Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction to Myself
Welcome Kim!
You can usually find me here!
lol...this is not the appropriate topic and I've already discussed this very topic directly with you, but i'll reiterate.

I cannot accept direct payments as they have to go through the payment gateways, which are all USD. The only way to reduce the CAD cost would be to reduce the USD cost. It might seem simple on your end, but the economics and the backend services just don't work that way. This isn't me selling physical merchandise in canada for USD, it's me selling virtual currency world-wide on USD based services and economy.

I can't accept EU, CAD, Yen, or any other currency outside of the backend setup. Even if one of the backends supported this, for example if Kongregate had CAD pricing for Canadians, it would still result in the same conversion rates as your bank from CAD to USD.

You are assuming if something costs $10 USD in a service that $10 CAD should be fine, but the obvious flaw here is that others would then purchase the CAD with USD or other higher tier currency conversions in order to inflate the cost. The problem isn't IOU's USD pricing, the problem is the Canadian dollar, and it's likely going to collapse at this rate:

http://longforecast.com/fx/canadian-doll...-2017.html
(Things are not looking good there)

What you seem to be misunderstanding is internet economics. All of my costs for servers, services, revenue splits, assets and contracting have been in USD as well. It has nothing to do with the USD being of higher value, that just happens to be a lucky point right now that could easily change in the next couple years (if that prediction chart is wrong). If the USD was under par like it was not long ago (when my games were still charging USD at a loss), i'd be losing greatly as it's not like I can just start charging the world CAD for the upper hand, because that's not how it works as i've mentioned.

As for playstation I think you might be confused. The prices may show in local currency but the conversion remains at a loss for us. Seems like you're being tricked by the smoke and mirrors. Steam does this, Amazon does this (actually they are by far the worst. Check a .com price verse a .ca price)

If you want to continue this conversation, feel free to catch in me chatzy sometime as i'm finding more availability to have discussions lately.

Ray
(01-21-2016, 01:39 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: lol Get Ray to give us a 1:1 ratio on currency of where we live on purchasing diamonds. $36 for a $25 pack now means, I won't buy any more packs until the Canadian dollar goes back up...lol but it's supposed to drop to maybe 50 cents on the US Dollar. For a resource such as AP that isn't manufactured of purchased in real life. Giving us a 1:1 ratio, isn't unreasonable. He clearly see's where we live when we purchase diamonds, so it isn't like anyone would try and pay in the cheaper currency.

I'm assuming that the majority of players are American and Euro, and a fraction are Canadian players. So I get why, he probably won't bother to level the playing field in purchases. However, as a long time player, it just isn't worth it anymore to invest with the current rates. TBH it hasn't been worth it in the past either lol but as the gap grows, I'm left with no choice but to tap out as a paying player and go back to f2p.

edit.
For instance PS4, online gaming. Cost 50 US dollars, however when you purchase it as a Canadian it amounts to 50 Canadian dollars and not the converted amount. So it is being done and isn't a ridiculous concept.

I'd like to point out just how incredibly rude you are to Kim...
You don't even say hi, just just start ranting about something he/she can do nothing about while you apparently already talked about it with Ray...

Show some respect man
(01-21-2016, 05:38 PM)Ray Wrote: lol...this is not the appropriate topic and I've already discussed this very topic directly with you, but i'll reiterate.

I cannot accept direct payments as they have to go through the payment gateways, which are all USD. The only way to reduce the CAD cost would be to reduce the USD cost. It might seem simple on your end, but the economics and the backend services just don't work that way. This isn't me selling physical merchandise in canada for USD, it's me selling virtual currency world-wide on USD based services and economy.

I can't accept EU, CAD, Yen, or any other currency outside of the backend setup. Even if one of the backends supported this, for example if Kongregate had CAD pricing  for Canadians, it would still result in the same conversion rates as your bank from CAD to USD.

You are assuming if something costs $10 USD in a service that $10 CAD should be fine, but the obvious flaw here is that others would then purchase the CAD with USD or other higher tier currency conversions in order to inflate the cost. The problem isn't IOU's USD pricing, the problem is the Canadian dollar, and it's likely going to collapse at this rate:

http://longforecast.com/fx/canadian-doll...-2017.html
(Things are not looking good there)

What you seem to be misunderstanding is internet economics. All of my costs for servers, services, revenue splits, assets and contracting have been in USD as well. It has nothing to do with the USD being of higher value, that just happens to be a lucky point right now that could easily change in the next couple years (if that prediction chart is wrong). If the USD was under par like it was not long ago (when my games were still charging USD at a loss), i'd be losing greatly as it's not like I can just start charging the world CAD for the upper hand, because that's not how it works as i've mentioned.

As for playstation I think you might be confused. The prices may show in local currency but the conversion remains at a loss for us. Seems like you're being tricked by the smoke and mirrors. Steam does this, Amazon does this (actually they are by far the worst. Check a .com price verse a .ca price)

If you want to continue this conversation, feel free to catch in me chatzy sometime as i'm finding more availability to have discussions lately.

Ray

Hmm, seems I might have been out of line in choosing where to bring up this discussion again. In that case my apologies to Kim. Welcome aboard.
Haha, it's ok guys, i do believe that CrimsonKing didn't have bad intentions, but instead is just voicing frustration.

CrimsonKing,
Thanks for the welcome. suggestions are always welcome so long as it is in a respectful manner Smile I look forward to chatting with you sometime.
For future reference though, there is a suggestions section in the forum specifically for making suggestions.
(01-22-2016, 04:18 AM)Kim Wrote: Haha, it's ok guys, i do believe that CrimsonKing didn't have bad intentions, but instead is just voicing frustration.

CrimsonKing,
Thanks for the welcome. suggestions are always welcome so long as it is in a respectful manner Smile  I look forward to chatting with you sometime.
For future reference though, there is a suggestions section in the forum specifically for making suggestions.

You should have definitely throat-punched him.
(01-22-2016, 01:57 PM)Void Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 04:18 AM)Kim Wrote: Haha, it's ok guys, i do believe that CrimsonKing didn't have bad intentions, but instead is just voicing frustration.

CrimsonKing,
Thanks for the welcome. suggestions are always welcome so long as it is in a respectful manner Smile  I look forward to chatting with you sometime.

hahaha nahhh....no need for throat-punching someone... besides, can you even do that over the internet?
(01-23-2016, 09:08 AM)Kim Wrote:

CrimsonKing,

hahaha nahhh....no need for throat-punching someone... besides, can you even do that over the internet?

I wish you could Sad
(01-23-2016, 04:41 PM)Void Wrote:

CrimsonKing,

I wish you could Sad

lol I feel the love.
(01-24-2016, 01:38 AM)CRIMSONKING Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 04:41 PM)Void Wrote:

CrimsonKing,

I wish you could Sad

lol I feel the love.

I'm just joking around CK <3