Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Challenges
Whatever happened to the monthly released challenges?

It was posted before that we'll get a new challenge monthly - which, is not considered a content patch, stated by Ray.
Don't understand what's so hard about this O.O
It literally takes like 20 minutes to implement.

I didn't see any comments on this from Ray to changing it from one per month, to now none for two months.
Is there a post(anywhere) addressing this?
Each new challenge is almost a guaranteed advancement to the next CP bonus with steady progression through infinite series between. So two-three months without is a potential 150-200 cp we don't have. Sad face.
Well, that was before the new challenges system. Ray didn't say he would stop releasing monthly challenges, but those were being released because players had no more challenges to do. Now we have and the next challenges expansion will probably be Platinum 1-5 and Ragestone 1-5.
Platinum and ragestone 1-5 will be unbeatable by at least 80% of the entire playerbase, if not more. Monthly challenges were balanced to be beatable my most everyone with a little help.
A new challenge actually wouldn't be a huge CP boost at this point. Rednex V is unbeatable for most of the players, the next one would be even harder so probably IV would be unbeatable.

As a side note I expect at some point this will change though, probably after the next game mode is released (for instance inferno is a game mode). Ray has talked about having something past inferno and I've never heard him say those plans got scratched, but I don't expect it until at least 6 months if not a year. I'd expect when that comes out players that are a high enough level to be in that game mode will be much more powerful and will be able to beat new challenges.

Getting back to the topic if you think about the timing on when new challenges stopped it was right after the new challenge system. After that was released I think we have also only had 1 event. And then we have had fishing, and now pet rehaul is up next. Ray has said next event is probably coming at the end of the month. So either A new challenges aren't coming out, or B new challenges have been delayed along with events due to all the major content releases.

I suspect it's a combination of A and B. New challenges have been delayed and will be released less often now. Which is fine because of the new challenge system. Part of what leads me to believe this is because at seem to remember Ray putting out pictures of the next challenge assets with it being about ninjas. For now since I certainly can't beat Rednex Silver I'm not that worried about it.
(06-05-2016, 12:37 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: A new challenge actually wouldn't be a huge CP boost at this point. Rednex V is unbeatable for most of the players, the next one would be even harder so probably IV would be unbeatable.

As a side note I expect at some point this will change though, probably after the next game mode is released (for instance inferno is a game mode). Ray has talked about having something past inferno and I've never heard him say those plans got scratched, but I don't expect it until at least 6 months if not a year. I'd expect when that comes out players that are a high enough level to be in that game mode will be much more powerful and will be able to beat new challenges.

Getting back to the topic if you think about the timing on when new challenges stopped it was right after the new challenge system. After that was released I think we have also only had 1 event. And then we have had fishing, and now pet rehaul is up next. Ray has said next event is probably coming at the end of the month. So either A new challenges aren't coming out, or B new challenges have been delayed along with events due to all the major content releases.

I suspect it's a combination of A and B. New challenges have been delayed and will be released less often now. Which is fine because of the new challenge system. Part of what leads me to believe this is because at seem to remember Ray putting out pictures of the next challenge assets with it being about ninjas. For now since I certainly can't beat Rednex Silver I'm not that worried about it.

It's not about the CP, it's about the principle, if you're going to promise something, and want to change it, at least notify the community of the changes.
If there's new challenges, it would be a pretty big CP boost for me, atleast. It'd help me hit 2800 CP.