Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Nerf duo and group
In a way I agree, I'm getting really tired of starting a challenge and then having someone join it that either A can't pull near their weight, or B doesn't think they can and leaves.

I just had a duo challenge where we were going to beat it by like 10-20b damage, and the other person left halfway through. Guess they didn't realize I was setup for triple abilities.

The biggest issue with groups at least isn't even the difficulty jump, it's that as long as it takes to fill a group chances are 1-2 people aren't there when it finally fills. Sometimes I'm even one of them. This morning I joined a were group and left to get ready and eat breakfast, 20 minutes later it was at 5/6. And then we lost it by 5% because 2 of the other players weren't there.

The problem then is that part of what I like about challenges is being able to carry other players, and the fact that players need to work together on them. It's the main thing that makes this a multiplayer game and the one thing I spend the most time communicating with other players to do. Maybe just decrease it to 4x and 12x?
(04-16-2016, 11:20 PM)Mythic Wrote: I was thinking about the same thing. Right now duo last boss hp is about 5 times that of solo on the same tier, and Group is about 15 times that of solo.
Making duo 3** times and group 12** times more hp then solo of that tier still means you have to get stronger, but at lest you wont have to more then double your Challenge Damage, just to do duo with someone that has the same Challenge Damage as your self.

I would go even further. 
Right now: Solo = 1x per player, Duo = 2.5 x per player, Group = 2.5 x per player
I would go with: Solo = 1x per player, Duo = 1.25 x per player, Group = 1.5 x per player

So duo is 2.5x the HP of solo and group 9x.

The whole point is to make challenge dependent of your own DPS, not of other's DPS.
Why not nerf it back to pre 0.73... it would be better with pre 0.73
(04-18-2016, 02:14 PM)FruityPanda Wrote: Why not nerf it back to pre 0.73... it would be better with pre 0.73

Because there's far more challenges to do, and Ray wouldn't want Farflier finishing ALL of them as soon as it's released... I don't need another 2000 diamonds and 300 CP just so Ray can add Platinum/Ragestone.
Don't forget that there are 10-15 more difficulty levels not yet released and the current formula for HP will need to be changed anyway. A group of the strongest people together couldn't break 20 or 30T. When challenges reach beyond that in gold, then platinum/ragestone challenges are unbeatable regardless of how much time goes on. People say "Wait for new features to be released that will help with damage". I'm unsure, but I'm fairly confident that fishing won't instantly add tens of trillions of challenge damage to everyone. The current HP system does not work and needs to be adjusted, drastically. Progression is always better than not, so lower the HP amounts in duo/group as opposed to raising solo difficulty. Raising solo difficulty will just halt progression and alienate more of the playerbase. Players should experience a gradual stopping point, not the current brick wall system.

My favor goes towards duo being 2.5x and group being 7x damage of solo.
What if Ray and other dev added platinum and ragestone from I to V and enemies here would be way too strong, possibly with septillion, octillion or more hp, taking an eternity to defeat... At least we would wait for slow updates that would increase DPS...
You would be surprised at how fast dps goes up in later levels. I updated my damage after gaining just one level and it increased my challenge damage by over 4 billion damage.

Plus as more challenges are completed the CP reward and infinite series bonus also increase. It all adds up fast. I would not be surprised if everyone in the top 200 was hitting over a trillion challenge damage in 2-4 months without anything changing.

As you play all the bonuses increase and many multiply with each other. Orbs, CP, infinite series, EP, support level, BD upgrades, etc.
I don't think so Aaron. And I don't gain that much from one level that's for sure, even if you meant 4 million damage.