Poll: What should Ray do with the scrolling banners?
Keep them the way they are
Modify them (either like this post suggests, or some other way)
Get rid of them entirely
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Scrolling Banner Replacement
So we've all had the issue at one time or another where we get way too many scrolling banners because we're clicking too fast and it makes the game come screeching to a halt, right? They pop up for basically everything and, on top of the lag, they present a visibility issue during various activities (it's a godsend we can click through them these days at least).

I think I understand why Ray doesn't want to get rid of them, even if the community demands it, so I propose a slight replacement. It can be the same banner, but instead of scrolling from bottom to top, it fades in and out somewhere near the bottom of the screen. If this were the system employed, the same banner could even be re-used if a button is clicked again before it fades out - it just needs to cancel the fade out and fade in like it would if it weren't visible at all. Something like this would retain the visibility of the banners (especially if the fade in came with a certain "pop" to it so that it was easily noticeable every time it was clicked, even in rapid succession), while eliminating the lag and visibility issues caused by tens or hundreds of slowly scrolling banners that block our glorious portals into this strange universe of idling.
I think the best would be to make a setting where you can turn them off. The second best is to get rid of them (most of those are saying: you bought an orb, well yes, I know). But even this change would be a huge improvement, it would be less annoying. But seriously, the ones that has no useful information just should be removed.
Well it would be nice to have the option to turn off the scrolling or even completely off.
Ray could make it a time release thing so instead of scrolling form bottom to top they popup in one spot and 3-5 seconds later disappear, while keeping them the way they are now (the look and the ability to click through them).
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
poll is missing option i dont care either Sad
(07-16-2016, 04:23 PM)Mythic Wrote: Well it would be nice to have the option to turn off the scrolling or even completely off.
Ray could make it a time release thing so instead of scrolling form bottom to top they popup in one spot and 3-5 seconds later disappear, while keeping them the way they are now (the look and the ability to click through them).

Basically what I was thinking just instead of instantiating 50 of these bad boys, you could just refresh the time on the time release every time a new one was supposed to appear. It's not just the obtrusiveness that bothers me, it's the horrendous lag that I end up suffering from as well.
[Image: IOU.png]

isn't this a insult to intelligence? i have a asus ROG w i7, and it starts to heat a lot when there are many layers of this stupid message.

pls just make a small notification or completely remove it

[Image: iou2.png]
The GUI update will get rid of them, not sure when it will come out.