Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guild Building (suggestion)
Since there are probably many suggestions around what new guild buildings could be, i have a small one and it concerns the orbs, the new guild building could be titles, ''Sacrificial tomb'' and picture something similar to an altar, but with a large table and different pillars on the building, the purpose of the building would operate somewhat like the stable, every 5 levels into the building, we get one more free sacrifice a day, and for each level increase, we get one more crystal upon clearing the mines for example, level 10 into the building would give us 20 crystals a clear, as opposed to 10. now i know fishing will play a part with the orbs, and crystals, but i see no reason we cant have a building to do a similar purpose, as i know its hard trying to figure out which bonus to apply to them, but this could be a nice addition, and id sure love to have more crystals a clear, and more sacrifices a day.
As much as I'd like +1 crystal per mining floor clear per level, I think that's too much (most guilds can easily get a building to level 10 in less than a week, and that'd double your crystals income). Maybe do the +1 every 5 levels for crystals instead of sacrifices.
(I think Ray said collecting ALL orbs is not supposed to be something easy/fast to do - and I like how it makes people go for different builds and 'customize' their characters)

And for each building level, a bonus exp to sacrifices. I heard fishing will be just another resource to get sacrifices, no crystals.

Some people already suggested Altar to change from the +0.5% gold/exp to something for soul orbs.
https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1524
Well we on average clear the mine once a day, (a little over depending on trophies) at at current rate it would take you 50 days maybe a few less to unlock an orb costing 500 crystals, and that is a long amount of time, and although i agree that we shouldnt be able to get all orbs so quickly, most are sitting at around 3-4 orbs currently, but for most people to unlock all orbs currently, would take well over a year maybe more depending, and despite that, in order to get past tier 3 orbs, just for one, would take an extremly long time currently, so i think 1 extra crystal per clear isn't too much, but perhaps every 10 levels we can get 1 sacrafice, as opposed to 5, i know this is an idle game, and progress is meant to be slow, but its nice to see faster ways to progress later in the game, and i have no doubt far more content will be added after the orbs to increase characters dps, so seeing people get more orbs towards the end game would be far more encouraging.
I like this idea. Doesn't seem op or game breaking. +1
A guild building that increases crystals or daily sacrifices would help. For someone who only does up to the 1M daily sacrifice, it takes 55 days average to get a 2 star > 3 star orb. 10M takes 44 days average I think is what brouwer said. Maybe it was 44 days with the 1B but that's irrelevant. The fact is that it takes a stupidly long time. A 4 star orb is just not feasible with the current build of the game. Sure fishing will help to an unknown extent, but things do need to be sped up a little. I'm not saying a 5 star orb should take a week, but it certainly shouldn't take 2 years. For a large majority of players, getting all orbs is not possible with the current build of game. Be real, IOU is a successful game but it probably won't be around in 5 years. The +1 sacrifice per 5 levels seems nice. At this point in the game, most guilds would benefit from it. It's not just the top 10 guilds powering buildings anymore. The +1 crystals per level is too much. Maybe + 1 crystal per 3 or 4 levels. We need more guild buildings all around. My #1 most wanted guild building is some type of guild monster. That you upgrade the guild building to increase monster level and killing it gives rewards.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

Once fishing comes out I think orbs will be a little bit easier to level up.

Personally I'd rather not see as many OP guild buildings come out, it increases the distance between the lower and higher players. Also it makes it even harder for people to start a new guild since they would be so far behind on all their buildings.
(10-28-2015, 07:20 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: Once fishing comes out I think orbs will be a little bit easier to level up.

Personally I'd rather not see as many OP guild buildings come out, it increases the distance between the lower and higher players. Also it makes it even harder for people to start a new guild since they would be so far behind on all their buildings.

Yeah i think the building could differ with the release of fishing, but we're not 100% sure on what the fishing will be, and how good a bonus it will be. but the building could definitely be catered to fill in those needs. and i think buildings should be a little more powerful since they are a while to upgrade over 10, unless you're the top 3 guilds. it will be much more beneficial to lower characters especially, because dont forget new people will be masses behind others crystal wise, and with the rng involved with sacrificing, i think the two extra free a day wont be over powered.
Expeditions feels kinda disconnected to the rest of the game, so I would suggest a expedition related one.
Here is my idea for one.

Observatory:
You set out to discover new planets to do expeditions to.
Each level up enables 1 new resource you can do expeditions for, for example;

The new building will cost expedition points to build, so they get useful too. About 5000 expedition points per level seems decent.

Level 1 for Wood expeditions.
Level 2 for Stone expeditions.
Level 3 for Pet food expeditions.
Level 4 for Crystal expeditions.
Level 5 for Sacrifice (orbs) expeditions.

The beauty with this is Ray can just add additional levels for new features he adds to the game.
My opinon on this is that we should at least wait untill the fishing update comes before making judgements on these things, personally i would want the lv 3 orbs to take a month to get and longer for more but thats just me, i feel it forces people to choose a path on their orbs when going for that level and sticking with it for awhile although since idle games can be min maxed so easily, it may just be another boring path people are forced into for a month

a few free sacrifices per day once we end up getting to the higher end of things orbs will be nothing but of course add up as long as its progression is balanced to be a resonable timelength im fine with it, alongside getting x amount of free sacrifices i just think that for every level of the building sacrifices receive a cost reduction by a percentage so people can at lv 10 save millions on that daily sacrifices which will add up.