Poll: The reset cost for the pet map should be removed
Agree, remove the cost
Disagree, keep the cost
Unsure / Don't care
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pet Upgrade Reset Cost
Listat's proposal sounds like a good idea, maybe not with these numbers, but I like the concept.
I like Listat's proposal as is. I don't think 8 hours is as bad as some of you are saying. Most features in this game are easily reset. Why should pet upgrades be the only really hard one? Compared to most other features, it doesn't even provide that big of an increase.
its not going to be the only one, ascension points is no longer going to be free and same with trophies in the long run once the systems for those have been expanded more
I don't think reset of those will cost anything. Especially not this ridiculous amount. These earnable resets make sense but 5$ each reset is just ridiculous.
Right now, for most players, progression in challenges requires resets in ascension points and/or talent points. If these suddenly start costing anything, progression in challenges (which is already a big issue for a lot of players with its scaling and weird distribution) would be much worse. So if they really are considering adding a cost to these, they will be making the game worse, in several ways, for a lot of players. If that is something they're considering, it's something I strongly disagree with. Regardless, it is not a justification for the pet upgrade map being difficult to reset.

That said, as I've said before, there is not really a good reason to make pet upgrades hard to do. Some of you say it would be "abused" -- I consider that assertion ridiculous. To say it's abusable is to imply it has a huge impact on game balance. It does not. Most other systems in this game that provide bonuses to xp/min or dps have a much greater impact on these than the pet upgrade map does. Are you saying it needs to be limited to avoid people progressing too far in pet arena? If so, that would be ironic, considering many people already complain that scaling in this game is too harsh, while you're advocating keeping one of those systems scaled harshly.
It wouldn't be as much of a problem if 4 or 5 pet reset codes were made permanent. So new players that start at an unfortunate time don't have to wait months to get the chance to have a go at pet arena.