Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should blackhole event be brought back yearly
(05-10-2016, 01:08 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: I spent on BH event. And no it wasn't as huge a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. Roughly it doubled the diamonds you got from spending, that's it.

Personally I'm probably in the minority, I think it should be brought back. But with a few restrictions and a few understandings.

1. It should only happen 1 time a year.
2. People that spent last black hole, or in previous ones, should start at the same point they were. Basically this would mean you would have to spend more to advance further. Although the rewards were roughly the same for each level of it the amount you had to spend between levels increased, and from what I remember didn't the rewards go down slightly compared to what was spent?
3. It should be understood that this game isn't a non-profit charity, it's a business. Money spent on the game supports Ray and the game and allows him to expand the game further. I want to see Ray be successful, he puts a lot into this game and I believe he deserves to get a lot out of it. If all the whiners can't put up with a single less than a week long event once a year in order to expand the game then they should make their own mmo game and let people play it totally for free (which will never happen because it's expensive and a lot of work).
4. It should also be understood that BH event needs to be announced at least a few weeks in advance. And also the main reason to do it once a year, besides to funding the game of course, is so that new players aren't left out.

If that doesn't work I at least hope to see some sort of Black Friday event coming up, even if it ends up being limited to only like $100 or something.

PS the event packs (not the event point packs) suck, they aren't nearly as good as just buying a 2000 kred pack from the game normally. The event point packs are awesome but I wish they were a little bit cheaper, $50 a month is kind of expensive.

One thing - BH diamond gains was roughly exponentially greater per money spent. So people that hit like level 40+ (people who spent thousands during this) were getting sooooooo many diamonds for their dollars that it was ridiculous. Made spending before and after practically pointless (except for those event packs) vs when that event was running.

So the problem with that is...f2p are left out. They got generous rewards, but the reward were a small percentage of what the p2w got. Yes, p2w support the game with MONEY. F2p support the game by just playing it and (like me) participating in the community.

Don't hope for another BH event. There's never gonna be one most likely. It was a horrible event that gave just a small amount of money spent a giant advantage. You may think "business", but it's especially bad for the f2p player base (which is a lot more than the small percentage of hardcore p2w).
You can usually find me here!
(05-10-2016, 04:14 PM)Aar118 Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 01:08 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: I spent on BH event. And no it wasn't as huge a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. Roughly it doubled the diamonds you got from spending, that's it.

Personally I'm probably in the minority, I think it should be brought back. But with a few restrictions and a few understandings.

1. It should only happen 1 time a year.
2. People that spent last black hole, or in previous ones, should start at the same point they were. Basically this would mean you would have to spend more to advance further. Although the rewards were roughly the same for each level of it the amount you had to spend between levels increased, and from what I remember didn't the rewards go down slightly compared to what was spent?
3. It should be understood that this game isn't a non-profit charity, it's a business. Money spent on the game supports Ray and the game and allows him to expand the game further. I want to see Ray be successful, he puts a lot into this game and I believe he deserves to get a lot out of it. If all the whiners can't put up with a single less than a week long event once a year in order to expand the game then they should make their own mmo game and let people play it totally for free (which will never happen because it's expensive and a lot of work).
4. It should also be understood that BH event needs to be announced at least a few weeks in advance. And also the main reason to do it once a year, besides to funding the game of course, is so that new players aren't left out.

If that doesn't work I at least hope to see some sort of Black Friday event coming up, even if it ends up being limited to only like $100 or something.

PS the event packs (not the event point packs) suck, they aren't nearly as good as just buying a 2000 kred pack from the game normally. The event point packs are awesome but I wish they were a little bit cheaper, $50 a month is kind of expensive.

One thing - BH diamond gains was roughly exponentially greater per money spent. So people that hit like level 40+ (people who spent thousands during this) were getting sooooooo many diamonds for their dollars that it was ridiculous. Made spending before and after practically pointless (except for those event packs) vs when that event was running.

