Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interface stuff I find annoying
I just noticed the animations all play even though that window is not the focus and is behind others. Could reduce CPU load by cutting out more of the animations if the window does not have focus. Maybe instead just have the clock run and the health bar go.

Or add a button for super cpu / ram saving mode where it disables all animations except health bars and clocks / timers. I know you guys have a ton of work with the overhaul bu wanted to toss this out since it may be easy to implement. In fact you could turn the whole thing into a blank screen and bundle all the connection requests for gold xp and  hits into one update every 5 to 15 seconds. This would reduce network and server load by quite a bit. once someone brings back the window they would need to wait till the next 15 second upload happened then they would get their interface back and data would flow as it does now.

in this tickets screen, and other boxes, hitting tab from the title bar, or anything else, does not bring you into this text box area, or the next logical button. I figure since you are planning an UI overhaul making it easier on players who want quick keyboard keys like me would be awesome. It is especially useful when running this game on a remote system through the internet especially with a touchpad. Basically full keyboard support to play the game without a mouse.
oh you want something like the damage not showing up after x time not clicking in game (or when you click out of game). but this well stop the animations too, sounds good.

and your other suggestion, tab does work on everything it goes through the background stuff first even when you have upgrades, character, ticket, or ext... page up.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(05-05-2016, 04:43 PM)Mythic Wrote: oh you want something like the damage not showing up after x time not clicking in game (or when you click out of game). but this well stop the animations too, sounds good.

and your other suggestion, tab does work on everything it goes through the background stuff first even when you have upgrades, character, ticket, or ext... page up.

exactly. this would mean there is only 4 server calls a minute if the game is not in focus and it will not let you cheat since you cannot click anything until the last transfer is finished. It should have a timer that can be set in the settings this is so you can watch it in the background if you are doing something while waiting for a challenge to happen.

And exactly but tab does skip a couple of items I have noticed and being in the background does very little for the window you are currently on and tabbing 20 times just to get to the OK button is a little inconvenient.
After a certain amount of time some of the animations do stop. For instance damage numbers no longer show up. I don't think this is possible right now because the game is setup to run each attack. But since Ray is working on the offline gain issues (which will also become online gains) I'd bet this would be much easier once that is implemented. You can read up more in the dev blog and such on how it will work. From what I can tell basically gains will be based on an equation rather than real time attacks. In theory I would think there will be less work for the server.
(05-06-2016, 08:19 AM)Aaron Storm Wrote: After a certain amount of time some of the animations do stop. For instance damage numbers no longer show up. I don't think this is possible right now because the game is setup to run each attack. But since Ray is working on the offline gain issues (which will also become online gains) I'd bet this would be much easier once that is implemented. You can read up more in the dev blog and such on how it will work. From what I can tell basically gains will be based on an equation rather than real time attacks. In theory I would think there will be less work for the server.

exactly but I am not sure how hard it would be to ad in limiting even more animations infarct wiping out the entire interface and switching to a different attack style much like the gains per second meter. but instead of being full offline it simply does not have focus.