Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event Summary
That would be alright if it weren't for the main issue is that we talking about a very time consuming event that taking place in a game where you're allowed to idle and come back later when you need to change areas or rarely do challenges.

I not sure what you seeing from the event that makes it good, there a lot of unbalancing. Nevermind that grinding for this event is far more annoying than I ever seen in most RPGs, even the bad ones.

It would be really nice if we could see more than just the level of the mobs, to know exactly just how much stats they getting per level versus ours.

Point is, the misses, diminishing xp returns, buff/debuff durations making no sense, some stats being near useless, etc etc, could go on but I rather not, it in my honest opinion needs a lot of fixing, not just in the xp department.

I not asking for a hand out here, like how players made Ray nerf the invasion event the first time that it was TOO easy, simply saying easy should be just that, easy, a breeze. Normal should probably require only a small amount of grinding/strategy, with finally hard being almost like how hard this event is right now but with better balancing.
(10-20-2016, 01:53 PM)FadedSentry Wrote: Personally I feel like the more time you're willing to spend the more you should be rewarded.

You know this is supposed to be an idle game, right?
Well the game is idle, it does not mean all events will be idle. Also it only takes a few hours every weekend.
(10-21-2016, 12:25 AM)PeuDoki Wrote: Well the game is idle, it does not mean all events will be idle. Also it only takes a few hours every weekend.

Highly doubt it only took you a few hours as it takes me least 2 hours per day before I decided to stop bothering with the event with how slow the movement and combat is.

If the event was fast, not so grindy, smoother movement and balanced combat that it finishes easily in 30 minutes even if I have over 1k pots (lets be honest, it takes forever to consume all these things), I might not be so negative about how I feel with the event.

I have other things I like to do, I play IOU for the idle while doing other things I like to do. Not suddenly have a event that takes up a lot of my time, I often have to give up one or two of the things I wanted to do just for this event and it wasn't even worth it.
I personally like an event with more interaction and things to do. Yes the entire game is called Idle Online Universe, but that does not mean everything has to be completely simple and mind numbingly easy. Yes the event has it's problems, most of which you named and I'm not denying that those are indeed problems. However, the idea of this event is something I do like even if that does take time to do. Honestly, I'd like for more events like these as I enjoy the change from mind numbingly easy stuff.

(10-20-2016, 11:30 PM)Hipoo Wrote: You know this is supposed to be an idle game, right?

Then don't do the event?
Don't get me wrong, I like RPGs but this event is anything but what a RPG is, it just has the elements of one but its poorly done (though we argued this point enough sadly).

I feel somewhat bad for Ray and the team cause they worked hard on it only to come out completely wrong, unfortunately the problem is I can't feel entirely bad for them cause there are things where I feel like they just rushed it or least pressured to get it out there and gave in to it.

If Invasion can be sped up to be much faster, there should be a way to make this event not only be re-balanced out but much faster also. Having active events can be done for games that is NOT idle, its actually off putting to have events that requires your every input every few seconds in a game that about idling most of the time. While I already not doing the event, I much hoping for a fix, I just glad Ray didn't (or least I hope he didn't) advertise the game back out with this event going, I sure they would've left saying the game is "not really idle at all" with a bad rating. I mean at least on invasion you can see you're eventually able to just idle it.
I seriously doubt anyone is going to rate this game low because an optional event requires more input than just letting a game sit idle.

Really though, like I said I do agree with some of the faults to this event, I honestly think the main complaint is just people don't want to put the time into doing it.
(10-21-2016, 09:22 PM)FadedSentry Wrote: I seriously doubt anyone is going to rate this game low because an optional event requires more input than just letting a game sit idle.

Really though, like I said I do agree with some of the faults to this event, I honestly think the main complaint is just people don't want to put the time into doing it.

I believe that is a bad event because you have to put a lot of time into doing it just to gain some level and go to another stage, it should be an event in an idle game not a game into another game. For god's sake the game is excellent but this event it could be much better and less difficult if you need hour into easy for some stages than at other difficulties it will need days and like i said it's an event that must be done not another game, it reminds a poor imitation of retro battle monsters games.
(10-21-2016, 09:22 PM)FadedSentry Wrote: I seriously doubt anyone is going to rate this game low because an optional event requires more input than just letting a game sit idle.

I put the time into it... the fire boss just simply isn't doable for me, even if I level it just won't be possible and I not about to do a bunch of build tests to see what works, that's a bit too hardcore.

Also you be surprised how often people actually do rate a game badly just because something optional may even go as far as feel required to them cause they getting started so the rewards is very much needed, but its too much of a hassle.
Well they're still tweaking the event, hopefully the final product will be something most people are happy with.

The only thing I don't understand is all the grinding complaints. I've only had to grind once and I'm level 17 about to be 18 on Level 4-5 and this was pre XP patch. Are people just not taking the time to fight everything on each level or something?