So the problem with that is...f2p are left out. They got generous rewards, but the reward were a small percentage of what the p2w got. Yes, p2w support the game with MONEY. F2p support the game by just playing it and (like me) participating in the community.

Don't hope for another BH event. There's never gonna be one most likely. It was a horrible event that gave just a small amount of money spent a giant advantage. You may think "business", but it's especially bad for the f2p player base (which is a lot more than the small percentage of hardcore p2w).

I wouldnt call it a small amount of money; you had to drop pretty big loads of cash in a very short period to get those exponential leaps..
---Retired---
BHF is one of the worst thing to have happened to the game. Should there be another? Depends if Ray wants to make this game fully P2W or not.
(05-13-2016, 10:11 AM)Khanate Wrote: BHF is one of the worst thing to have happened to the game. Should there be another? Depends if Ray wants to make this game fully P2W or not.

It is already full pay to win, especially after this last update. Im support 13 (almost 14) and been carrying people with support 7 and 8 with a DPS around 300 - 500M lower. They were catching up to the others but slowly. Now with this new system im levelling a lot faster and they are dropping back a lot. The only thing they can do is wait for another BHF and throw a lot of money at it, or just give up, because they ll never catch up. I personally advice everyone who isnt willing to pay for at least support 10 to just move along to another game.
(05-13-2016, 04:52 PM)DarkSoul55 Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 10:11 AM)Khanate Wrote: BHF is one of the worst thing to have happened to the game. Should there be another? Depends if Ray wants to make this game fully P2W or not.

It is already full pay to win, especially after this last update. Im support 13 (almost 14) and been carrying people with support 7 and 8 with a DPS around 300 - 500M lower. They were catching up to the others but slowly. Now with this new system im levelling a lot faster and they are dropping back a lot. The only thing they can do is wait for another BHF and throw a lot of money at it, or just give up, because they ll never catch up. I personally advice everyone who isnt willing to pay for at least support 10 to just move along to another game.

First post I've ever seen by you that wasn't downright ludicrous..
Well said, sir. Well said.
---Retired---
The BH event was a tragedy, but with this new complete bullshit exp system. Who knows. Progression compared to others is now almost solely based on support level, not time played.
(05-13-2016, 11:02 PM)Srw Wrote: The BH event was a tragedy, but with this new complete bullshit exp system. Who knows. Progression compared to others is now almost solely based on support level, not time played.

It's always been a mixture of both; and still is. progression = support x time.

Thats why top guilds only recruit upper supports; because lowers wouldn't progress fast enough to keep up with parties. It's not just cuz we're snobs.
---Retired---
It's more than just the support level. The event points are an even bigger factor. If you have a high support level you probably also have a high number of event points. And if you have a high number of event points you have probably played the game a long time, meaning higher orbs, guild bonuses, and have maxed out your account upgrades.

My brother plays this f2p, we have been playing around the same amount of time and I'm level 470, he's 463. In the grand scheme of things that is actually a very little difference. The reason is because he has played long enough he has support level 7, maxed out account upgrade exp, almost the same guild upgrade levels, and over half my event points. He will probably get a little bit more behind as things go on with the new system, but I can't imagine he will ever fall more than 5% behind my level.

Everyone seems to think this game is all p2w, but compared to almost every other game with paying players it's probably the least p2w I've seen. Certainly paying players will always have an advantage, but it's never so much that it's impossible for a f2p player to catch up if the p2w player stops for even a few weeks.
(05-09-2016, 09:57 PM)Ragekai Wrote: The guy with the 20k sounds whiny and HIGHLY exaggerate.
He'd be much higher support if he dropped half that.

I actually think this may have been Listat when she was asking for things to spend her recent paycheck on and I suggested IOU.

A lot of good points were made here in favour of adding another BH event to make it fair for the other paying players of the IOU community but in all honesty, I think all this would do is discourage players from spending any money on the game expect in that one small timeframe each year on the BH event. Aar also makes a very valid point in that this event just greatened the gap between the paying and f2p players. It would be too controversial in my personal opinion to bring it back at this stage. People are angry enough about the new xp system.
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001