Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current state of clicking
Firstly, the clicking i'm referring the type used to advance combat
In its current form, outside of challenges there are people who use it to make progress on their first ascensions which is good, of course we know this leads to scripters and although something could be done about them, it will never solve the problem.

In challenges clicking becomes a turn on your autoclicker and hope that your rng is good which is fine when you aren't taking ping into account. Due to having to register an input from our side, there is a delay and overall a loss in dps especially when the servers or our own internet is being bad at the time. In the end it comes to whoever has the better ping has the increased probability of advancing in a challenge or challenge series and to the point of being challenge damage people cant get due to their ping. This in turn starts out as a very small dps increase for a party however this increase slowly compounds on each other.

My suggestion would be to remove clicking from challenges altogether or do something about this system because in the end its creating an unfair advantage.

Cashing is also an unfair advantage however, its earned by the people who play the game and just something we have to deal with in order for the servers to be paid for however, challenges are something that can be changed quite easily to remove an unfair advantage. Sure this is just a game and we do play for fun but i personally would rather remove flaws like this.

As clicking is a key component to the game, another option could be to start treating challenges as pet arenas, using a charge turn based system (ctb), more so to account for the difference in attack speed players have, possibly further expanding on this by making click damage exclusively for challenges while auto being exclusively for basic combat

so what are your thoughts, are you in favor of combat more similar to turn based or are you fine with the current system, couldn't care any less about what happened?
(09-11-2016, 07:04 PM)aphixia Wrote: 1. My suggestion would be to remove clicking from challenges altogether or do something about this system because in the end its creating an unfair advantage.

2. Cashing is also an unfair advantage however, its earned by the people who play the game and just something we have to deal with in order for the servers to be paid for however, challenges are something that can be changed quite easily to remove an unfair advantage. Sure this is just a game and we do play for fun but i personally would rather remove flaws like this.

3. As clicking is a key component to the game, another option could be to start treating challenges as pet arenas, using a charge turn based system (ctb), more so to account for the difference in attack speed players have, possibly further expanding on this by making click damage exclusively for challenges while auto being exclusively for basic combat
1. There's a suggestion that holding a mouse will count as continuous clicking. Removing it is out of option.
2. I don't see how unfair that is. 
3. No, no turn-based system. Click speed would become useless. Dividing click and auto for different combats is a terrible idea.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
click speed would not be useless in a charge based system think of ff10 or shadow hearts for example, the idea of holding the click button down for a continuous stream of clicks is nice, cashing i guess you could consider objectively fair based on how you plan your future etc for spare money on a game not that it matters, loosing 20%+ challenge damage due to bad ping is what i find unfair
Clicking is not unfair. It's a big part of the game. If you think spending money is unfair, rip. The problem is in the servers, which have been terrible since the day this game came out and they will be terrible until the day this game shuts down for good. This isn't a new problem, everyone has had to just suck it up and deal with it, for we all know how low on the priority list fixing the lag is. If the servers were fine and it's your internet that's bad, then that's your fault. The continuous stream idea is a good idea. It's not an unfair system, it's a broken and ignored system.
its not a matter of bad internet its a matter of ping from one place to another being the thing that directly determines 20% of your dps currently