Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Blog Feed Back
That is a dirty detail indeed, a very dirty detail.
Will max amount of players in guilds be dependent on GH? How will that work when level is reset to 1? Do we just remake all guilds here is that what you are telling us?

Its what it sounds like.

For everyone outside Chaos anyway ha; maybe eden.

Ray, not everyone has kept the same members in their guild the past year.  Many have had big players come and go who have dropped millions and millions of stone.

You're talking about returning this to the accts that quit some time in the last year, who knows, to have 10s of millions of stone sitting on accts that dont play any more, let  alone not in the same guilds.

Some players *cough* me *cough*  who have carried tons of guys 15%, 20%, or more over there dps who have dropped lots of stones and quit game.

So the guilds get screwed and start anew?

This idea sounds ridiculous.
---Retired---
This is just going to be annoying, it's bad enough getting members to communicate with how little activity is needed in this game most of the time if we do have to recreate the guild from scratch especially since not everyone uses discord. at the very least do something to ensure guilds arent broken
(08-29-2016, 11:39 PM)Ragekai Wrote: Question: If you want to return stones cuz you are redoing buildings; why not return it to the bank?  Wasn't that the whole point of it last time; when it was added so that Chaos got to keep there stone when they went >caps?  -.-
This is the same thing that came to my mind. Just transfer stones from buildings to the bank. 

Personal trackings of donations can be used to determine how much guild xp was obtained (altough the guild xp can be determined from guild xp upgrades independently).
I am a Nerd.  Angel
i dont see it as a good idea to make donations do personal boni, guild wide boni would be much smoother. and with that you can just put donated stone back to the bank and everyone keeps their current guild xp etc.. I mean most guilds wont be affected by the way ray propsed it by a significant amount but some guilds
will be fucked over very hard (atleast building level wise, how the total boni changes we will see once its on test or live) IF ray wants to keep it as he has proposed in the blog i want to suggest that guild progress is tied to the player account and guilds will lose out that progress when a player leaves. (simular to how shopping heroes is doing it, which is kinda how ray plans to do it)
(08-30-2016, 02:03 AM)jays Wrote: i dont see it as a good idea to make donations do personal boni, guild wide boni would be much smoother. and with that you can just put donated stone back to the bank and everyone keeps their current guild xp etc.. I mean most guilds wont be affected by the way ray propsed it by a significant amount but some guilds
will be fucked over very hard (atleast building level wise, how the total boni changes we will see once its on test or live) IF ray wants to keep it as he has proposed in the blog i want to suggest that guild progress is tied to the player account and guilds will lose out that progress when a player leaves.  (simular to how shopping heroes is doing it, which is kinda how ray plans to do it)

And I would like to suggest doing away with guilds entirely
And just making you automatically put in groups of 40 based on your iou score.

OOP. Can't go that route; Rage would still have a fair shot.
---Retired---
Really against proposed guild changes, otherwise all good

edit - my 100th post 
[Image: blowing-party-horn.png]
Andez - Click Heroes
The guild restructure is a bad idea. It will do much much more harm than good.

Adjusting how much people can leech is a bad idea. By limiting a very small group of people who get carried, you are alienating every potential big spender who is willing to get support 10+ only if they know they can get leveling help from a top guild.

Level up reward milestones is a good thing.

Fishing lab prices need to be changed from the ground up. The cost changes made after level 6 do nothing for 99% of players, as they will never get there anyways. You're thinking ahead that this game will be popular for several years, and being so maybe people will get there in 2 or 3 years. They won't, as they won't be playing.

I'm not a fan of the reworked UI. Some people might really enjoy it, but I don't see why almost all your developing resources for the past few months have gone to cosmetic changes.

The upgrade map resets will be equally annoying whether you make them one time uses, or the unlimited resets for x amount of hours. Some system needs to be put in that makes it easier to unlock the paths you want. Having to manually click literally hundreds times in specific spots gets very tedious.

