Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of suggestions and ideas.
Hi, 
A couple of ideas that i think are worth writing and sharing with you guys.

1) Wishing Well - you throw a candy inside and you get random bonus. You could get stronger bonus but for short time (1-2h) like double damage or +50% attack boost, weaker (8h) like double cards drop, double mining/wood energy recharge etc or some resources or no bonus at all.

2) Magical Garden - something close to one from Wartune, you can plant 4 types of stuff: candy (used in Wishing Well), cookie (used in Dungeon to heal your team), cake (used in Friend List as a gift to another player), Pet Food. Creating one will take longer time (10-12h?). Second option is that plants would give you timed bonuses just like in Wishing Well. Also people from your Friend List could help with growing your plants by killing pests/insects, water or taking some seed (when fully grown) and in exchange for some tiny bit of resources.

3) Friend List - with a limit (50?), they could help with your plants in Magical Garden or send a gift. That gift will be a cake (produced in M.G.) with reward in resources, timed bonuses. Could also have some funny text when you receive one 
(examples) 
"Cake was a lie. Now you are hungry and angry. You feel like hitting stuff will do you good" - +20% Clicking DMG for next 2h
"You took a bite and your teeth almost fell off. Inside your cake was hidden 10 diamonds from Ray's secret stash" - +10 diamonds

4) (Darkest) Dungeon
a) first part will be unlocked when you reach mining lvl 100 - you can hire team by paying gold and sending them on higher levels of dungeon (close to how expeditions works), high fail rate when it comes to rewards
b) second part will be unlocked when you hit lvl 600 & had at least 100k IOU score. You can enter dungeon yourself (go into deeper/lower levels), solo (only you with your pets), with equipment window, health bar, level (starting from lvl 1). Overall i dont have much on this as it require a lot of work, true, independent minigame in IOU with map revealing with your actions like disabling traps, opening chests, fighting monsters and bosses with healing from cookies created in Magical Garden. I just think something like dungeon should be added, anyway, moving on...

5) Story (lol), more windows explaining stuff, depth - game needs more windows with texts explaining what just happened, game needs to have soul (or a little bit of it) and not be just a collection of colorful icons that you click and forget. Texts could be not too serious, could work with some stuff that is already in game like expeditions, adding some depth to game
(example) 
When you fail on expedition - "Your expedition encountered alien ship with only bikini models in it. You didnt get much resources but your male part of crew still come back home happy"

More of that could be added in my previous suggestions (Wishing Well, sending gift to ppl through Friend List), also we could use help from community with creating this stuff, contest with rewards and best ones will be added to game.

6) Achievements/Trophies - here could be a lot of funny stuff, but overall game needs more unlocked one time, more secrets and more with progress/reaching new milestone
(examples)
"I can click" - click 100 times
"Clicking with eyes closed" - click 1000 times
"Now with no hands" - click 10k times
"Mouse killer" - click 100k times
"Click-a-geddon" - click 1m times
(Secret) "Impatient" - click 20 times on any "Coming soon" icon
"Luck of a potato" - fail 3 times in a row on expedition (+5 AP)
"Just like winning on a lottery" - have at least 100% more reward 3 times in a row on expedition (+3 AP)
"God's favourite" - get 500 S.O. Exp 3 times in a row
"RNGesus" - get 1000 S.O. Exp 2 times in a row

Can think of more if needed Smile
Also achievements could have some fancy icons, every one could have its own

Summary and TLDR

Game needs new content (also unlockable later in game, based on high level, IOU score, mining level etc - you need to feel that you want to hit some milestones just like in the beginning of your adventure in IOU), reworked achievements/trophies, Friend List, bonuses based on time (like event bonuses but max daily), more depth and pop up windows with short info explaining what just happened, using more help from community and their ideas Smile (some community contests also would be nice).

Suggestions that i described could have different names, get balanced better and some of them are just ideas but i am open for criticizm, also any help polishing them is always welcome. I feel that right now time is short and we need to act faster if we dont want too much ppl to give up on IOU and competition is not sleeping, making it even harder.

PS Sorry for my bad English - if you dont understand something, let me know, i will try explaining that again.
1) Sounds op.

2) I believe farming was one of Ray's ideas. I don't think timed bonuses are a good idea here.

3) Friend list ok, sending stuff not.

The cake is not a lie.

4) I dislike requirements. I mean, I seriously dislike them. They're stupid. Very stupid.

5) More unnecessary windows/pop-up? No. What we need is to get rid of pointless windows, like those announcing failed expeditions.

Random "funny" comments are actually nice.

