Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Expedition
Greetings and thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion.

Currently the community is at a point that the expeditions are of little value. I would like to see a "Fishing Expedition" option added where a "ship" will go out and come back with a "Catch" of fish. This expedition is a "Guided expedition" and costs Expedition points. It makes use of the points and gives the user a benefit.

I would think it could be upgraded similar to the regular ships where you upgrade Crew (Get out and back faster), Hold (Chance of more successful catch. IE: 3 fish instead of 2), and Sonar (Chance of failiure)  and  and each level increases chance to catch higher level fish. It would give anywhere from 2-5 random catches based on time and add generates clams for the player. The longer the time the better chance for higher level and more fish.  Its a slow way to add to the fishing caught and level up fishing gear.

Fully leveled up and everything going PERFECT you get 5 fish worth 3 clams so a total of 15 clams.

Forgive me if there are grammar errors or mistakes in this. I'm currently thinking this through while battling through a migraine headache. Interested in hearing suggestions and thoughts on this.
As far as I'm aware there is already a plan for expeditions. Which is will come soonish™. It's suppose to be pvp like at that point.
I know they have a "Soonish" thing planned and it involves PVP but I am thinking of additional uses it. Saying something is coming doesnt mean there shouldn't be other things coming....
Wouldn't that ruin the point then? From what I understand the new expedition system will have far more upgrades that will use the expedition points. And if it is pvp based. Then not many people will care about the fish thing they will care about the pvp upgrades.
Its just like many other aspects of the game. Do you prioritize just PVP upgrades? Do you do PVP upgrades and fishing expedition?
Once your PVP upgrades are done...were back to no use again?

Your argument AGAINST this is that something else is coming...that MIGHT make this not as useful at first because MAYBE the PVP upgrades will be focused on by everyone and then AFTER those upgrades its back to being useful but I want PVP first.

Once again saying something else is coming doesnt mean another item cant. Make it cost gold then for the fishing expedition and have the expedition points to upgrade. Gold isnt a currency most higher level players worry about and would give it a good use again at those higher levels.