Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
P.I.C. - Community Competition!
Hey folks,

I think based on the votes of what you all can do, we will start the first community competition (in a long while) with something related to design.

This competition entails P.I.C.

Painting Interface Concepts

Task - Create TWO submissions (one each!):

1. Improved Design
    Take any window in the game, and come up with an improve user interface flow for it. Do you have ideas for improvements on one of the windows? This is your chance to share it and even potentially see it in game later on.
  2. New Feature Design
    Come up with your own feature idea, and design a window for it. I'm not looking for a design document here, i'm just looking for a visual concept.
Judgement - Components:
Very simple!
  • A concept that is clean, understandable
  • Votes by the community
  • In order to get votes, your design will have to be selected during judgement period BY the IOU team for public voting process
Rewards 5 Improved Design, and 5 New Feature Design:

• 1st Place: 50,000 Diamonds
  • 2nd Place: 35,000 Diamonds
  • 3rd Place: 20,000 Diamonds
  • 4th Place: 15,000 Diamonds
  • 5th Place: 10,000 Diamonds
It is possible to receive places in both submissions!

Timeline October:

• Submissions: You have until October 31st
  • Judgement: November

Submission Rules:
  • Post your submissions in this topic
  • Submissions must include an image. It does NOT need to be fancy! Wireframes are fine too.
  • Put both separate submissions into the same post
  • Multiple posts & Multiple submissions (beyond the 2 separate submissions) will be deleted. 
    ONLY POST YOUR SINGLE BEST SUBMISSIONS FOR EACH SUBMISSION

On your mark, get set, PIC!
Improved design:
A concept for the challenge window.
[Image: RCtDhd5.png]   [Image: SgIG1Mu.png]

New Feature:
Concept for a weekly ranking ladder.
[Image: hfAzwSF.png]   [Image: mnnHu5s.png]
do they have to have pictures if not...

mining window change could give more detail like the amount of layers left total before its cleared .

for a new feature i'm not sure maybe another way to get little bits of pet food like pet puzzles. random 1 off puzzle that you have to rearrange to get a reward of some pet food cooldown based with a cap or a daily limit.
(10-13-2016, 10:03 AM)wuggles Wrote: do they have to have pictures if not...

mining window change could give more detail like the amount of layers left total before its cleared .

for a new feature i'm not sure maybe another way to get little bits of pet food like pet puzzles. random 1 off puzzle that you have to rearrange to get a reward of some pet food cooldown based with a cap or a daily limit.

Submissions must include an image (updated the rules as well)
I like the idea of community competition, but not everyone can compete. I see the info and it looks like for the most part you want art little of new feature idea. To me that does not seem fair, i could come up with an idea of a new feature but would not be able to submit the idea as i would need the art for it. You do what you wish but i am not an artistic type of guy, i know how to enjoy works of art, now don't get the wrong idea here, but its harder for me to put to paper or even to a program what i would like to see as my talents lie else where. I do hope to see possible community competitions that i could compete with everyone on a even playing field.
Design, remove two screens and simplify how to assign card pack

[Image: Cm9pJz9.png]

feature. let the user manage the save/load of the pet map, save it in base64 or json or whatever
[Image: 0EqG7E9.png]
New feature.. IDLE fishing!... when in the fishing window, simply click on "idle fishing" to go back to the main game while having the idle fishing button... if you click on it once, it opens up a small version so you can see what is going on, if you click again, it goes full screen, and while fullscreen, there is a new button called "idle fishing" that allows you to minimize again...
http://i.imgur.com/Q4wn2k5.jpg

Next is one of the most awaited redesign, the expeditions! Here is a simple version of what people actually want Smile
http://i.imgur.com/OuVONLe.jpg
https://puu.sh/rH5nP/14bdd1f990.png had to at least try inspired by the atb system jay is using and ff13 .-.
The Daily Login feature is underwhelming as 1-5 ap/diamonds is next to nothing for higher level players and its always the same thing. I think adding a wheel with different types of currencies would bring a lot more excitement when claiming daily rewards.
[Image: gt1XhD5.png]
Sth I thought of for Card and Open Pack pages. Figured it'd minimize the scrolling needed to look for specific cards where you can select the World on the same page as well as selecting the monster. Concept Screens below:

1. Main Card Page
[Image: OEwpEWbl.png]

To proceed to opening a card pack, click pack of choice and click "Open Pack".

2. Card pack Page
[Image: ahrpUL8l.png]

NEW FEATURE (QOL):
Possibly enable player to open 2 or more of the same card pack without having to go back to main card page to re-select pack.