Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 15 :: 2016 :: January
Happy New Years...

Time to push the limits here this year....i'm quite annoyed and disappointed at the last few months with having a difficult time micromanaging such a massive project/community, however that's changing with much better delegation and the nearing of the new service.

This is what's going on:
  • Tomorrow i'll be releasing the first new monthly challenge content release, "Under the Sea" theme. Some major difficulty rebalancing in store for this - but could be a WIP balance.
  • Next month's challenge is already well on its way to being prepared, with a "Rednex" theme.
  • The new programmer starts on the new service for delegated work effort tomorrow so I can personally start providing better support and delegate my task work in other areas that need it the most very soon - back to the responsive developer I enjoyed being many months ago.
  • The new service has been undergoing a mindnumbing amount of significant work, and tests are appearing to go smoother than anticipated so far. I'll actually be opening this up to public pretty soon!
  • A new guild building is planned for the near future, but i'm contemplating whether to just prepare it on the new service as we are getting close with that...
  • January's monthly event is bringing a new experimental genre to IOU. Assets appear ready, I just need to find the time in between everything else these next two weeks to get that running. I don't expect it will last very long with the transition of the new server, so this may be one event that isn't run all the way until the next.
  • Talking to UI experts about resolving many UI ugliness sometime this month, which will open the doors to some of the new features I had intended to present a long time ago, such as the extended options system, guild logs and so forth - all of which will be possible with the new service that was simply not possible with Yahoo.
  • Rehauls are being done to monsters, backgrounds slowly but surely. 

ps. It is known that expeditions on the current service are acting funky with claims as I had to perform an emergency patch to rectify an exploit. A couple of players have been banned after checking the logs for the abuse.
Howdy.

I've mostly been posting on Facebook recent details and have been slacking in this topic. If you only look here for details as to the ongoings, please make sure to keep up to date on the facebook community page too!

I just wanted to chime in on some quick things.

1. New service is coming along well. The new programmer has been seriously on top of things and not only are things getting done far more quickly, but we have been cleaning and optimizing the engine with so many improvements ahead to avoid significant trouble down the road (not that there won't be initial issues). I'm currently working out the guild interaction logic, which leaves data conversion & transfer set up for public testing. I can't describe my excitement in moving forward with this.

2. UI rework is on a bit of a hold as several art-houses are doing samples and tests based on your votes and proper game theme. I know this isn't a huge priority, but it also isn't taking much of 'my' time at all, and is already several months late.

3. New Community manager next week who will assist with Tickets, Forum, Chat, and eventually more Smile

4. Event has gone very smooth. Very little negative feedback, lots of positives. Definitely think we'll take this approach to future events? Smile

Cheers,
Ray