Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev Blog Feed Back
If all stone is returned to players, I would really like it not to be invest-only. My current guild is dead, yet again, and the only reason I've stayed for so long is it has relatively high level buildings and I've contributed a lot. (Also reported a glitch with no Creator being set.) If everything gets reset I could feel free to leave and join a higher level guild that hopefully will stay active, and put all my stone there (perhaps a good bargaining chip to get into a good guild).

Not a fan of time-based bonuses, but it's a sensible idea for a game like this, I suppose.

Fixing some browser lag caused by the game would be really nice. I have an old laptop and other websites tend to start lagging if I keep the game open for too long. It takes a long time to recover after closing the game as well.

Another really nice-to-have is an easy way to see which inferno tier would give the best exp rate (previous gains system did this pretty well).

Thanks! Looking forward to where the game goes!
Contributor to the IOU Wiki - my user page.
even if i like certain ideas you came up with ray, i totally dislike the refunding of donated stones to the players, thus being able to respend them. you happen to know how many people donated millions of stones and stopped playing? those millions, if not billions, will be flushed away and permanently lost for the guilds they did spend their active gameplay at.

if you really gonna do this type of rehaul on the guildbuildingsystem, you've to come up with a different way to refund/respent donated stones. cause even if the player is dead in terms of not actively playing anymore, the stones he did spend to the guild arent as dead. they still contribute to the guild's goals.
Good to get a dev post, as always Smile

Don't have much to say except about...you guessed it...guild building stuff. I hate it. I like the system the way it is, and if you want to change it, fine. Maybe it'll be better, maybe it won't (much like certain new UI elements that are hard on the eyes and not at all easy to read at a glance) but change isn't the end of the world. The problem with what's been proposed is that it's going to kill a lot of existing guilds. Take my guild for example, we've ground and clawed our way up into the top 100 without monitoring invites. We're strictly a public guild that helps out new players and likes to chat (in game chat btw) whenever people are around. What happens to our current members when our cap is reset? We can't invite them all, or explain what happened. What about the metric buttload of stone that'll go out into the ether because we've been suffused with players who become inactive. This is a big problem for us since we're public only. What about all of those members we've helped raise who've been headhunted by top-tier guilds? So those top tier guilds get stone right out of our buildings?

I'm sure you'll figure something out Ray, I've got faith in you to do right by us in the end. As a fellow dev, were I in your shoes, I'd probably push back this guild rehaul idea until you've figured out all the other things we're excited about that you've been pushing back over and over. I know figuring out the guild stuff is a key part of the systems planning that should be finished before the new features go live, but I really think that it needs more time than you'd be able to give it without holding out on new features that are sorely needed.
I'm with Jays, a guild stone reset would be far better than a personal stone reset since a lot of guilds have, and like RageKai mentioned there were players coming into guilds, donating a lot of stone and moving on, either from the guild or the game itself. Either way I don't think this is going to be rushed and I'm sure all of the details will be worked out before doing any major work on it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001

Wouldn't it be simpler to refund all stone contributed to bank, and forget about the personal buff for contributing? Every guilds keep their stone from retired players and those who still plays are happy because they will be able to make their guild as it is. On my point of view (and it seems I'm not the only one) it is a lot easier to get "only" a guild buff. Also, there is less chance to lose some stone in the process, as it was for a few with the PP. It is still possible to add a unique buff each time you contribute to the bank (or any other building for guilds that do not use the bank) .

But I don't think guild change is really important now. As said before, there are more important stuff to do : expedition, world (or guild) beast, bingo (still planned? xD) . This rehaul can definitively wait a few more guilds to get near to cap...