Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Rebirth System :D
Had this idea with DexterDaBird in party chat, thought I'd share.

He is already on Wyrms and wants something to evolve to.
I had a good idea to reset pets with a rebirth.
They will start over as Snake^2 (little 2 over maybe?)
The snake will be blue instead of green. It will have more speed and dmg and grow faster.
After you get to wyrm^2 you can rebirth again to snake^3.
Snake^3 will be red.
You get the idea.
You could keep going till Snake^7 is gold plated..
Snake 8^Platinum
Snake 9^ could be on fire or something... who knows.

I think itd be a cool system for pets. And rebirth is something people in the community of ascension/idle/incremental games really likes Smile

Maybe with each rebirth you unlock new tiers in arena? Or Arena leagues or something where we can pvp pets?
=\ some ideas.

Definitely arena needs expansion ASAP. I'm only at clock/brain and have maxed arena long ago...
Really kinda unfair to people like Dex who are on Wyrms are losing the edge they should have for arena advantage~

This has been Rage,
With thoughts on pets ~

Quick EDIT: Maybe a new guild building Pet Altar--- Where you sacrifice two level 10 wyrms to make 1 Level 1 Snake^2. ? hm? Smile thatd be hardcore and sick.
Then you have to buy the other snake^1 lv.1 again so rebirth is 50% more painful but the reward could be big pay off in dmg Smile
I think itd be a fun and interesting system.
---Retired---
The problem is that it would take too long, how do you expect most of the players getting to snake^2???

I would rather have more pets with a new design, and not have them repeat IMO
IGN: lp9
Level: 444
IOU: 60690
Idle dps: 315m

15/7/16
(12-18-2015, 06:45 AM)lp9 Wrote: The problem is that it would take too long, how do you expect most of the players getting to snake^2???

Well, I guess you have to have a longterm mindset.

Lots of Top 200 are on clocks already or at least 1 clock + brain.

Christmas event; other events by next year all those combined + top ups = easy wyrms.
---Retired---
(12-18-2015, 07:09 AM)Ragekai Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 06:45 AM)lp9 Wrote: The problem is that it would take too long, how do you expect most of the players getting to snake^2???

Well, I guess you have to have a longterm mindset.

Lots of Top 200 are on clocks already or at least 1 clock + brain.

Christmas event; other events by next year all those combined + top ups = easy wyrms.

200 people out of a few thousand people. The only reason for that is spending money; otherwise, many people (like me) who are f2p are getting brains or have brains about now. Pet arena expansion would be fine, or a complete redo of pets....but more tiers seems kinda pointless right now. Long term, it's gonna be a very long while before any f2p people would hit wyrms. There is only like....10 people (if not less) who have wyrms.

Another point is that pets kinda suck still. Being f2p they kinda keep up because I haven't spent money to skip a few years into the future of the game, but people who don't spend money on pets at all and spend a lot on maxing account upgrades/auto upgrades will have pets that fall away faster.

In all, I just think that pets need another revamp or something...not more tiers that no one is gonna see for another few years.
You can usually find me here!
F2p's who have brains will need 1.5-2 years to hit lvl 10 wyrms.

Noone forced p2w's to push so much into pets and then "cry for lack of further stuff".

Rebirth system - no. Extension of pet arena - yes.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
While you guys are right... you have to remember... guys who rush to wyrms are the guys that pay Ray's salary and allow him to continue to work on the game, so giving those people something to do is kinda important.

I think Rage's suggestion is pretty good mechanic-wise, but I'd also rather see different stuff than the same guys with different colors.
(12-18-2015, 04:45 PM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: While you guys are right... you have to remember... guys who rush to wyrms are the guys that pay Ray's salary and allow him to continue to work on the game, so giving those people something to do is kinda important.

I think Rage's suggestion is pretty good mechanic-wise, but I'd also rather see different stuff than the same guys with different colors.

I'm sure Ray gets a large chunk of salary from all the people that bought shit on Black Friday. I doubt this game really costs much to maintain also.

And like Brouwer said, the people who rushed to wyrms knew exactly what they were running into, a giant fat-ass wall. No one else is going to be seeing the content if any is added for them, only a select few people. Where's the fun in that? It's kinda like cheating at a game and giving yourself a shit ton of gold, then everything is maxed when it should have taken like 50x longer.

I'd like to see a new pet system, or more content for pets. More tiers or "ascensions" are pointless for everyone except like 10 people.
You can usually find me here!
Would much prefer content get added to pets that make them better than they currently doing now, if they some reason just ascend and start back over to snake, i'll be so annoyed, going through each evolution again, not seeing anything new from it. Having a new "painted" look isn't exactly called good improvements, it just make it look lazy, i would much prefer the ability to set which skin I like to see during game play if i had unlocked it already.

All rebirth system would do is give slightly more damage to pets... in the end wouldn't do anything other than give the 10 so people something to pump money in just cause they can.
(12-19-2015, 06:21 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: Would much prefer content get added to pets that make them better than they currently doing now, if they some reason just ascend and start back over to snake, i'll be so annoyed, going through each evolution again, not seeing anything new from it. Having a new "painted" look isn't exactly called good improvements, it just make it look lazy, i would much prefer the ability to set which skin I like to see during game play if i had unlocked it already.

All rebirth system would do is give slightly more damage to pets... in the end wouldn't do anything other than give the 10 so people something to pump money in just cause they can.

It is impossible to balance pets without dynamic change of their base damage, independant from pet tiers/levels. Adding rebirth will not fix the problem of low damage pets, it will only delay it.

Ascending has no real purpose at this moment. 

If you look for a real solution past wyrms, pets could evolve into not snakes, but some higher class pet. This pet could require either pet food or new kind of food (apples could be traded to it), obtainable for instance from beast system. And new pets could have more features, like buffs etc... 

If you want something insteresting, think more about it. Because going back to snakes, bats, wabbits and seeing the same thing with possibly a new skin would serve no real purpose...
I am a Nerd.  Angel