Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I use cards/Will they help my DPS a lot?
Question 
"DPS just increased hugely, thanks cards!"
"I don't want to be offline without my card gains"

All this stuff... Is it true? Do cards really boost DPS that much that it's worth it? I have some questions to ask.

First of all, cards. Can I do it at my level 81? I've opened the card packs from the support packages before and gotten 5 cards for an enemy, and with my 230 cards total I have +46 base damage. Compared to my 2,600 DPS I don't see how it's helping so far. Should I try and farm cards? And do low levels where I can one hit enemies also drop cards at the same rate as hard enemies, but still give the same Base Damage bonus? Because if so, I'm going to farm loads of cards from enemies I one hit kill.

Second, is this "card DPS bonus" for only people who reached Inferno?

And finally, should I begin farming cards at level 81? Is it really worth it? Would it help me quickly improve my 2,600 DPS? Because right now I feel a bit weak at AT2, and it would really help me if I could and it was possible.

Thanks for putting up with my endless questions!  Big Grin
IGN: Clock (Level 30, 150 DPS)
Cards are not a factor until you get to inferno (lvl 200)... you can get the details on the wiki, but don't even worry about them until then... the drop rate is VERY different.
*I may have added some extra info just incase ;P.

Yes, it's true; cards are approximately 85% of my Base Damage.

When you reach inferno Mode (level 130) the card drop rate goes to 1/500 chance, from there you can start farming cards. At the moment you shouldn't worry about cards, most of the card damage will come from opening card packs as your current drop rate is a little low in order to be efficient.
To see the drop rate: click on the Character tab. It will be near the bottom of the screen.
*Be sure to use packs on Bosses (every 5 stages) and focus one until you reach the most effective milestone, then move to the next.* 100 is the most efficient 1st milestone.
So:
If you have 50 cards on 1 boss and 0 on another boss. Focus the one with 50 cards until you reach the 100 milestone then grab 100 on the next boss, moving on to the next until you achieve 100 on all. Then you can grab 250 on all one by one, then 500, 1000 etc…

Each enemy has the same drop rate, though if you kill them faster of course your overall chances of a drop will increase. Each ascension will increase this drop rate; 1/500 will be the highest. Every enemy drops 1 card until inferno mode, you may see +2 cards dropping but that's because there's a double card bonus from the event.

Once you reach Inferno Mode the amount of cards dropped becomes: 1 + (random number from 0 to Inferno tier).
Inferno tiers replace ascension and you can change it accordingly to increase the enemies level (which increases gold/exp gains).
Ex/ 
If I'm farming Inferno 100 and a card drops, the amount of cards dropped can be from 1 to 101. 
(1 + (0)) or 1 + ((100)) or any number in-between.

Card bonus is simply increased by the Card milestones you achieve. +46 is you're bonus but at Inferno levels you get a 1% increase per-level on your card bonus. So no it's not for people who only reached inferno, it just starts becoming more significant then. 
But don't get confused, there isn't really a "card dps bonus", cards just boost up your Base Damage which will increase your dps.

Guess I kinda answered your final question already (turns out wildfire did too)… But ugh one more time for clarity!? Tongue
It's not worth farming cards until you reach at least level 130, this way you can farm them from the Inferno tiers drop increase. Focusing on them that early will only cripple your EXP gains, which isn't worth it early on as you will be gaining constant card bonuses in the future. 
Even if you farm cards early on it would take forever to notice a difference as you will only gain 1 card per drop. 

PS: Keep the questions coming if you have one! Big Grin 
It may be much better learning from advice instead of regretting the massive mistakes you could make later on.
(02-19-2016, 08:46 AM)vosavo Wrote: *I may have added some extra info just incase ;P.

Yes, it's true; cards are approximately 85% of my Base Damage.

When you reach inferno Mode (level 130) the card drop rate goes to 1/500 chance, from there you can start farming cards. At the moment you shouldn't worry about cards, most of the card damage will come from opening card packs as your current drop rate is a little low in order to be efficient.
To see the drop rate: click on the Character tab. It will be near the bottom of the screen.
*Be sure to use packs on Bosses (every 5 stages) and focus one until you reach the most effective milestone, then move to the next.* 100 is the most efficient 1st milestone.
So:
If you have 50 cards on 1 boss and 0 on another boss. Focus the one with 50 cards until you reach the 100 milestone then grab 100 on the next boss, moving on to the next until you achieve 100 on all. Then you can grab 250 on all one by one, then 500, 1000 etc…

Each enemy has the same drop rate, though if you kill them faster of course your overall chances of a drop will increase. Each ascension will increase this drop rate; 1/500 will be the highest. Every enemy drops 1 card until inferno mode, you may see +2 cards dropping but that's because there's a double card bonus from the event.

