Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
soul orbs to contribute to iou score
(10-24-2015, 09:52 AM)Ragekai Wrote:
(10-21-2015, 10:10 AM)Void Wrote: I agree that it should be a small addition to IOU score if anything.

Yes, IOU Score doesn't matter, and yes, ranks don't matter...but it will give the ones who bought like 50,000 diamonds worth of dynamite will get a major IOU score boost if so.

Ranks don't matter?

Maybe if you aren't ranking, sure.

No, ranks don't matter much because almost all of them are p2w, and I'm quite sure there's more f2p than p2w people. The one that isn't p2w obtainable is a pointless rank.

And on top of that, this is an idle game (mostly). I don't really see idle games as being competitive. Which you could argue the fact that this idle game is more active than most, but it still is one.
You can usually find me here!
(10-21-2015, 07:18 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: Well orbs are heavily RNG, least epic chests don't mean you going to be able to afford the very next auto damage upgrade 1-2 times, while in orbs, your sacrifices is worth 1x, 2.5x or 5x the amount, if you have to rely on daily, you won't get very far with it when it constantly pays out 100xp (I been having this the past few days of 4x-5x worth of 100s).

But if its just a small amount of IOU score on the level of how small pet scores are, then maybe it'll be acceptable. I just worried that if added, would make too big of a impact on IOU scoring, which would really make determining how good a player is very awkward since orbs, its hard to say what they decided to invest in and orbs are highly impacting to the game balance wise.

It's not heavily RNG if you donate a lot of sacrifices. The reason for that is "The law of large numbers". Smile
(10-24-2015, 12:44 PM)Void Wrote:
(10-24-2015, 09:52 AM)Ragekai Wrote:
(10-21-2015, 10:10 AM)Void Wrote: I agree that it should be a small addition to IOU score if anything.

Yes, IOU Score doesn't matter, and yes, ranks don't matter...but it will give the ones who bought like 50,000 diamonds worth of dynamite will get a major IOU score boost if so.

Ranks don't matter?

Maybe if you aren't ranking, sure.

No, ranks don't matter much because almost all of them are p2w, and I'm quite sure there's more f2p than p2w people. The one that isn't p2w obtainable is a pointless rank.

And on top of that, this is an idle game (mostly). I don't really see idle games as being competitive. Which you could argue the fact that this idle game is more active than most, but it still is one.

I'm sure its at least POSSIBLE for a team of 4 f2p players to have made it into the top 100 by this point.
I bet there are atleast 5 or 6 in the top 50 now who would be top 100 f2p.
Itd mean a lot more work sure.
But a team of 4 active clickers and mana burners shouldnt be underestimated vs a team of lazy whales in the really long term.

Fact is-- very few people spend much time actually maximizing dps (active play) (possibly even at higher inferno then would idle at, especially if parties organize online times to active together). If they did, they would be more competitive in level rank (eventually) its just take longer vs p2p.

Generally speaking, the more competitive and serious players are more inclined to pay for the support benefits.
---Retired---
(11-14-2015, 12:20 PM)Ragekai Wrote: But a team of 4 active clickers and mana burners shouldnt be underestimated vs a team of lazy whales in the really long term.

Fact is-- very few people spend much time actually maximizing dps (active play) (possibly even at higher inferno then would idle at, especially if parties organize online times to active together). 

Do people actually do this? I would have thought the choices were either scripting or just leaving it idle (which I assume 99% do)

Personally the only time I ever click is during challenges which I haven't done for weeks now... fair play if you have the patience to click farm but that would bore the hell out of me lol

I know a few people are doing the infinite crit boost business with a script or macro whatever you want to call it but as for doing it manually...
(11-14-2015, 01:26 PM)SonGoku Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 12:20 PM)Ragekai Wrote: But a team of 4 active clickers and mana burners shouldnt be underestimated vs a team of lazy whales in the really long term.

Fact is-- very few people spend much time actually maximizing dps (active play) (possibly even at higher inferno then would idle at, especially if parties organize online times to active together). 

Do people actually do this? I would have thought the choices were either scripting or just leaving it idle (which I assume 99% do)

Personally the only time I ever click is during challenges which I haven't done for weeks now... fair play if you have the patience to click farm but that would bore the hell out of me lol

I know a few people are doing the infinite crit boost business with a script or macro whatever you want to call it but as for doing it manually...

I agree, no one actively clicks/burns stamina unless you are scripting. The problem with that also is that burning stamina doesn't make a f2p person level 2x faster, whereas a whale levels 2-4x faster (yes, that fast). The only top 100 f2p people I see are the ones who started before kong.
You can usually find me here!
Not to bring the conversation back around, but has anyone sat down and figured out a better way to do IOU?

Here's what I'd like... I think this would make each category weighed about = to their importance, IMO:

Gold upgrade levels (the ones that count now): 1 pt 1-100, 2 pts 101-200, 3 pts 201+
Wood and Stone Upgrades: 5 each (clearly, this is a small number, relative to it's importance in a players' strength)
Orbs: level 1 = 100, level 2 = 500 level 3 = 2000 level 4 = 5000
Levels: 10 each
Pet Levels; 3 each (that should put it at about 1/3 to 1/4 the value of your level)
Account Levels: 5 each
Guild Levels: 5 each
Adventure: As is

This way, instead of it just being an upgrade count once you get to inferno, it might actually reflect how strong a player is Smile

Thoughts?
(11-15-2015, 04:35 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: Not to bring the conversation back around, but has anyone sat down and figured out a better way to do IOU?  

Here's what I'd like... I think this would make each category weighed about = to their importance, IMO:

Gold upgrade levels (the ones that count now): 1 pt 1-100, 2 pts 101-200, 3 pts 201+
Wood and Stone Upgrades: 5 each (clearly, this is a small number, relative to it's importance in a players' strength)
Orbs: level 1 = 100, level 2 = 500 level 3 = 2000 level 4 = 5000
Levels: 10 each
Pet Levels; 3 each (that should put it at about 1/3 to 1/4 the value of your level)
Account Levels: 5 each
Guild Levels: 5 each
Adventure: As is

This way, instead of it just being an upgrade count once you get to inferno, it might actually reflect how strong a player is Smile

Thoughts?

is that 1 point each lvl from 1 to lvl 100, and then 2 points each lvl 101 to 200? <------ i'm guessing this is what you mean
or just 1 pt for all 100 lvls from 1 to 100 then 2 pt.. ect?

not a bad idea I could see it working that way

Will Ray change the way the IOU Score is added... maybe when the game is done or if he has a plan to rework the IOU score before then...
I don't see orbs being added into IOU Score anytime soon, and if any score were to be added into IOU score for orbs I don't see it being higher then 1-2 points per orb lvl and 5 points per orb unlocked.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
Yeah, that's what I mean. As far as the orbs go, I was going for how useful they were, which I think that does. It could be that since you get them just by time they shouldn't be in there... that's arguable.
I actively and attentively with live clicking burn about 2000 mana and stam daily. The fact that I paid support only makes such feel more necessary honestly if I were f2p its be easier to just idle in the background and not care
---Retired---