It wasn't mentioned but I want to add that I was so disappointed in how you handled the upcoming "new" event. It was supposed to be for next month, but what seems like the catchphrase for this game "It won't be ready for another month". You put so much time and resources into it, that you forced it to be pushed back. You can't keep pushing back almost every single feature you ever worked on. People won't put up with it forever. You have your long term players, then you have your people who are around for a game that they expect routine content releases on like every other major MMO. The constant setbacks will push them away.

Bingo, not excited about. It's been pushed back so many times now, my enthusiasm for it is gone.

Guild challenges/beasts are what a lot of people have been waiting for. If you do it right, you might put some life back into the game.

Out of every update listed, my vote goes for pushing the development resources toward guild beasts.

Bug issues still persist and are annoying. I, and a lot of other people don't see why it takes you months to squash easy to fix bugs. Even when you do try an fix them, it generally just leads to more bugs. Challenges have been lagging everyday for the past year, and still aren't fixed. That's a problem far beyond just fixing code.

You need to look at player feedback before you start making more changes. It seems you care nothing about what we have to say, because you continuously make harmful changes to the game against most players requests. The guild idea is very bad. If you implement that without listening, you will kill the game even more.
I find the guild rework fine.

The only thing I'm worried about is the fact the stone is going to the players. What if that player puts the stone in a not so great building. Ruining progress overall.

However, I also see a problem with just putting it in the bank. Due to that planned bonus when donating thing. If you donate to the bank what building bonus do you get? As there is planned to be a personal and a guild one.
If Ray has some log that shows every donate you ever made anyway; you can get guild exp just like you already have been doing and align the points whereever you want. Theres no need to erase guild's building history in the process; if you want bonuses on top of buildings based on which you put stone in -- there's no reason you can't do that with the buildings being kept in; just reward players guild exp back like you have been doing and make the bonuses bought with guild exp on the buildings instead of the upgrade window or something.

There are plenty of ways to do a update where you add this type of thing without leveling guilds flat.

The fact that the top 5 is [Chaos + MDK + Disorder], [Revs + Instakilla + instakill 2.0 + penetrators], [Mystic Knights + there 4 underlings]
Then you got CH standing alone. So at best 40 players vs groups of 120 (with 99% of sup 13+ concentration), 160, and 200 who collaborate and dump all there stone in to one guild each.

It's laughably unfair. Even without considering most the players aren't still in the same guilds they put there stone on their come ups. Guilds they would of never made it to where they were 1/2 as quickly without.

Its injustice at the very least.
---Retired---
(08-30-2016, 05:17 AM)Srw Wrote:  You can't keep pushing back almost every single feature you ever worked on. People won't put up with it forever. You have your long term players, then you have your people who are around for a game that they expect routine content releases on like every other major MMO. The constant setbacks will push them away.

(...)

Guild challenges/beasts are what a lot of people have been waiting for. If you do it right, you might put some life back into the game.

Out of every update listed, my vote goes for pushing the development resources toward guild beasts.
Beasts were announced like a year ago with orbs update. Since then... Nothing. 

The thing, next to beasts, that so many people are looking forward is expedition system. It sits there unchanged for over a year, being only the source of diamonds and that's it. There is absolutely nothing else you can do with it and with 30k+ expedition points that so many people already have.

We had a glimps on avatars months ago. Since then... You guess.

While I do like some aspects of the game, there isn't much fun waiting months for something good. Since I started playing I can remember just a few major things (not in chronologial order):
1. Inferno mode introduction (pre kong).
2. Orbs.
3. Cards system.
4. Pet expansion and pet map.
5. Fishing.
6. Monhtly events.

The rest was more like balance changes rather than actual content update. That gives like 1 major stuff / 3 months. 

What I'd be looking forward the most:
1. Equipment (over avatars, classes etc, which seem to be visual stuff).
2. Beasts (high team work stuff)
3. Guild XP upgrades change (half of them are worthless)
4. New mode after inferno, which wouldn't be based on endless grinding (and for which I have an idea).

Final note: the earlier something is announced and the longer poeple have to wait for it (like bingo, cooming soon), the less excitement after the update.
I am a Nerd.  Angel