Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expeditions!
Rainbow 
New expedition targets:
  • Card pack.  Returns a tiny pack after 12 hours.
  • Crystal.  Brings back 2/3/6 crystal after 4/8/20 hours.
New upgrade:
  • Tractor beam.  % chance to bring back some extra resources independent of expedition type (+1 AP, +1 diamond, +1 crystal, or very rarely, a card pack)

New purchase:
  • Alien fruit.  Boosts auto damage by +5% for 24 hours.  Costs 100 expedition points.
Card pack tiny in 12 hours.. that's a bit much. since 20 hour diamond run doesn't net me 100 diamonds.
would have to be like 96 hour run?
the crystal amount seems off, think 2/4/8 be fine, considering the middle is usually double of the lowest time expedition.

card pack probably should stay to card packs/codes only, I don't see it being something you can just expedition and even if you could, wouldn't even be worth it anyways.

alien fruit don't make sense either, why would it cost expedition? And 5% for 24 hours is too low considering we might see more use for expedition points later.

Tractor beam a maybe, but I would keep card packs out of it.
I think next updates to the Expedition will be in the combat ship area..
---Retired---
(10-27-2015, 03:12 AM)budice Wrote: Card pack tiny in 12 hours.. that's a bit much. since 20 hour diamond run doesn't net me 100 diamonds.
would have to be like 96 hour run?

I can get 10 cards in a single drop.  Or 5 tiny packs worth in a daily collect.  Tiny packs really aren't a big deal.
(10-27-2015, 12:20 AM)Mylon Wrote: New expedition targets:
  • Card pack.  Returns a tiny pack after 12 hours.
  • Crystal.  Brings back 2/3/6 crystal after 4/8/20 hours.
New upgrade:
  • Tractor beam.  % chance to bring back some extra resources independent of expedition type (+1 AP, +1 diamond, +1 crystal, or very rarely, a card pack)

New purchase:
  • Alien fruit.  Boosts auto damage by +5% for 24 hours.  Costs 100 expedition points.
New expeditions:

both are bad ideas. Tiny pack is pointless. Basically, I can't see any way to balance this expedition, as starting from small packs you can receive % based values, not fixed ones. This would be not fair for people who have less than 62500 cards.

Crystal expeditions are too op. I had a short discussion about this on chatzy and we came to the agreement that the best solution would be 12h only expedition providing 2 crystals (1 if fail, and 4/6/8 with bonuses).

New upgrade:

This is automatically rejected by me, as it provides even more premium currency for free. I am against such ideas.

New purchase:

The only idea that I like. However, I already suggested to Ray that we could spend spare points to boost running expeditions, such like reducing time (for a significant amount of points).
I am a Nerd.  Angel
Combat is coming to expeditions next, so that should open up some new stuff.

I don't think the tiny pack is unbalanced at all, especially considering that the diamond expeditions are low because they also provide support points. However, I don't think it's worth implementing into the game because I suspect it would take a decent amount of programming without providing much value. People are still going to pick diamonds or AP over card packs because cards are worth less than either in the long run.

I do like the idea of new ways of getting crystals, but I agree this is way way too many. Crystals right now cost at least 10 AP a piece to get if you are using dynamite in the mines. I think I would be tempting to just not bother with this in expeditions, it would create too many balancing issues. Plus crystals in the long run after you get all the orbs are only equal to sacrifices.

The tractor beam is an interesting idea. And I don't agree with Brouwer that there shouldn't be ways to get more premium currency. If you made it a very expensive upgrade, say 10x the other upgrades, then it would be a late game upgrade. And it would be a nice sink for expedition points. I'd like to see more ways for late game players to get more premium currency.

And finally with the purchase idea I like the idea of purchasing things with expedition points. The problem is that I don't think any types of boosts are the correct things to purchase. It would create a system where top players would need to keep these up all the time. Instead I'd like to see the ability to purchase resources, such as wood, stone, gold, and pet food. For instance maybe trading 500 expedition points for 5 pet food. On the other hand I'd like to see this only implemented after the combat upgrades were put in place. Otherwise we are forced to pick between saving for those upgrades or spending now for a short term boost.

Anyway in summary none of them are bad ideas in my mind and wouldn't break the game, but it depends a lot on how and when they are implemented.
I like the alien fruit idea especially.. it would be nice to have something to do with expedition points once everything was maxed out.

I agree the card pack thing is probably not worth the programming (unless they were bigger packs, which would be overpowered). However, BUYING card packs with expedition points might be nice.. maybe 100 for a tiny and up from there.
I wouldn't mind seeing the caps raised by 5 and 1 more ship
Andez - Click Heroes
(10-28-2015, 08:35 AM)Andez Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing the caps raised by 5 and 1 more ship

I would like to see expedition upgrade caps raised. Especially the one to reduce failure chance. 25% fail rate at the lowest is absurd. Since expedition points are about the only thing in game that can't be outright bought with money, everyone is on the same ground. So putting in a 4th ship to buy is a good idea, since you really do have to earn all those points. On that note though, I do wish this game had more things that can't be maxed just by spending. EP would have been a good candidate if event packs would stop giving them. Expedition points are the only thing that show longevity for a player. I've been playing for just about 100 days and still am a few hundred points away from 3rd ship. All else is 15/15. I didn't understand expeditions early on though and lost a lot of potential points. Raising the upgrade cap and letting us upgrade to a 30/40/50% chance of bonus rewards is a good idea. Since people who can afford those upgrades are long term players. And come on, if a player is truly willing to sink 100,200,300+ days in a game. They deserve to have those diamonds flowing in to increase support level.

The tractor beam is a decent idea. Ignore what brouwer says. Any suggestion even in the absolute tiniest amount of getting diamonds, ap, pet food, etc for free sets off his alarm and makes him scream greed.

Card pack expeditions would be pointless for tiny packs. Just not worth the time.

Crystal expeditions would also be pointless as people would still choose diamonds and ap expeditions. We will be getting more ways to get crystals/sacrifices with fishing soon.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"