Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge Series System
This challenge adds a new thing to progress towards and will help incorporate a new sense of progress, good work on this one Ray.
I like the update (it helps that my idle DPS went up 50% because of it)

It makes challenge carries less powerful at lower levels.  I think that's a good thing, because hopefully people will feel less like they 'need' the carry to get the huge +10000 boost - now it's just another 3%  I'm sure that most of the people upset about losing damage are people that were carried before they were able to even do the solo.

I like that there's now a 'never-ending' ability to gain bonuses through challenges.  This makes the challenge damage orb somewhat more useful all game long as there will always be an ability to need more challenge damage for a few more levels in the series.

My only real complaint is the fact that Time Extend doesn't apply. It kind of feels like this attribute is undermined in all aspects of the game and not really worth buying into. If it's not going to be useful for anything long-term you may as well remove it from the game and refund people the gold they spent on it.

Thanks for the update, Ray!
Helps a lot of people who are farther in Inferno.
Not a bad update, I like it a lot, however this is pretty much the destruction of the f2p/p2w arguments.
As paying players should get a bonus, there's no competition anymore really.
Still coo' almost 1.6x my dps <3 lel.
I like the update overall. It makes more sense as percentages, at least for high level players. New accounts that leech and build up CP no longer have a huge advantage over those who don't but that's probably the point of this change?

Bigger concern is the memory leak since it sucks to have a bunch of rested time in the morning.
boss should have higher timer

second run rule change to every 10 challenge for the +1% increase, should boss be at every 10th challenge?
Yeah, bosses should definetly have longer timers, otherwise everything else is alright
IGN: lp9
Level: 444
IOU: 60690
Idle dps: 315m

15/7/16
Gained roughly 100k from this, woot!
Level_______241
Account_____60/61
Support_____6
Auto Speed__53
IOU________25k
DPS________~600k
Mining______29
Damage doubled, pretty awesome. Boss timer, needs an increase like normal challenges. Especially since its an infinite challenge, it won't be game breaking. Like the fact that it's solo, for no carries but also curious if party/guild series will be implemented further down the line. Lower leveled players seem to dislike the changes since they can't complete enough challenges to make up for loss in base damage but will eventually like it in the long run. Overall I really like the update, gives us something to strive for endlessly.
I suggest involving time extend into the series challenge for the timers.

Perhaps something like 18s + (time extend / 2) ?
(12-21-2015, 09:22 AM)pimc Wrote: if you wanted to get rid of lower levels, it was so much easier like this:
if (lv<99999) then (delete character)
obviously this change is made to increase the already existing gap

you could maybe keep the old rewards and add o.x% as reward for the new ones (?) afterall the damage orb is increasing very slow and noone complained about

taking 40%-70% from the poor, giving them 20% from the whatever is left and saying that this is "balance" , great way to attract new players/keep the med levels

(e.g i lost 25%, (got back  21%of 80%left=16%)  so i have less damage-----> back 5levels of mobs-which means less everything )

It's a beta change. Instead of making multiple posts. Make one post, be polite and state your opinions. Ray made this thread so he could get feedback, which means, he will go over the thread and take into account what players think of it. There is no need to be rude and redundant. I understand you may be angry and frustrated but take a breath and hopefully balanced changes will be made.