Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
pets are RIDICUOLUSLY under-P late game.
(01-21-2016, 05:46 PM)Ray Wrote: There's a lot of open discussion that we'll be having in February after stability settles with the new service release. Pets, Offline Gains, Hindrance system, content expansions, guild buildings, etc. Trust me in that I know the issue is there and it's not being ignored. Priorities are being spent on the service transfer, and when that's over, i'll be pushing out those nice big changelogs again.

Hopefully all your players won't all have left permanently for some other game when it happens...
(01-21-2016, 06:06 PM)Teroc Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 05:46 PM)Ray Wrote: There's a lot of open discussion that we'll be having in February after stability settles with the new service release. Pets, Offline Gains, Hindrance system, content expansions, guild buildings, etc. Trust me in that I know the issue is there and it's not being ignored. Priorities are being spent on the service transfer, and when that's over, i'll be pushing out those nice big changelogs again.

Hopefully all your players won't all have left permanently for some other game when it happens...

Oh come now Teroc lets not be so rash.

IOU has plenty of stuff that *cough* other game can't touch..
its really not on the same level being entirely text based =\
---Retired---
Um alright-- anyway--

Wound up with 7 spots open.
---Retired---

Some other game is gonna slowly die until there's a small amount of people playing due to no bonuses, and not as many people like some other game as you think. You'll see like 400 in a few weeks playing, and IOU will still have ~5000 Big Grin
You can usually find me here!
Some other games are terrible, I don't see what people see in it. I tried playing them, the horribly unappealing layout didn't hold my attention for more than 2 minutes.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

(01-22-2016, 11:06 AM)Void Wrote:

Some other game is gonna slowly die until there's a small amount of people playing due to no bonuses, and not as many people like some other game as you think. You'll see like 400 in a few weeks playing, and IOU will still have ~5000 Big Grin

Still, the game is a week old and probably only relies on referrals to bring new players at the moment. Sure it'll die if it doesn't get advertised or posted on bigger gaming platforms, we'll see.

It's just good to see some competition on the MMO idle thing. IOU has been stagnating for quite a while now, there's no reason at all to spend more Kreds on it at the moment. You can do everything in IOU by playing 3x times a day for less than 5 minutes (pets/wood/mine with 2 respecs). Some other game at least forces you to be a bit engaged. Though I can't click refresh every 2 minutes so I'm pretty high on the noob leaderboard for fatigued actions...
(01-21-2016, 08:40 PM)Ragekai Wrote:

Oh come now Teroc lets not be so rash.

IOU has plenty of stuff that *cough* other game can't touch..
its really not on the same level being entirely text based   =\

When you've been doing the same thing over and over for months, having nice graphics or only text doesn't change a thing (at least for me). If only, the graphics make the interface clunky and more annoying/slow to use.
Wether or not some other game succeeds or fails will depend on how active the developer is and getting content finished and working correctly.... like any idle game.

I kinda like it.. reminds me of MUDs back in my college days, but if stuff doesn't get added regularly, I'm sure it'll get boring and people will wander off.

Incidently, as annoying as referrals are, they actually worked for them really well... I think that's the first time I've seen it be truly effective.
(01-22-2016, 07:56 PM)Teroc Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 11:06 AM)Void Wrote:

Still, the game is a week old and probably only relies on referrals to bring new players at the moment. Sure it'll die if it doesn't get advertised or posted on bigger gaming platforms, we'll see.

It's just good to see some competition on the MMO idle thing. IOU has been stagnating for quite a while now, there's no reason at all to spend more Kreds on it at the moment. You can do everything in IOU by playing 3x times a day for less than 5 minutes (pets/wood/mine with 2 respecs). Some other game at least forces you to be a bit engaged. Though I can't click refresh every 2 minutes so I'm pretty high on the noob leaderboard for fatigued actions...

You do understand (Idle)OU is an idle game, right? Some other game is a (persistent)bbg game. I can see why it's more "engaging" than IOU.

But anyways, enough about some other game on an IOU forum thread about pets.

Ray said he plans for a server move on the first week of February (which might or might not happen, but still in February). Pets will then, hopefully, get something to make them useful
You can usually find me here!
I've gone ahead and removed explicit mentions of the game that was being discussed here, as it wasn't appropriate to the topic, and with the destructive impact of their referral links on our community, I don't think the game deserves publicity. I hope that the affected posters are understanding of my actions and motives.