Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What can be done to improve your holidays?
(12-24-2015, 08:15 AM)ND1 Wrote: Realistic: New buildings would be nice. Or teasers for a couple of them (that we still don't know of) at the very least?

Less realistic: Bob as a miniboss for awesome rewards.

I like this idea, even if it's just teasers.
minigame where we hunt Yahoos (people who work there are internally referred to as yahoos) might make it a bullet hell just we are the one tossing the bullets.

could make a service down minigame where the goal would be rerouting data to keep everything working as smoothly as possible.

All IOU players set up a class action lawsuit (I am sure we could get damages and personal suffering) and if we win we all get a bonus 100,000 AP
open access to the parts of the game that are moved to the new server

give whatever we lose from not being able to log in (xp, gold, cards, snowballs, etc.)

rested time for same amount of time we're excluded from game

money back from last purchase

new guild building

a "donate all" button for donating stone to guild buildings

bring back the old in-game chat until new servers ready

discount on autospeed upgrades (get 10 levels for the AP price of 1)

+1 support level for every1 Big Grin
Hey Ray,

I know people will kill me for these words, but it's ok, I'll sacrifice my online existence for the better future of IOU.

Basically, you have most of IOU working on the new hosts, and you don't have chat (we can live with Kong Chat for a while), Challenges (We can live without challenges for a little while), and guilds (This is a bigger issue, I believe).
How long time would it take for you and your team to get the game up, in an abbreviated version on the new host?
How long would it then take to get guilds up?
etc

Take the game down, totally offline, to prevent differences between players to grow. Give everybody a rested exp bonus of full week once you open the doors again.
Have the event bonuses waiting for everyone once you open again on the new host. At least make sure people don't miss out on gifts, and event prizes.

Could we live without IOU for a week? two weeks? Probably not, but those who do survive, will come back with a passion for IOU like no other.
Can you survive without the cashflow of IOU for a week? Two weeks? Use that as your incentive to speed up the launch/development Smile

ok, let the flaming begin...

/Xesc

Edited to add: Stop all work on events, new contents, patchwork on old servers, focus on new hosts and deployment there.
(12-24-2015, 08:02 AM)Ray Wrote: Hey folks.

This downtime was unfortunately out of my control. If you're unaware, the game servers are hosted with Yahoo and they have dropped the ball incredibly. This is just the icing on the cake as to the history of the service, but it is definitely injuring the game and i'm sure your patience and respect.

I'm wondering what you guys think could be done once things are stable again to assist in rectifying the downtime for you. Realistic suggestions welcomed, unrealistic suggestions enjoyed.

Ray

the most realistic thing i can think of is to give double (or triple) everything for a day (or 2 or 3... however long the game is down). xp, gold, claims, NRG, wood/stone gain, snowballs... etc. make it so everyone gets what they would may have gotten if not more with it. depends on how long the game is down i suppose. i don't suggest overboard ideas which i am sure some have... make it even... don't go out of your way to overcompensate
(12-24-2015, 08:58 AM)Xesc Wrote: Hey Ray,

I know people will kill me for these words, but it's ok, I'll sacrifice my online existence for the better future of IOU.

Basically, you have most of IOU working on the new hosts, and you don't have chat (we can live with Kong Chat for a while), Challenges (We can live without challenges for a little while), and guilds (This is a bigger issue, I believe).
How long time would it take for you and your team to get the game up, in an abbreviated version on the new host?
How long would it then take to get guilds up?
etc

Take the game down, totally offline, to prevent differences between players to grow. Give everybody a rested exp bonus of full week once you open the doors again.
Have the event bonuses waiting for everyone once you open again on the new host. At least make sure people don't miss out on gifts, and event prizes.

Could we live without IOU for a week? two weeks? Probably not, but those who do survive, will come back with a passion for IOU like no other.
Can you survive without the cashflow of IOU for a week? Two weeks? Use that as your incentive to speed up the launch/development Smile

ok, let the flaming begin...

/Xesc

Edited to add: Stop all work on events, new contents, patchwork on old servers, focus on new hosts and deployment there.

He said something to recompensate for the downtime not make it even more downtime. People have poured thousands into the game. Be realistic.
Let us with the double card bonus longer than intended and it will be fine for me Big Grin

For the downtime itself, a certain amount of rested xp or a short-term but high % xp/gold bonus (with or without double cards).

If you want to give your community a little extra for their tireless F5 spamming today, I vote for sacrificial offerings. We need to level our click and challenge orbs now that you've added these awesome series challenges Big Grin.
IGN: Spatulee
server roll back x amount of time/hours/days to the point before yahoo crashed
Honestly, just another temporary 10% xp/gold bonus would make up for time lost in a day or two. As for cards, temporarily increase the drop chance of cards by a small margin 1/475 or something.