Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activity bonus to Support
So there have been a ton of suggestions for support level increases based on activity level. 

The problem is a lot of these I have seen either give F2P or P2W an advantage over the other. So I think I finally came up with a solution that treats both sides fairly by simply focusing on the days played and then multiplying the total diamonds earned/purchased.

For example let's say it's 1% per day played. If a F2P player had 5,000 diamonds after 50 days of playing it would be increased by 50% and count as 7,500 for support level. If a P2W player had 20,000 diamonds after 50 days of playing it would also be increased by 50% and be worth 30,000.

Taking this to the extreme a support 14 player after 200 days playing would have their 1,000,000 diamonds valued at 3,000,000 giving them support 15. A support 10 player with 140,000 diamonds would go to 420,000 and support 12. And a support 6 player with 27,000 diamonds earned would have 71,000 worth and go to support 8.

This gives us an incremental increase since it's by day. It treats everyone fairly by giving us all the same bonus based on days played while keeping the value of purchased diamonds towards contribution. Plus it actually makes that support 20 which would cost nearly $100,000 possible since if you had support 15 you could wait 3 years for the x10 multiplier.

Also if you want to know the support costs the wiki post is here http://iourpg.wikia.com/wiki/Support_Level
Or you could just have the support levels you earned / payed for?

Hm. Theres a wild idea.
---Retired---
(10-02-2015, 07:34 PM)Ragekai Wrote: Or you could just have the support levels you earned / payed for?

Hm. Theres a wild idea.

A feature like this would be earning extra support levels?
(10-02-2015, 08:00 PM)Abc Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 07:34 PM)Ragekai Wrote: Or you could just have the support levels you earned / payed for?

Hm. Theres a wild idea.

You get support by collecting diamonds in game from events expedition mining progression etc and/or by supporting with top up. Also claims multiple times daily. No need to add a multiplier on top of all that just for logging in.

Besides..the gains would be cumulative. Meaning the longer u play the less likely u feel need to support.
---Retired---
(10-03-2015, 12:40 AM)Ragekai Wrote:

Hm. Theres a wild idea.

You get support by collecting diamonds in game from events expedition mining progression etc and/or by supporting with top up. Also claims multiple times daily. No need to add a multiplier on top of all that just for logging in.

Besides..the gains would be cumulative. Meaning the longer u play the less likely u feel need to support.

Actually the game is awesome, the more I'd play the more I'd still want to donate to the game. Btw, stop referring "support" as just donating to the game.
You can usually find me here!
I'd prefer to just leave the support system the way it is. The biggest reason F2P falls behind P2W has nothing to do with the support levels, it's because of the account upgrades. The issue is that Ray has replied to topics before which basically just give points towards support level which basically makes purchasing diamonds in the game for support level worthless. Basically if you are support 12 right now F2P would hit support 12 at the same time as or before you hit support 13. Meaning all that money only gained you 1 support level, and they would hit 13 well before you had a shot at hitting 14 unless you put more money in. Below is exactly what he said about giving out support points in the game.

"This is actually the exact style i'm aiming at for the system, with milestones after <x1>,<x2>,<x3> days playing, where the awarded support progression grows more significantly for long-term players. I've been working out numbers for a few days...should hopefully have some sample numbers to work out soon."

So basically Ray is already planning on rewarding support progression based on time played in the game. At least with what I propose it's not skewed to the point where the only reason to ever buy diamonds in the game is for account upgrades. This way the diamonds you earn (F2P) or purchase (P2W) are worth more the longer you play the game. Both go up rather than just adding more free points into the game and making any purchased diamonds worth significantly less.

By the way the proposal was to give 3x the days played in support points each day. So after 334 days players would be getting 1,000 support points every day and would hit support 11 by the end of your first year playing. In the same post it was also suggested that all points are given retroactively. If that is what you want then fine, if you also don't want what I propose then please come up with something else. If it's better I'm all for it. I've racked my brain for a few days and this was the best solution I could come up with.
(10-03-2015, 08:56 AM)Void Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 12:40 AM)Ragekai Wrote:

Hm. Theres a wild idea.

Actually the game is awesome, the more I'd play the more I'd still want to donate to the game. Btw, stop referring "support" as just donating to the game.

lol that bothers you so much? Huh
---Retired---