Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
meat from kills
Well it should be upgradeable or at least scaleable to match higher pet tiers somewhat, for example:
t1: cap is 90% of pet level per day
t2: cap is 80% of pet level per day

if we are having caps on this then we need it to be still provide more food to make up for the exponential difficulty in pet tiers whilst still being significantly slower each time, with a cap of 50 it is assumed that pet tier 20 will take 280 days to level just from this. Maybe thats the correct number to have for such a high pet tier but i just think if we do have a system it should be upgradeable to slowly make higher pet tiers easier and open up the path to further pet tiers.

My only worry is making this too easy and then requiring more pet tiers which make pet dps too much compared to our base dps, can't really give suggestions on how to fix this.

In regards to that cap, we assume 6 seconds per kill, thats 8 hours per day which anyone can get, even grinding for xp and slower kills you arent going to go over 18 second kills for fast xp. At the very least, the cap needs to be more difficult to hit so it isnt just something thats for free to everyone online

hope my random suggestions help, they may be useless but i tried .-.
if we use pet tier as daily cap it will favor p2w players more
If do decide on it, shouldn't make the daily cap too hard to reach either, as not everyone leaves the game on 24/7 despite that quite a bit of us probably do already.

I guess that has its own problem, if too hard to reach, it favors players that always online, if too easy, it just becomes a freebie. It'll be hard to make sure it doesn't spiral out of control in making getting to 10+ tier too easy, gonna need good numbers for it.
Cap shouldn't be based on pet tier. It should be static. Extra food is always a plus, even if it's only 50 per day. I wouldn't be opposed to having ways to increase it such as an upgrade system, but such an upgrade system should be like every other upgrade system in the game: it becomes harder to progress the higher level it is. Basing it on pet level would make it easier to progress the higher level it is. Very unbalanced way to do it.

Better yet, just have it be very difficult to get pet food from this system (rather than having a solid cap) so that people can progress in it as quickly or as slowly as they dare to set the rate of their kills.

Even better, have the meat be something that you can buy pet food with daily, where each food costs more than the last, and where the cost resets daily (like with sacrifices). 

Let's say you kill one mob every 6 seconds. In a day, you'd kill 14,400 mobs. Whereas someone killing a mob every second gets 86,400 mobs per day. Let's say the 14,400 is worth ~50 pet food (possibly modified by upgrades to be higher). The person getting 86,400 might earn ~100 pet food in a day.

A formula that would fit this curve might look like:

EDIT: the previous formula had a mistake in it. New formula should be better:

meat_cost = 2 * food_bought ^ 1.5 + 100

With this, the 6-second per kill guy gets 42 food per day. The 1-second per kill guy gets 97 food per day.
Like i said at start it should be something that players decide if to go for it or not. Example if you farm long kills over 20 sec you shouldnt be able to reach daily cap than ppl who focus instant kills that would give players new option so they can decide what they like in old times cards had quite big focus mixed with xp but now cards over 25k its blah so most ppl focus xp only
I updated my previous post with an added suggestion.
you mean something like fishing SO ?

also i wanted some bonus from challenge kills no idea 10 per kill or something that would award players who help with challenges
Yeah, like SO.

And while I like the thought of getting a bonus for helping players, I'm not sure how you'd prevent people from abusing it to farm challenges (on their own, or in a group of other players who have also already cleared the challenge).
offline gains while in challenge give less xp than you would normally get + no card drops so if they prefer to get more pet food than card/xp its their choice and like we were talking there would be daily limit or lets say higher costs for each next pet food you trade daily so its not really abuseable
Just read through the thread and I'm really intrigued by this. I'm a pet fanatic, so any way I can sacrifice normal progress for pet progress is fine by me! The best suggestion I read was about getting "meat" from running challenges you've already completed. Each boss should probably be worth a certain amount of meat, and maybe you can only earn that boss' meat once per day? So higher lvl players would have access to more bosses (and higher lvl bosses which would probably provide more meat), thereby slightly balancing their increased need for food over the average player. The only problem with this idea is that early challenges would probably stop being a challenge for new players :/ Maybe it would just be better if regular monsters shot out meat when killed, so by sacrificing gains by lowering your level (thus dropping down to 1HKO territory) you could increase the amount of meat you gained every day. And yeah, then it would just work like soul orbs so that players who were getting ten times the meat wouldn't be getting ten times the food out of it.