Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making Altar multiplicative
The boost from stables is actually decent. They were only considered useless because pets were useless. Altars are bad because they add to the same boost number that a ton of other things go to so the .5%/level is pretty pointless.
+1 it need buff and the idea is good too since soul system is not easy to lving at all
(10-04-2015, 09:01 AM)Mylon Wrote: Altar totally could be reworked into a +soul orb exp item. +5% soul orb exp per building level so they grow faster!

Yes. ^^This is actually the best idea for Altars I've come across that I never considered myself haha The name makes total sense for this. And for anyone who says we need to be careful how to balance the building...consider that even at lvl 50 you're only getting a 25% bonus which I can achieve with ascension points fairly easily. Sure, the number of points I would need to burn is prohibitive, but I'm talking about a lvl 50 building here. At lvl 10, which is miles more reasonable for any sane guild, I can spend 6 ascension points and achieve better results. Now if we take the logic further, that means a lvl 6 Fortress has more worth in the EXACT SAME BONUSES than a lvl 10 Altar. It is by far the worst building bar none (except maybe the stable for lvl 200+ players back when pets used to have a huge drop off in the late game depending on how you work the math).

Increasing the bonuses is another solution, but I find the one I quoted more inventive.
5% is way too much. It's fine where it is. Compare to fortress add 1 asc point per lvl. At the upper levels... It take 10 asc point to add +5% xp boost. So getting 10 fort lvl worth xp boost in one altar level is too much.
---Retired---
(10-09-2015, 11:17 PM)Ragekai Wrote: 5% is way too much. It's fine where it is. Compare to fortress add 1 asc point per lvl. At the upper levels... It take 10 asc point to add +5% xp boost. So getting 10 fort lvl worth xp boost in one altar level is too much.

Don't think you can use asc points to add +5% to soul orb exp.
I wouldn't mind seeing a 1% increase in soul orb exp per altar level. This would mean a level 10 altar would give a 10% level boost. Can't remember the cap on guild buildings but I think it was under 50.

The issue with 5% is that if a top guild had a level 30 altar they will get a 150% boost to soul orb exp which is way too much. But a 30% boost isn't that much considering other guild will have around level 10 by then.
(10-10-2015, 09:59 AM)Aaron Storm Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing a 1% increase in soul orb exp per altar level. This would mean a level 10 altar would give a 10% level boost. Can't remember the cap on guild buildings but I think it was under 50.

The issue with 5% is that if a top guild had a level 30 altar they will get a 150% boost to soul orb exp which is way too much. But a 30% boost isn't that much considering other guild will have around level 10 by then.

If level 1->2 takes 2 weeks, then level 4->5 will take 4 years.

A 150% boost to soul orb exp is not a big deal.
This may be an unpopular opinion, but here goes: I'm actually very fond of the altar as it is, it's a nice bonus to xp and gold income, which are both hard to come by at a certain progression point. I wouldn't change it.
I'm fine with Altar the way it is but I wouldn't mind if a little extra incentive was added. For example: every 5th lvl gave a full percent instead of the usual .5
(11-03-2015, 09:21 PM)DreadWulf Wrote: I'm fine with Altar the way it is but I wouldn't mind if a little extra incentive was added.  For example: every 5th lvl gave a full percent instead of the usual .5

That would be pretty cool.
You can usually find me here!