Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thoughts on new chat interface (ITS UGLY)
So the new chat interface is down right hideous.

It's blocky. Jagged. All straight lines.
Looks like it was made on MS.Paint with the straight line tool.

Furthermore, the party button is higher up then the other two.

And there is a "crack" running vertical where the tab connects to the block that you can see through just barely..

All in all its very unattractive.

I've heard talk it will match some coming new UI.

God I hope not. It would have to all be butt ugly to do that.

EDIT:
Let me expand a bit. I don't think changing the look of the chat was needed. Instead, I'd rather have seen focus on things like in-game messaging / friends list.
Also-- A guild message board.
And, would also be nice if (especially how it reads now) the "player xxxxx donated 1000 stone to guild building" x 9 it would be nice if instead it would wait a bit when people donate... maybe 30 seconds, if there is another donate during that time, it combine. So you get display like "player xxxxx donated 7000 stone to guild building" 1 time instead of huge wall of donation ticks individual..
---Retired---
Rage, be careful, you might get positive rep from this. >_>

Yeah, it is ugly. Really hoping ugly and badly done isn't the theme of the new UI.
There is also a good sized horizontal crack to the left of the typing box.
Worst of all, it doesn't look like it is made of wood.

Oh, yeah. This one is real serious, if you have the chat open, you can't see the notifications to go do something else in the game.
No arguments. It's very plain and simple looking, which is what I asked for in the first iteration, as it's put together programmatically and 'looks' wasn't my focus here yet. I'll be toying with some textures and such (to attempt to give it the same wooden style), and definitely working to enhance and fix the chat.

The change in static to dynamic is a growing prototype to further publications of the game. Being the first piece like this I expected some issues...maybe not as many as were included in the patch :-p but I knew it was a work-in-progress. Keep up the feedback!

I'm more focused on the upcoming Halloween Event and new server design but i'll be toying with things for the chat system along the way in hopes to have a more solid design & system together by the Halloween Event release.

Ray
Agree with all the above, so I don't need to repeat it

I will say on the positive side though that the actual chat itself is a vast improvement on before in my opinion
Andez - Click Heroes
I have noticed that anytime I come back from doing a challenge that it will repeat the previous message in party or guild chat. I have a long string of the same messages over and over again. I don't find it a major problem, but to be more of an annoyance.
Also the in-game friends list would be a very nice feature to have. I would also like something to turn off Region chat. I don't know about other players but I have never used Region chat and only click on it to find where the new message has come from.
Agreed that looks are less than ideal, I think Rage's idea of bunching stone donations together would make the chat window significantly more streamlined and clean.