Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hotkey for closing popups
I read through Analogs list, and was surprised to not see something about a faster way to close pop-ups.

This game loves it's pop-ups, and so was wondering why space or enter can't dismiss them. Is this supposed to be a protection from something?  

I'd like to point out that not having this feature actually encourages scripting.  If you disagree then explain why chopping and mining have the hotkey.  Without the hotkey, auto-clickers/scripting would be wanted.
This game screams "Look at what I can do" like Stewart from MadTV.

Harsh because I care.
Chopping and Mining have a hotkey because it was extremely tedious to have to click 80+ times for each every few hours. If you add in a hotkey to dismiss pop up windows, it will only encourage scripting/autoing because it would make it that much easier to bypass.
If the close or exit button moved around, then a hotkey would ease scripting. Otherwise it's the same difficulty.  Not having the hotkey does reduce QoL for people that don't cheat.

Low QoL makes people want to cheat.

If mining/chopping wasn't hotkeyed people would be inclined to use, if not a script, then an autoclicker.  Auto fishing for everyone removed the want to set up a script for the average scripter.  Both QoL upgrades.

Adding it all up, still see this as more of a benefit.  Would really appreciate being shown how I'm wrong here.

If Analog's list showed the suggestion up there all struck out like this then I wouldn't even have mentioned this.  Smile
This game screams "Look at what I can do" like Stewart from MadTV.

Harsh because I care.