Poll: Is this a good idea?
I think he might be on to something...
This is hogwash. Madness. Keep us tiered and hopping!
I just don't like Rage.
I don't like Rage; but still...he might be on to something..
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Guild-Stay Incentive
Yes... a multiplicative bonus will team up with party ascension and soul orb bonuses.
I don't like the idea of trying to force players to stay in your guild. If it's better for them to join a different guild then they shouldn't be penalized for leaving, which is basically what this amounts to. And what happens if a guild leader kicks players from a guild? It would make all those complaints even worse.

There is a reason why most games don't try stuff like this. It sounds good in theory, but it's different when you dive into the effects and how it makes players feel when they have to deal with it.

I only really see two options for guilds. One option is to increase interaction between members in the guild, for instance you could give everyone an exp and gold boost for partying with guild members. This way guilds become more than just what building bonuses they give. The other option is to make guilds insignificant for overall game play, basically by reducing the effects that buildings have on guilds so that it makes very little difference which guild you are in.
This has been suggested before and its still horrible. You dont need ingame mechanics for people to stay in a guild and if you do you are guilding wrong.
This would basicly make it harder for people to move guild once they have outgrown it which is a sure way to get people to grow bored with a game.
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
you should get a guild rank bonus. This would be an incentive to start with a low level guild. As the guild gains rank the player gains some bonus. You can still instahop to a teir 1 guild but if it goes down in rank you will get negative bonus and it is unlikely it will go up in rank in any significant way. So short term gains vs long term. If you leave a guild this bonus drops to 0.

You could also do this by saying each new level that all the buildings gain so all buildings reach lv2 the members get a bonus. lets say you joined a guild that was lv 15 for the lowest building. You would need to wait till all the buildings were lv 16 just to gain a single point or bonus or whatever. If the devs release a new building then it starts at 0 but nobodies gained ranks will reset once that building is caught up then bonuses will keep coming in.
There is really no need for this. It would take a lot of work. Plus I feel like it would have a negative impact no matter what you do with it. It encourages people to stay in guilds that aren't good cause they will lose their bonus, it will widen the distance between the top players and new players since top players don't need to jump guilds, and it will cause issues when players are kicked from their guild (do they lose or keep their bonus?).

Overall it's a ton of work and creates more problems than it solves.

The only real solutions I can think of are either to A increase the guild member cap, or B decrease the cost of building upgrades. Both will result in more players being in guilds with good buildings and new guilds getting their buildings up faster. But at the same time would make stone less useful.