Once you reach Inferno Mode the amount of cards dropped becomes: 1 + (random number from 0 to Inferno tier).
Inferno tiers replace ascension and you can change it accordingly to increase the enemies level (which increases gold/exp gains).
Ex/ 
If I'm farming Inferno 100 and a card drops, the amount of cards dropped can be from 1 to 101. 
(1 + (0)) or 1 + ((100)) or any number in-between.

Card bonus is simply increased by the Card milestones you achieve. +46 is you're bonus but at Inferno levels you get a 5% increase per-level on your card bonus. So no it's not for people who only reached inferno, it just starts becoming more significant then. 
But don't get confused, there isn't really a "card dps bonus", cards just boost up your Base Damage which will increase your dps.

Guess I kinda answered your final question already (turns out wildfire did too)… But ugh one more time for clarity!? Tongue
It's not worth farming cards until you reach at least level 130, this way you can farm them from the Inferno tiers drop increase. Focusing on them that early will only cripple your EXP gains, which isn't worth it early on as you will be gaining constant card bonuses in the future. 
Even if you farm cards early on it would take forever to notice a difference as you will only gain 1 card per drop. 

PS: Keep the questions coming if you have one! Big Grin 
It may be much better learning from advice instead of regretting the massive mistakes you could make later on.

Let me just say, I appreciate your answers so much! Detailed enough for me to totally understand, I just love reading them! I feel so informed.

Let me follow up with a quick question, why do we only get cards on bosses? Or do you mean put your packs on them only? Should I also farm the normal enemies for their cards? Basically, why should we focus on aiming for 100, then 250, etc etc only on bosses and not on the normal enemies? Aren't they all the same bonus or did I miss something stupidly? Thanks!!
IGN: Clock (Level 30, 150 DPS)
(02-19-2016, 09:23 AM)Zeryph Wrote: Let me follow up with a quick question, why do we only get cards on bosses? Or do you mean put your packs on them only? Should I also farm the normal enemies for their cards? Basically, why should we focus on aiming for 100, then 250, etc etc only on bosses and not on the normal enemies? Aren't they all the same bonus or did I miss something stupidly? Thanks!!

Hehe, I meant only focus packs on bosses.

The reason for this is because bosses simply have to much HP to farm, so you won't be farming them at all.
Since you aren't going to farm them, you won't earn any cards on them without the packs.

You focus 100 first because it's the best Card/damage ratio, making it more efficient long term.
50 cards gives +36 damage.
100 cards gives +80 damage.
250 cards gives +153 damage.
Basically:
Getting 100 cards on 2 monsters gives more damage than 50 cards on 4 monsters. &
Getting 100 cards on 5 monsters gives more damage than 250 cards on 2 monsters.

Do the same on normal enemies as well when you start farming for cards, sorry I was more focused on explaining the packs xD.
Yes, all monsters give the same bonus for each milestone.

Quote:Let me just say, I appreciate your answers so much! Detailed enough for me to totally understand, I just love reading them! I feel so informed.
I appreciate you asking the questions. Tongue
& If anything I've said in any posts is a bit confusing I (anyone) can always further/better explain it.
(02-19-2016, 08:46 AM)vosavo Wrote: Card bonus is simply increased by the Card milestones you achieve. +46 is you're bonus but at Inferno levels you get a 1% increase per-level on your card bonus. So no it's not for people who only reached inferno, it just starts becoming more significant then. 

Fixed, 5% would be insanely OP Tongue

(02-19-2016, 08:46 AM)vosavo Wrote: Yes, it's true; cards are approximately 85% of my Base Damage.

But keep in mind it's around 40-60% your total damage, because the base damage from character screen is added to the base damage from auto/click upgrades. (If you had 0 cards, you wouldn't lose 85% of your damage, "only" half of it Tongue)
Still, cards are VERY important at the late game.
(02-19-2016, 10:02 AM)Hipoo Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 08:46 AM)vosavo Wrote: 1%
Fixed, 5% would be insanely OP Tongue

Oups xD Nice catch I think I was thinking of pet damage. Edited.