Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Small reward for (not fake) bug reports
I think it would be great if there was a small reward for bug reports, it just has to be enough to make sure people actually report bugs.
The last couple of days the under the sea platinum group challenge didn't work.
I sent a bug report, received an answer in less than 30 minutes and in those 30 minutes the problem had already been fixed. This means that in the 5-6 days prior to that nobody actually reported the bug.
It'd just be great if people somehow got stimulated to report bugs and not wait until someone else does it.

EDIT:
Since there are plans to change the support system, maybe bug reports could give you some support points. Think this would be the best option since you are supporting the game if you report problems.
A motive to help the bugs in this game would be great.
But how do you tell people that there will be a reward for bug reports when all of a sudden 20 people report the same bug? Do you give them all a reward (From which can be abused by telling more players to report it)? Or give the person who first reported the bug a reward and tell the others they 'weren't fast enough'.

Personally I think knowing that you're helping the development of the game and a 'thank you' from the developer is enough of a reward as is.

EDIT: I'd probably agree with this if it's something 'hidden' from the patch notes, like a down low thing were the rumors of getting a reward would be the motivation to submit a bug.
Yes that would indeed be a problem, worst thing is that people would actually try to abuse the system.
I agree that just helping the development should be enough, but apparently the majority of the players don't feel the same way

Perhaps hiding it from the patch notes could help, but I think it would hardly get the effect it should have, while giving it to all players or just one might also pose some problems.

If enough people agree that this could help one of them might come up with a possible solution for the problem.

Right now I think the first X players getting a reward could be a good solution, if you set the amount on 5 for example people won't waste time telling their friends about it. The only problem is of course that some people that sincerely want to help out but are too late would be left out then.

Another possible solution could be a "reported bugs" tab in the help section. The moment a bug report has been seen a dev could just put the subject in that section (so no explanation about it so it's just a couple seconds work). If you report something that is already there you don't get a reward. You could also combine the two solutions.
(01-17-2016, 01:27 PM)Silent Shadow Wrote: Another possible solution could be a "reported bugs" tab in the help section. The moment a bug report has been seen a dev could just put the subject in that section (so no explanation about it so it's just a couple seconds work). If you report something that is already there you don't get a reward. You could also combine the two solutions.

That thought could actually be so helpful, the 'help' tab within itself is miss-leading to new players who want to ask a question about the game rather then report a bug.

Just allowing people to submit a 'really' long subjects could work wonders. 

And I guess your submission could just show "completed" without an explanation by the dev if somebody has already submitted it. Though if the rewards for submitting a bug were made public some people still may get mad that they didn't get a reward. Unless people are AWARE that if somebody else submitted it first, you won't get the reward.

Ight you've convinced me 

Ray the bug tab could really help you: Tongue

+1