Poll: The reset cost for the pet map should be removed
Agree, remove the cost
Disagree, keep the cost
Unsure / Don't care
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pet Upgrade Reset Cost
I do not like that it costs 400 diamonds to reset skills on the pet upgrade map. The map is way too complicated (and not clear enough) to not allow experimentation. Please remove the reset cost.
I think during the first week it should be for free and only than it should be for diamonds. In my opinion the fair price is 100 diamonds. And i havee a question: if i refund upgrade mup will i get my P points back?
400 is absolutely insane. It's so incredibly prohibitive that players will never experiment with different builds, paths, or stats - they will wait for 1 person to post a build that works well enough and will all copy that. I know you are pushing this game to be Whale Online Universe but you have to occasionally pretend that the game is slightly balanced for players who will only throw in $40 total. $5 just to respec isn't just a poor choice - it's offensive. Can we also get a $5 cost every time we respec Ascension bonuses, Ability upgrades, and Trophy bonuses just to be consistent?
(06-24-2016, 07:01 AM)Kel Wrote: 400 is absolutely insane. It's so incredibly prohibitive that players will never experiment with different builds, paths, or stats - they will wait for 1 person to post a build that works well enough and will all copy that. I know you are pushing this game to be Whale Online Universe but you have to occasionally pretend that the game is slightly balanced for players who will only throw in $40 total. $5 just to respec isn't just a poor choice - it's offensive. Can we also get a $5 cost every time we respec Ascension bonuses, Ability upgrades, and Trophy bonuses just to be consistent?

If you think 400 is bad, it was originally planned for the reset to cost 5000 diamonds lol
IGN: lp9
Level: 444
IOU: 60690
Idle dps: 315m

15/7/16
I agree that it should only be free the first week so we can figure out what's best and then after that it should cost.

400 Diamonds is a bit much considering we already have double cards and fishing upgrades to buy with Diamonds. However, I wouldn't make the price lower than 100 Diamonds, it should be significant enough so that you can't abuse the reset.
Ray will give a bunch of codes that reset the upgrade map (during the first week).

Hopefully that will be enough for players to understand it and create guides/sheets to help newer players that won't have those free resets.

Quote:Ray

Make a mistake in the upgrade map? Screw up again? A 3rd time?

You have 3 free resets here. NOTE - Claiming this code INSTANTLY resets your upgrade map distribution. It does not get stored for later use.

upgrade-map-reset-1
upgrade-map-reset-2
upgrade-map-reset-3
I really don't see resets being abusable.

Compared to say Trophy or Ascension point upgrades, where switching them around is very easy (and therefore worth doing if you want to min-max certain activities), the pet map is complicated and confusing. Unlocking is not an easy task. Upgrading individual orbs is not an easy task. It would probably take a few minutes per reset (for any player with a decent amount of unlocks and PP) to min-max for Arena and/or farming.

It's very unlikely that most/many people will bother to reset it regularly. The most likely reason anyone would reset it is if they messed up. And I strongly disagree with forcing people to pay real money in order to correct a mistake. Real money purchases should be used for fun, cosmetic, upgrade or QoL things. It should only be used to discourage something if there's legitimate reason to want to discourage that thing (like name changes -- there's really no reason to need to do that regularly).

With a system as complicated as the pet map is, resets are going to be almost a necessity for a lot of players. Not letting them do so freely is unreasonable in my opinion.
(06-24-2016, 12:19 PM)Hipoo Wrote: Ray will give a bunch of codes that reset the upgrade map (during the first week).

Hopefully that will be enough for players to understand it and create guides/sheets to help newer players that won't have those free resets.

Quote:Ray

Make a mistake in the upgrade map? Screw up again? A 3rd time?

You have 3 free resets here. NOTE - Claiming this code INSTANTLY resets your upgrade map distribution. It does not get stored for later use.

upgrade-map-reset-1
upgrade-map-reset-2
upgrade-map-reset-3

This is a bandaid for a gaping wound that shouldn't even exist. Other than as an obvious money grab (I don't blame them for wanting to make money, but there are already a lot of places worth spending money on -- places where spending money actually benefits the player, unlike this), there's no good reason to make resets cost Diamonds.
I not seeing how this is a band aid? If you can't figure out what you want in 3 resets which seems to be what you really discussing here then what you really asking for is a way to abuse the system.

If reset is free, there won't be any experimentation, ppl will wait for their AP to be built back up, reset for a arena build, then reset after arena to a idle build for maximum xp/gold rates. People had already use the reset codes for arena just so they can get as far as they can now, then back to a perfect idle build, probably only gonna reset again if they expect another 2 freebie reset.

I honestly feel he was a bit generous when he gave out these 3 codes, he did not have to give out any at all and giving out more than one is surprising.

You might as well be asking him to make two maps, both using its own PP (arena map and non arena map), that would solve the whole conflict much more easier but that is a lot of trouble.
Considering a lot of people won't know about the reset codes, several will probably use them wrong (like using it when they didn't actually need to reset), and that the "best" build is likely to change with player/pet level and or balance changes to the system, those reset codes are a bandaid.

And as I have already said: This is only one of two ways to spend diamonds in the game (that I am aware of) that are not a direct benefit to the player. The other is changing one's name. This reset cost is a penalty. It has no other purpose than that. And it's designed specifically to penalize players for their mistakes. I disagree with any design decision that semi-permanently penalizes players for their mistakes, and I disagree with any design decision that uses real-life purchases as a penalty rather than as a reward.

If they want to prevent players from resetting twice a day (which is a pain in the ass to do considering how the system is currently designed), there are a lot of ways to do it that don't require RL purchases.

Far better options would be:
1) Give one free reset once a week. After that's used, additional resets within that time frame will cost gold/AP/diamonds, etc. (In this case, I wouldn't care if they made resets cost diamonds because the option exists to do it for free without limited uses and/or a confusing system).
2) Have resets cost an amount of gold that exponentially increases (1000 > 100m > 1t perhaps), the cost of which resets once per week.