Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clix
Have to say, I'm not very happy with the need for Clix in order to click the damage window. It feels very much like I'm being punished for playing the game.

ETA: Love the new challenges, though. Thanks for all the great work.
Hey LossLeader...

Unfortunately that's the opposite that the Clix system is intended for, but the undesired effect. There were many users auto-clicking while away and getting ahead of users who were manually playing and not using click-bots.

This system is to hinder their (lack thereof) efforts of getting ahead. Now with Clix you can still auto click but you'll just be getting a minor boost here and there and have nothing left over for progression attempts on bosses/zones as an active player would.

That being said, it's also still an early feature, and like all early features, will receive several adjustments/updates over time. I'm actually working on the two new Clix upgrades this very moment to improve the Clix system a bit.

Here is the topic regarding the issues that lead up to the Clix system:
https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=190

I've also been thinking about ways that a player could force a rejuvenation of Clix without the use of Gold, AP, or Diamonds, but more of a mini-game that even sophisticated scripts would have a hard time handling, but whatever that is and even if it does get implemented, it's unfortunately not in my short-term sight.
(02-22-2015, 10:18 AM)Ray Wrote: Hey LossLeader...

Thanks for the reply. Makes good sense.
Don't take this as negative feedback, more as constructive criticism.
The clix system did not do much to prevent auto clickers from getting ahead, lets say you have player 1 who has an auto clicker, he auto clicks until clix reach 0, and continues to click as they rejuvenate. Ultimately he is still getting 100% of available opportunity of progression without physically being present.
Player 2 who has no auto clicker and plays legit. He clicks and clicks and clicks, but no matter how much he does, if he EVER lets clix reach max capacity he is losing progress still, compared to player 1.

Auto clickers have to have a choke point for this to be successful, if you have legit players who normally put more then the max amount of manual clicks in the game, now they are more restricted, it limits the actual work they put into it so they are in turn suffering BECAUSE of people who obtain auto clickers. The ultimate goal should be to not affect legitimate players but to only affect people with auto clickers.

As far as the system currently is, auto clickers still have the ability to progress faster and more efficiently than manual clickers, because not all players will continuously keep the clix count down, but auto clickers will.
Auto clickers only have that ability if actives allow the clix to reach the capacity and let it sit there without using it...otherwise strategically using clix will hold more value than randomly passively using them on mobs they normally wouldn't even need them for in the first place.
(02-22-2015, 12:01 PM)Skream Wrote: As far as the system currently is, auto clickers still have the ability to progress faster and more efficiently than manual clickers, because not all players will continuously keep the clix count down, but auto clickers will.

Mathematically, this is completely true. Disabling the click ability altogether would have more of an effect.

What may be required is a click governor. Those with the most clicks per day rise to the top and then can be investigated and banned. It's a lot of work.

What also may be required is to sadly resign oneself to the fact that web games can be hacked.

ETA: This all seems to have been discussed in the linked thread, so perhaps rehashing it here is a bit redundant.
It is not good to ban people for simple things, even tho they are taking advantage of a program to play for them, they are potential revenue for a game to help its funding and progress, and I am not even entirely true this is against the rules. There should be countermeasures in place that will simply disrupt people with auto clickers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only know of two ways people can 'cheat' on a game like this. One is an auto-clicker, which basically presses a mouse button for you repeatedly, and a Macro which records mouse and keyboard movements so you can make a recording of what you did. There is i'm sure more technical ways to cheat by programs that are infused with the game itself but that is highly unlikely for this situation.
We just should take a few safeguards to cut off possibility of mindless repetition. It doesn't have to be extremely thorough.

Prompt messages that appear on your screen in slightly different locations, asking if you are active, or simple to answer questions with multiple choice or 'type to answer' questions.
Failure to answer the question correctly or in a timely manner disables your auto attack.
30 seconds to answer the question, if the question is not answered but the user continued to click for that 30 seconds, manual and auto attack are disabled until you stop manual clicking for 30 seconds; then both can be reactivated.
A red box can appear where your mouse cursor is located, if you continue to click it reduces your gains from current enemies by 1% per attack.
An enemy that is healed by 500% amount of manual attack damage with no kill timer; random spawn like treasure mobs. If you do not stop attacking, it will not die.

There are some ideas that could be incorporated with the clix system, I hope it helps!