6) Iirc Ray has plans on changing trophies. But nevertheless, I dislike clicking achievements (brainless auto clicker spam) and RNG ones with orb exp (3x 500 in a row is 1:1000 and 2x 1000 in a row is 1:1,000,000).
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(09-15-2016, 07:26 PM)Brouwer Wrote: 1) Sounds op.

2) I believe farming was one of Ray's ideas. I don't think timed bonuses are a good idea here.

3) Friend list ok, sending stuff not.

The cake is not a lie.

4) I dislike requirements. I mean, I seriously dislike them. They're stupid. Very stupid.

5) More unnecessary windows/pop-up? No. What we need is to get rid of pointless windows, like those announcing failed expeditions.

Random "funny" comments are actually nice.

6) Iirc Ray has plans on changing trophies. But nevertheless, I dislike clicking achievements (brainless auto clicker spam) and RNG ones with orb exp (3x 500 in a row is 1:1000 and 2x 1000 in a row is 1:1,000,000).

As i said those are just ideas, not anything that is ready to be put in game, requirements for unlocking new content can be changed/get balanced (same story with achievements) but overall I think that they need to be implemented for ppl to want to get there, reach that milestone and get new stuff (and new players dont need to have already unlocked all stuff, idle games are about reaching some points where you get something more, acquire some boost and farm more). Also some sort of end game content (higher level content to be exact) could be really appreciated, not just that boring challenges all the way

Achievements were examples of how i would like to see them, if you dont want any related with clicking (in idle game, lol), Ray might not add it - there could be a lot of stuff related with clearing challenges, reaching some mining level, geting new pet etc tons of stuff (also some weird ones like that secret Smile, its up to you, but also community could work on it, creating some crazy ones.

Depth aka more pop up windows that would give some backstory on why your expedition failed, what your friend sent you instead of cake etc but that would work mostly on content with RNG that is not much in IOU atm. I know that reading is starting to be more tough skill among young ones but maybe it wouldn't be bad if game have a bit more of it. There is a lot of idle games that are just a bunch of miningless icons to click on and you forget about them 5 min after you finish - we dont want the same to happen with iou, we want the best for the game that we love (any1 played Candy Box? just text, no graphics and still fun, legendary game), ppl need to start wanting discover game, have fun with random stuff (even fails) and come back everyday for more.

Friend List is an option to have some more relations between players as iou want to be online game and not just idle. Guilds and challenges arent enough.
1) I think Ray already has an idea for all 'coming soon' buildings, Warehouse came out of nowhere (which makes me think of someone making a suggestion that Ray liked and had to create a new one).

2) Looks like expeditions with different resources Tongue

3) I'm with Brouwer, friend list is ok but I'm not a fan of gifting. It's the thing I hate the most on 'social games'.

4) Same as 1. Also, those requirements take too long, all other features locked at the beginning are unlocked through ascension tiers.

5) I'm ok with that, but there are a lot of complaints to reduce unnecessary clicks already Tongue

6) More trophies are always welcome. But if Ray really has other plans for trophies, this is pointless.
(09-16-2016, 03:15 AM)Hipoo Wrote: 1) I think Ray already has an idea for all 'coming soon' buildings, Warehouse came out of nowhere (which makes me think of someone making a suggestion that Ray liked and had to create a new one).

2) Looks like expeditions with different resources Tongue

3) I'm with Brouwer, friend list is ok but I'm not a fan of gifting. It's the thing I hate the most on 'social games'.

4) Same as 1. Also, those requirements take too long, all other features locked at the beginning are unlocked through ascension tiers.

5) I'm ok with that, but there are a lot of complaints to reduce unnecessary clicks already Tongue

6) More trophies are always welcome. But if Ray really has other plans for trophies, this is pointless.

1) I guess using name "Wishing Well" might be confusing, maybe "Genie" or "Witch" would be better? Anyway it wasnt mean to be new building but new small game mode where you spend candies in exchange for (if lucky and witch in good mood) timed bonuses or resources.

2) Yes but also that mode would add players cooperation for reaching own goal (grow plants)

4) Requirements can be changed/lowered, the point was to give higher level players some content only for them and players with medium levels some milestone that they wanted to reach/unlock just for getting that long awaited new mode. About ascension tiers - right now getting to AT3 dont require much time, ppl are boosting level all the way, after that we dont have anything unique to please them, not any new reset progress, not any new world etc

5) Clicking is big part of any idle game, we have that stamina thing to not over use it, but i dont mind less clicking on challenges (and my family looking at me as i was crazy or something while i do that)

6) At least i tried give some ideas, i dont know what Ray has prepared or when it finally appear in game, maybe he will look from the sky and say - "You there, yes you-  small and ugly one, i like your suggested achievements, make more and send them to my HQ" and i will have my 5 min to shine Big Grin