Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Zilla's IOU MultiCalc
(03-30-2016, 11:28 AM)Zilla Wrote: This is part of the move - much like the XP was ~ 10% off, etc right after the move, I don't have a fix for this because we aren't sure what changed. I've been in talks with aar118 about it, and will reach out to other math people as I am able. Something fundamentally changed, though. XP has since been fixed (Ray patched the game, and the XP lined back up). It and the Boss Card Finder thing are the only non-functional pieces at the moment.

Ah well. Thanks for the update and keep up the great work! I guess we'll all just have to wait it out until the knowledge of what was changed is revealed to us puny mortals. Smile
I can definitely see how naming variables can help.

Also that sounds like a lot of exciting stuff. Optimizing the Inferno calcs sounds useful.

So how good is the orb optimizer? I'm not close to buying orbs yet but it's currently saying to buy pet damage.
A leader of Fire Clan
(03-30-2016, 03:29 PM)jiecut Wrote: I can definitely see how naming variables can help.

Also that sounds like a lot of exciting stuff. Optimizing the Inferno calcs sounds useful.

So how good is the orb optimizer? I'm not close to buying orbs yet but it's currently saying to buy pet damage.

Excellent question! As you are small, it's doing precisely what it's supposed to - pet damage absolutely rules at your level. It doesn't know how poorly pets scale in the late game. Having said this, a big revamp is coming down the line which may change this answer.

XP > Auto > Gold > Crit > Wood > Stone are the really important ones, and post Level 200, your optimizer will reflect this (not Wood and Stone, unfortunately). As it's a non-issue to swap orbs around (10 crystals at the moment), it's really up to you if you want to invest in pets. At the present, I would say don't.
ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้
Leader - Eden Regenesis

Thanks for the tip on the orbs. I think XP first sounds good. I read somewhere else that you should lvl them to 100 before you start working on another orb.

Also, there's the guild sacrifice building to take account before lvling your orbs.

And that opens a whole new can of worms. The actual use of the Stones. And you have similar stuff, atk boost, pet dmg boost (sucks even for me), exp and gold boost.

And then the ascension points are tricky too. With 10 it's not that hard to optimize but as you get more you can't just keep lvling the same things because of the cost increase. How important is Wood and Mining NRG+, I know that those will eventually translate into XP gains also.

Even optimizing for cd is a bit hard. Think of a few combinations and then check them to see how the number grows.

EDIT: The Auto Upgrades Optimization tool does something really similar for comparing benefits of different guild xp upgrades. Can also be applied towards comparing dps and exp gains which is useful for ascension points.
A leader of Fire Clan
In case you wish to update the feature on the "Mafia Event Sheet" tab, I've fixed your Boss success % equation to more accurately reflect what is currently written on the IOU Wiki. Thus far (I've only checked it against the first two bosses), the formula on the IOU Wiki is correct. I've rewritten it slightly to be less cumbersome to write in a Google Doc sheet. My revised equation is: if($T$22="Test",if($T$23<F9,"Not enough power",MIN((($T$23-F9)/(F9*0.075)/100)+1/100,1)),if($Q$29<F9,"Not enough power!",MIN((($Q$29-F9)/(F9*0.075)/100)+1/100,1))). I added the MIN(boss success equation, 1) so that the spreadsheet will not return results > 100%. Also, it appears as though IOU's displayed success percentage is floored to remove decimal points (e.g. 27%, 27.3%, 27.69421%, etc. will all be displayed as a 27% success chance in IOU).
There is a small problem with your new version of the spreadsheet. The Boss success % accidentally checks Q28 (which is the amount of energy earned per minute) instead of Q29 (which is the actual total power).
Fixed, and thank you! Smile
Leader - Eden Regenesis

I think Huge Loots and Easy Loots and maybe some other hunting upgrades aren't taking into account the gold orb. That's why I'm getting a negative value with gold orb. If I set gold orb to 0 it's positive.
A leader of Fire Clan
If you're talking about the hidden optimizer, I built the spreadsheet after all of my hunting upgrades were maxed out - I've never really been able to test it, which is probably why you are getting errors. As the amount of time a player spends with these not maxed out is proportionately tiny by comparison to overall playtime, I have never really dug into it. At the very least, if it's what I think it is, it would require a rebuild of the Hunting optimizer and it's somewhat related to my Active Clicking bug.

I will put this on the bug list - though I'll warn you that we have both Fishing and the Pet Map coming, as well as the Challenges being reset - this could get wrapped into the 3.0 rebuild, which might be a month or two away. By then, it's likely you'll have these maxed out. Sad

I still genuinely appreciate the help. If you want to dive into this, feel free - I will update the master template with whatever you find after I sandbox it. Smile

Edit: You are absolutely correct, jiecut - the Gold orb was never built into the hunting calculations, and there are inconsistent formulas all through the section. It would require a rebuild.

You are pretty good at this. Want to help me? [Image: tongue.png]
Leader - Eden Regenesis

Yeah I understand what you mean. I maxed out gold rate recently.

I think it's good to fix it up though. I'd love to help. Unlike the other bugs I wasn't exactly sure where to start with this. If you can nudge me in the right direction i can do the grunt work and suggest formula changes or I can do editing.

Feel free to message me. I can do random tasks.

Also excited for the fishing module and some other stuff.
A leader of Fire Clan