Poll: What do you think of the EP system?
This poll is closed.
I like the EP system as is!
43.33%
13 43.33%
I want the EP system to change!
30.00%
9 30.00%
I don't care either way, I still have fun!
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Event points! (community feedback)
My proposition was to not touch ep ^^
You can give new players something like 100% more xp/gold for first month
Someone already mentioned diminishing returns which is one way to go. The current system already have some of it, since the difference between 400 and 200 EP is bigger then the difference between 800 and 600 EP. One way to increase this effect is to make later tiers of EP levels lower (only 2% damage/tier after 1000 EP or something similar, there is a lot o possibilities to play with these numbers) or to make the early tiers stronger (the stronger the earlier EP tiers are the less impact the later ones have). The biggest problem with this approach is transparency, a new player will probably have no idea about this and still feel hopeless when he should not.

Another approach is catch up EP. You could give more free EP for people with low EP (I really dislike this idea, since people spent money to have more EP and now others get more free EP because they spent less). Or you could allow people with low EP to buy more EP packs (lets say he started 10 events late, then he can buy an extra EP pack for his first 10 events or first 20 events, again lot of possibilities). The advantage of this is that it will be clear for new player that there is some kind of catch up mechanism.

Obviously the last approach is a complete rework, but I do not think it is necessary. But maybe someone comes up with a very good idea, who knows...
I'd like another EP system that works the exact same as the upcoming lineage system. New players can't be balanced with EP against long term players. Just no way to do it. The only thing he could do is bring long term players who don't buy EP a little closer strength wise to routine buyers.
(07-15-2016, 02:42 AM)Listat Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 02:36 AM)erebs Wrote: event packs was long time investment for many players i dont like idea that new players could get same amount ep i have stacked for year
if you want add more ep add it for everyone equally

I think the idea here is, in the future say someone who has never heard of the game starts playing. When this player starts there is a GIANT gap which can never ever be caught up to, the player sees this and quits due to a feeling of helplessness. Is there a way to keep that player feeling they have moved up in the world? Is there perhaps a different TYPE of EP we can offer them with different bonuses? These are all ideas we are looking for.

Nobody thinks like that. Ever.
People go into a F2P game knowing these situations will happen. Majority will ignore top ranks or will see it as a challenge.
People will only feel helpless if they don't progress. There's not even a way to see how much EP everyone has.
I fail to see how this would ever be an issue. Mainly since people would only care if it was a PvP game, which IOURPG isn't.

Though now I understand your concerns more, it wouldn't be a bad idea to introduce an early game unlocked perma-event that gives you a few starting ep, or for example reward ascending with ep as well.
That way you get some EP progress early on. Though this would have to be given to veterans as well.
I don't see a reason why this should be changed. Every game I've played there's always the top ranks that have basically paid to be there. No different than here. The only times I've seen a f2p in the top ranks is due to the fact that he played the game for so long. Paying players will always have an advantage. And in this genre of games everything is also about time. Even if someone right now bought the same amount of diamonds and somehow ep as farflier. It will still take him weeks (if not months) to get to farflier's level. Even if they got to that level they probably wouldn't even be close to the same dps. As thats relies on cards which takes time.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S Hope my message came across. I know English pretty well, but I can't string the proper words sometimes.
event points was always better investment than diamonds purchase so i dont see problem with it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

so people who spend less money on this game from time to time are better off then people who spend 100s of dollars more in a single moment. And you dont see the problem with it?

1 thing that can be done to fix this problem is this:
make a chart of lets say the top 400 people. Look at the amount of diamonds they got/purchased and look at their amount of EP. Then increase the DPS/gold/exp boost from support level to cover the boost of EP by the highest amount someone has. Then remove the EP
for example:
there ar 3 people with Support level 14, these are people with 400EP, 500EP and 660EP. Highest is 660EP, this is a boost of 81%, so everyone of this support gets a boost of 81%.
Ofcoarse there has to be a normal increasing curve for support level so the next support level isnt giving you less.
event packs are better deals so its obvious that if you spend from time to time on it you get better things than one time purchase of diamonds
support lvl 10-14 dmg difference is 10% and xp 20% with event points milestone you get 3% dmg 1% xp every 50 ep so you can easy outnumber support lvl bonus with less money but it takes time

also you forgot one thing you can get half amount of ep for free so dont compare it support lvl to event packs
my simple suggestion will not make anyone weaker. only people who spend more money will get more which seems fair, doesnt it?
listat wanted idea to make new players stronger not to boost cashers even more XD