Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestion for the New System Early game.
Question 
lets take a lvl 1 new player with a DPS of 10 and he parties with a lvl 2 player with a DPS of 100, with the new system this is my understanding of the way it works now:
lvl 1:
DPS 10 , max % party damage gain boost 60% = 6 DPS , party member's 10% of their DPS = 10 DPS, but the lvl 1 player only gets 6 DPS added their overall gains.
lvl 2
DPS 100 ,  max % party damage gain boost 60% = 60 DPS , party member's 10% of their DPS = 1 DPS, that is 1% of the lvl 2 player's DPS. and this player may just leave the party [Image: sad.png]

This well make it very hard on new players seeing a player that is just 1-2 levels above/below can have a big difference in DPS, and any new player that just joins the game without knowing the system, trying to find a party but keeps getting kicked for a reason they don't even know about well hurt the overall growth of this game.

The new system doesn't work to well for new players that are in the lvl range 1-200, Ray knows this and hopefully he well have a fix for it soon.
I could even see this being more like the old system for newer players where that lvl 1 and 2 player party would of had a total of 110 DPS making both their early game lives easier.

Could make AT0 players that are within 500% of each others DPS get 100% full DPS of their party members, any within 1000% of their DPS gets 50% and anyone above 1000% the system just works the way it is now 5% of Party members DPS. this should help with those earlier lvls.
AT1 Players within 250% get 100% of party members DPS, and 500% get 50%, anything above that the system gives 5%.
AT2 Players 100% = 100%, and 250% = 50%, above = 5%
AT3(inferno tier) Players before lvl 200(inferno lvls), 50% = 100%, 100% = 50%, above = 5%

This should help with those early lvl and promote some DPS varied parties with out them having players worry about if they are in the best group, by the time a (common)new player gets around to understanding the way this game works they may be lvl 100 and in AT2, and for the new players that love to read (uncommon) everything before they start a game or even within the first lvls of the game they well understand how to make there parties better faster.

so if we take the lvl 1 and 2 party i made up and apply my suggestion:
lvl 1:
  DPS 10 , max % party damage gain boost 60% = 6 DPS , party member's 10% of their DPS = 10 DPS, but the lvl 1 player only gets 6 DPS. now party members dps is within 1000% = 50% so 50 DPS is added to lvl 1 player overall gains. (being carried)
lvl 2
  DPS 100 ,  max % party damage gain boost 60% = 60 DPS , party member's 10% of their DPS = 1 DPS, that is 1% of the lvl 2 player's DPS. party members dps is within 1000% = 50% so 5 DPS is added to lvl 2 player overall gains. still much better then before, and should keep them lvling together a little longer then the new current gains system.

I just posted this in Offline Gains. so I thought I should just make it's own thread.

Edit: Jays a guild mate, has also said removing it for AT0 and then making the restriction closer with each ascension afterwards, to the point in AT3(inferno tier) they are on or close to the new system set up.

Patch Edit: changed math.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos