Poll: What do you think of the EP system?
This poll is closed.
I like the EP system as is!
43.33%
13 43.33%
I want the EP system to change!
30.00%
9 30.00%
I don't care either way, I still have fun!
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Event points! (community feedback)
If the game would be like DarkSoul suggested (those who spend more get always ahead) it would be a very boring game. Some people bought a lot of diamonds which is a short term investment (with BH you got more dias, AP and crystals for you money than everyone else), some people bought EP packs which is a long term investment (giving a small bonus on the spot but it is a lasting bonus). It would be really unfair to take out EP from the game which people bought as a long term investment.
Things I don't think should be done:

1) Do not remove EP from the game. Really bad idea.
2) Do not provide more EP rewards to newer players that scales up with the fewer EP they have.
3) Do not allow newer players to buy more EP packs than other players.

If a change is made to EP in any way, it would be good if it feels more rewarding to new players, but it should not punish older players or those who have invested in the game. I don't think it's necessary that new players be able to "catch up" to older players.

I consider this request an interesting one. I don't have a solution though.
I think the new loyalty system that is being planned will serve the purpose that long time players want, ep system should enable people to catchup in some way if we are relying on a seperate loyalty system.
All the ideas will have cons and pros, but they can be balanced and handled later. Now it is important to get the ideas. So please stop thinking "too far ahead" and let your imaginations run little bit. Once we lots of ideas it will be easier to take good ones and combine etc from them and get something that might work. So just throw them out first and sort out later.

1# maximum EP cap
---------------------
Decide a maximum amount of EP that a player can have at current moment and then raise the maximum per new event. Let those who have not reached the cap buy EP-until they hit the cap.

2# diminishing returns + "bonus tree"
--------------------------------
Divide the bonuses and add few more, let the player spread the ep between the bonuses. Make the bonuses have soft caps ( but raise these caps from time to time). Once you are over the soft cap, you still get more from a "node" but the return is smaller tan before the soft cap. ( for example add fishing related bonuses, party bonuses, challenge bonuses)

3# combine EP with Ascension
----------------------------------
EP points enhance ascension upgrades ( add bonuses, multipliers, enlarge the values)

4# combine EP with "gold bought upgrades"
---------------------------------------------------
Similar to 3# but targets the hunting, auto, click, woodcutting, mining by letting the player use EP to enhance their bonuses.

5# bonus nodes with cooldowns
------------------------------
EP has different bonus combination nodes. Once you pick one it is active for a month. After a month the node(s) go to cooldown and player needs to pick different node(s) to activate.
From the point of view of f2p player EPs and this system is about fine. I am playing basically since the EP system was introduced and I accumulated 345 points (note that I missed Mafia event completely, with all the codes etc etc).

What I think would be good for newer players to "catch up" a little is to restore all event codes from the past and make them working permanently. That way they can have 50+ EP straight if they start the game today.

However, one thing is to be considered. Do you want to keep all rewards from event codes, or just the EP reward?

The other thing once can do is to provide a small boost of EP rewards (by 1 milestone) or introduce a new 5 EP milestone (shift milestones by 1 again).
I am a Nerd.  Angel
When we look at f2p EP is basically simular to the incoming "lineage" system. Its an overtime bonus.  Iam for removing EP and translating into a new system. maybe even include it into the lineage system. Maybe even remove the possibility to buy EP or its future equivalent completly. Early "milestones" in the new system should give way more than later milestones. Current problem imo with EP is that new players even if they whale it they still need literally ages to close the ep gap to people who play for a long time and/or have been cashing in every event. If we actually would put in a system with diminishing returns with higher milestones it would  close the possible gap. On the other hand it would reduce the incentive to invest (a contra for rayjay i guess). I dont think its possible though to introduce a system which closes the gap or gives a catchup-mechanic and keeps a certain investment incentive. although currently EP already has diminishing returns and is losing its investment incentive (lots of people still value EP way too high). Simular to mostly every part of the current game this is mostly a scaling issue. In the end it still needs to attract new players, and knowing you theoretically never can catch up is definitly a bummer for new people who are playing games competitively. Those who just look their numbers grow and play for funzies probably cba about it.
TLDR: Fuse EP with lineage. Give a catchup´ish mechanic (reduced high milestone rewards, increased lowmilestone rewards)
I'm for taking out EP purchases all together. A big plus in an idle game is currency that you can only obtain through longevity, not money. The only currency in this game you can't buy is expedition points. Game definitely needs more time based currencies and EP is as good a candidate as any. To balance it for new players in this case, make new players only able to purchase as much EP as has already been available since it came out little by little. Example: If EP has been available for exactly one year, let new players buy X amount of EP per month for a year, then cut the purchases off. From that point on it could be a lineage type system.
support lvl is for casher
lineage system will be for f2p
and ep is mix of both so i dont see point to remove event packs purchase
I don't really have any solution to what you guys are talking about but want to add in my thoughts even though its kinda already been said. I am at 480 days played right now so I have been around for quite a while but i am not a f2p player. I've spent a decent amount of money on the game because I enjoy it. New players shouldn't be coming into an established game thinking they can catch the leaders and they shouldn't be able to without becoming Moby Dick. I am all for helping newer players progress faster and get up to a decent point but EP is not that way to do that. Take a look at the changes that have been made to the game each one of them hurting new players and start there. Most new players got hurt majorly by the pet change because pets were most of the dps at low levels and now they are only a % of your dps. But taking away from the players that have been loyal to you to let new people catch up is not the right way to go.

I have seen people suggest stopping the EP Packs and thats one way to go about it because then the gap can never get wider if you play through all the events. It would be at the cost of money to support the game though but i guess to compensate for that you could add a new tier to the packs inside the events for people who want to spend on the game. I dont think this is a good idea though.
EP for the most part is fine, if it needs a change, that's fine too but the more I look at this, the more I feel like it just be a very "small" boost to them.

What killed their ability to keep up is really the fact that things like kill based rewards being taken away, as that primarily only benefit the higher level players that already have high DPS to work with. When power leveling was around, newer players could catch up simply on that and perhaps willing to spend since the gap won't feel as big to them. No, they shouldn't be able to be boosted to 600 in a single day, but being boosted that way in general will help ensure they don't feel like it'll be years before they catch up, even if the top guys stop playing the game right now.

Sure those that been around always have that advantage. But newer players can't really get EP at all less you some reason make it always available to them only, as they have to wait a full month assuming events come back every month from now. By the time they get this said EP, others would have gotten more as well, it would take a long time to catch up using EP, they need more help than that.

Less you willing to speed up their "time based" features like pets as well, EP will not get them there.