Who ******* cares?
33.33%
6 33.33%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
No censorship petition
Talking about in game chat, I personally don't want any censorship in it, but I know that this game has even a child target(just thinking about rage***), so at least we should be able to disable the censorship in some way, for example by console commands...

I hate to decode asterisks while there are lot of people in chat and we need to do things faster as possible, I'm forced to scroll up the chat while people don't stop writings...

And most important, I'm against any communication censorship in general.
Fairly certain only 'swears' are censored, what's the need not to censor them?
Region chat and challenge party chat can remain censored. Guild chat should have option that can be toggled on/off by guild leaders to enable/disable censorship. Kongregate is moreover an adult community. While teenagers do frequent the site, they rarely bother with games, especially idle games. The current system makes it hard to tell a fellow guildmate about how big a certain item they can choke on without the censor killing the enthusiasm.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

(12-02-2015, 09:03 AM)vosavo Wrote: Fairly certain only 'swears' are censored, what's the need not to censor them?

taking inspiration from your signature and considering only those 'swears' you are talking about:
censorship = no fun

but seriously, we had problems in normal communication because of that, how can you make distinction between **** and **** written in the same sentence?
(12-02-2015, 09:12 AM)brutalboy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 09:03 AM)vosavo Wrote: Fairly certain only 'swears' are censored, what's the need not to censor them?

taking inspiration from your signature and considering only those 'swears' you are talking about:
censorship = no fun

but seriously, we had problems in normal communication because of that, how can you make distinction between **** and **** written in the same sentence?

I guess you have a point, i'd remain undecided as the hole concept of what's under the **** is most likely not necessary, but usually you can make the distinction depending on the rest of the sentence. Is there any words that shouldn't be censored that are? 

-Though I tested it, seems like there's still a lot that COULD be censored.-
Also if there's an option added like this, the filter should (will) be much stricter.

But if an option is added to decide on censorship or not, what would be the point of having the filter in the first place though? I doubt anyone would bother having it on, unless it was by default. I'd think of either having the filter or not having it at all.
having any sort of filter is a disgrace just my opinion
Andez - Click Heroes
I don't care either way. In fact I care more about the fact that there isn't a third option on the poll that is clearly for people that want censorship. 1 is against censorship, 2 is don't care, personally I think the third should be "I need an adult." Tongue