Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Visual] Pet training UI suggestion
All other windows (even rehauled ones, like character panel or top ranks) have their close buttons in top right corner, square-shaped with a big X in the middle.
Pet training, on the other hand, has a button in the bottom left, rectangular-shaped, with text "Close".

IMO it doesn't make sense, it's counter-intuitive. Don't get me wrong, it's not the matter of "getting used to the new look", it's the matter of consistency in design.

Also, while I'm at it, if you decide to change the button to the corner, there's more space to fill. It can be used to make the "After level 10..." text bigger and more readable, or be a placeholder link button for "Coming Soon-ish" Beast submenu or something like that Big Grin

Edit: top right* thanks, ND1
You mean the top right corner, right?
As far as I know, the UI rehaul is only partly done. More things are going to be rehauled in a future patch. I agree with you though, that I liked the button on the top right more.
I'm going to take this comment a step further, this goes beyond a simple "lack of consistency" not having the close button in the top right goes against the last 30 years of UI design. Even Apple eventually backed down and offered the top right close button as an option because people are used to it. Before the update there was no close button in the planet selection screen and the challenges window, both of these were irritating, but dealt with rarely enough that the irritation didn't "stick". With the update now pet training and shopping are missing the close button. Please fix these; by all means if the artist in you feels the need to have a giant close button somewhere in the middle of the page then go for it, but keep the small x for those of us who just want to get the job done and back to our game.