Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge mode - currently, worst feature
(10-04-2015, 09:46 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: If you gonna say it needs restrictions, then I will say that Ray should nerf the heck out of milestone achievement then, then won't have to worry about beggars cause there be nothing super awesome to gain lol.

Honestly if milestones weren't so powerful, low level players would beg less for the completion, even I try not to do this but the increase in power is too great to just simply believe you can do without it. While there had to been players back then to reach that point without help before there was such a thing as carrying, I feel like the challenge milestone shouldn't had much impact as it does.

The reason I say this is if you look at the "challenge boosts" which is what you get from each successful completion, you'll find it so low that its nearly un-noticeable. It barely at 300+ vs. 10000 milestone. I think the problem is that its actually horribly unbalanced reward wise, a more steady improvement would have been better, as players wouldn't feel like they have to keep begging till the next milestone, which is the only reason to even do the challenges cause the challenge boost itself by that point is useless.

I'd agree on nerfing the milestone boost also. 

The problem with making it to where you have to complete the solo before the duo/group is...p2w will be getting this done way before someone who is f2p. So in all, this will make the gap between f2p vs p2w even larger than it already is. I'm not saying for all p2w the gap is larger, but when you got support 8+ with maxed account upgrades and maybe even extra ap to max your auto base damage, you are a hell of alot stronger/better than people who are f2p.

And even so, making it to where you have to complete the solo first will make p2w people have the milestone before a f2p. So either way making it that way will give p2w more of an advantage.

Honestly having a challenge milestone be able to be completed by "Hey! I can just p2w so I can beat this!" isn't much of an accomplishment.
You can usually find me here!
(10-04-2015, 09:46 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: If you gonna say it needs restrictions, then I will say that Ray should nerf the heck out of milestone achievement then, then won't have to worry about beggars cause there be nothing super awesome to gain lol.

Honestly if milestones weren't so powerful, low level players would beg less for the completion, even I try not to do this but the increase in power is too great to just simply believe you can do without it. While there had to been players back then to reach that point without help before there was such a thing as carrying, I feel like the challenge milestone shouldn't had much impact as it does.

The reason I say this is if you look at the "challenge boosts" which is what you get from each successful completion, you'll find it so low that its nearly un-noticeable. It barely at 300+ vs. 10000 milestone. I think the problem is that its actually horribly unbalanced reward wise, a more steady improvement would have been better, as players wouldn't feel like they have to keep begging till the next milestone, which is the only reason to even do the challenges cause the challenge boost itself by that point is useless.

You are right steady progression would fix a lot of the issues. Maybe if Ray moved the numbers around he could even out the challenge boosts and the challenge milestones. Not sure what the numbers would be, but if say half the damage was from completing the challenge and the other half was from the milestones it would make it at least a little less important to hit those milestones.

Currently bronze and rage give the same damage for completing the individual challenge, I'd make it so that as you go up they give out more and then subtract that from the challenge milestones.
I think the problem with the challenges it the last one is too hard, and the others too easy. If it was more even, people would be more likely to be able to complete it with a group of their peers, instead of begging for carries.

I just tried to do Rage Thug Duo with someone who had no business trying it... the person was doing like 7K DPS. THat's just dumb.

I also strongly think you should have to finish the solo before you do the others... that should be the only requirement, IMO. That pretty much fixes the carry thing.

I don't think that's any more advantageous for p2w players than anything else is.
(10-04-2015, 02:48 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: Currently bronze and rage give the same damage for completing the individual challenge, I'd make it so that as you go up they give out more and then subtract that from the challenge milestones.
The idea once given by my guildmate was to change values from +XX base to +% multiplicative boost of damage.

The idea was as follows. 
  1. Set X=Difficulty Level (Bronze=1, Rage=5) and Y=Challenge Number (1=Rats, 5= Werethings).
  2. For completing all 3 versions of any Y challenge of X difficulty, you gain (X+Y-1)*0.25%.
  3. For example, Bronze rats solo+duo+group gives 0.25% bonus dmg, Silver rats and Bronze Fruits gives 0.5%, rage ugh and platinum werethings give 2% and rage werethings give 2.25%.
  4. Cumulative bonus from all challenges is 31.25%. 
  5. Remove milestones or nerf them significantly (2-5 times).

That may seem overpowered, but it is just for the idea. you can easily rescale this.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
I am against the idea of limiting carries. Newer players should reach "endgame" faster so they can quickly come play with the older ones. If you dont want to carry then the solution is simply dont do it Smile
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
Lol... who carry? p2w players, only them are capable of carryin through ragestone( or ppl who get carried by them when game was fresh), i admit new challenge should be somehow limited, like 250 lvl to try it solo. I think even now game is fuck up and gap betwen p2w and f2p is too hudge( and as i see it it will only increase and that a not good thing for a game with pvp system in the future) Ray should remember that in games like that only ~20% pay and live the game and others play for free and just for for fun - but without that 80% game just die...
Cheers.
(10-07-2015, 10:20 PM)Turboptysek Wrote: Lol... who carry? p2w players, only them are capable of carryin through ragestone( or ppl who get carried by them when game was fresh), 

Wrong. f2ps with sufficient level can easily carry (and they do) most (not all) grouped and duo challenges. I am, and I can.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
Being someone that was carried through the lower levels I really appreciated it. It's nice to receive help when help is needed. However, you should have to complete Solo runs first to unlock Duo/Group runs. If people want to carry others let them but only after the Solo has been finished. The idea of never being able to enter a challenge after completion is a little ridiculous though.
Yeah, gotta say that something needs to be done. As a F2P player who refused to let anyone carry him and thought it was straight up rude to jump into a challenge that I hadn't already done solo, it really doesn't take that long to hit the big milestones. Yeah, the last one is hard as hell, but it should be! Now that I'm 200+ I feel like I'm exponentially leaping closer to being at the level I need to be without a carry to get that stuff done and I've only been playing for what, a month and a half? And I'm not very active - I just let the game idle most of the time.

The problem with the current system is that only people who spec perfectly and are extremely mindful of what they're doing can actually complete the challenges they're unlocking just because they're at the right level. Most players, from what I've seen, don't care enough to be mindful in how they spec and upgrade while progressing which is evident when i was able to carry my end of duos and still lose because the other person was 15 lvls higher and doing 20% less damage.

On one hand I feel like enforcing my own self-set morals on everyone else, forcing them to complete the solo challenge before moving up, isn't really fair. On the other hand, I'm sick and tired of trying to get a challenge done where I just need people to carry their weight and I get two guys who are way underpowered that drag us all down. So yeah, I think the best solution is to scrap level requirements entirely, and move to a "Complete the solo version to unlock the rest" system. That being said, if we want everyone to be able to do the group challenges, we need to be able to run them again with our guildmates sometimes - so that idea of not letting anyone repeat really isn't a good one. Hell, even as it is I sometimes have trouble finding people to finish stuff with. At that point, assuming they've done the solo, it'd be pretty hard for them to drag everyone down and getting a friend or random to carry you wouldn't be as...cheap? Yeah cheap is a good word.

Smoothing out the bonuses between completion and milestone would also be pleasing to me, since the gap seems silly, but it's just a personal preference. It's not like it will change anything on a practical level. Sure, you may be a little better off in between milestones, but not enough to really matter. In any case, it still tickles my fancy even if I know it doesn't mean much.