Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Service transfer question
Ray Wrote:Hey Folks,

We have a major new build up that should rectify all the major issues. bubble errors, challenge progression, freezing, etc.

We'll be doing one more final test transfer soon and then we'll be going official. Definitely seeming like 3-4 days for official transfer now.

will the official transfer be automatic, or do we, as players/users need to anything?
Ray has said he would have to take down the current server for a half day while the accounts transfer, and I do believe once that is the end, just go to the new server and type in your normal details to come into the new server! (Someone please correct me if I am wrong)
IGN: Clock (Level 30, 150 DPS)
Quote:Will the game go down?
We have investigated several methods to attempt to keep this as minimal as possible, however Yahoo refuses to give me account authentication on my own iourpg.com users, meaning I have to come up with some ridiculous method to transfer those accounts over. Unfortunately this may mean a half day of the game being put offline for the transfer to occur. We'll experiment with other solutions to try to keep it as passive and minimal as possible though

Quote:Worst case scenarios:

1. You input the correct email when creating your account and you'll need to reset your password after the transfer initially to regain access.
2. You input the incorrect email, and will need to verify your account with authentication in another manner.

I have some plans to piggyback off of yahoo for the iourpg.com user transitioning, however we'll be experimenting at different methods as to whatever seems the quickest/efficient solution. Yahoo made this a really annoying part, but once it's finally done, it's done and I can block the foul word Yahoo from the in-game chat.

This was from a week or two ago though.
I think he said somewhere that Kong and facebook users will be transferred faster?