Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Offline Gains
Somehow I missed this post originally, hopefully everything isn't already set in stone lol.

I have to agree that offline dps would have to stay at 100%, otherwise it screws up players that are in parties of mixed online and offline players. Exp/gold gain should then be a percentage. And I think card gain should also be the same percentage, it should be a fairly easy equation for how many cards players get on average and then just multiply that by the percentage.

If we want to get really detailed in how this should work for a business I'd also suggest that support level influences how long it takes before your exp/gold gain reduces. For instance say it starts at 95% and then decreases 5% every time an equal number of hours passes as you have support level. So a support level 4 player would get 75% gains after 16 hours, but a support level 8 player would be getting 85%. Still reasonable enough that nobody should complain, just one more small advantage of playing the game longer and supporting the game. Plus since free players can easily hit support level 6+ it won't be a large advantage and anyone can just stay online and get better gains.
I'm pretty sure its set in stone. At least for now. It's going to come this Sunday or Monday.
I really hope Ray will reconsider when he sees the community reaction. This will take away much more from the game than it will give.
(05-10-2016, 12:18 AM)PeuDoki Wrote: I really hope Ray will reconsider when he sees the community reaction. This will take away much more from the game than it will give.

As of most changes IOU, he is open to community feedback. After the release if it is still an issue, I'm sure he will tweak it towards the majority, if there are indeed concerns.
Yes, I also trust Ray. It is just that this change is so out of nowhere and it removes half the fun from the game. I hope he will listen to us.
If its offline gains, then make them OFFLINE, dont change online gameplay.
Simple logic: person goes offline - calculate this 'average dps', when he goes back on - calclate time he was missing, calculate gold/exp based on dps from previous step (as i understand new system should be able to do that) and give him this amount.
So, are our XP boosts actually working? I just purchased a 1% upgrade and it did absolutely nothing to my XP rate.
The rates can fail to update immediately after upgrades. We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it for the next patch.
Ok well...upping my xp upgrade not only didn't change the displayed XP gain, it didn't change the actual one either. But maybe the current maintenance will fix that.
Not sure why you took away most of the party aspect and made it so everyone is essentially playing and leveling alone? was this to appease a few of the top paying players who's party mates had lower dps than them?