Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other way to increase support lvl.
While I believe and it totally makes since that if you invest money into the game you should get something back (like support lvls) I believe it would also be nice to reward player who put alot of time ino the game. 

My thought is that Since IOU score is based mostly on everything you've accomplished, that support lvl increase can be either if you reached enough diamonds or having a cetain IOU score showing your dedication to the game. 

That way people who pay can still be fast-tracked to high support tiers and people who put time and effort into the game can also reach higher support tiers.
(09-29-2015, 02:25 AM)Jason743 Wrote: While I believe and it totally makes since that if you invest money into the game you should get something back (like support lvls) I believe it would also be nice to reward player who put alot of time ino the game. 

My thought is that Since IOU score is based mostly on everything you've accomplished, that support lvl increase can be either if you reached enough diamonds or having a cetain IOU score showing your dedication to the game. 

That way people who pay can still be fast-tracked to high support tiers and people who put time and effort into the game can also reach higher support tiers.

Ray as already stated that he wants to add ways to increase support lvl faster via active play and account lifespan so dont worry its in the works Smile
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
That's good to hear. Smile  

I vaguely heard about that but haven't seen much on it. I just thought that this may be a simpler way for Ray if he set it to having a certain IOU score or a certain amount of diamonds.
Eh don't think thatd be fair.
Obviously I won't hold the majority opinion here; since most are F2P by a huge margin.

But fact is: Players who payed for support levels did so because they were buying an edge on the competition. Some payed hundreds, even thousands of dollars. To just give that edge away a few months after is ..well... it ain't pretty.
---Retired---
(09-29-2015, 08:07 AM)Ragekai Wrote: Eh don't think thatd be fair.
Obviously I won't hold the majority opinion here; since most are F2P by a huge margin.

But fact is:  Players who payed for support levels did so because they were buying an edge on the competition.  Some payed hundreds, even thousands of dollars.  To just give that edge away a few months after is ..well... it ain't pretty.

wouldn't you also get the same as the f2p though? So you would still be ahead of every f2p by the same amount you paid
Andez - Click Heroes
(09-29-2015, 08:55 AM)Andez Wrote:

But fact is:  Players who payed for support levels did so because they were buying an edge on the competition.  Some payed hundreds, even thousands of dollars.  To just give that edge away a few months after is ..well... it ain't pretty.

wouldn't you also get the same as the f2p though? So you would still be ahead of every f2p by the same amount you paid

Well actually he would get more if Ray bases it off of days played because most f2p players are on Kongregate, and the game has only been out for a few months there.

He seems to not care about then and instead thinks that f2p should suffer.
You can usually find me here!
(09-29-2015, 09:21 AM)Void Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 08:55 AM)Andez Wrote:

Well actually he would get more if Ray bases it off of days played because most f2p players are on Kongregate, and the game has only been out for a few months there.

He seems to not care about then and instead thinks that f2p should suffer.

It's not that anyone thinks that f2p should suffer. It's that the suggestions that have been made are insane, like giving out the equivalent of 1k diamonds purchased every day towards support level. Sure f2p are all for that, but while they would gain 5-6 levels of support almost instantly players above level 10 would be lucky if they gained a single level. The cost per level of support goes up exponentially a lot, the top level 20 would cost around $100,000. In just a few months anyone that spent less than $1000 would probably be the same support level.

In addition there are a ton of new ways to get diamonds that are already planned for future patches.

If it's going to be anything based on days played it should probably just be a totally separate system like the support system but only based on time played.

What bugs me is that people want to hit those support levels as fast as possible. They seem to think it's not possible for them and that people that have spent just a few bucks more than them have this huge advantage. I've bought $300 worth of gems I'm support level 7. My brother is f2p and under 500 gems from support level 5. Are you really saying that my $300 into the game isn't worth a measly 2 support levels? The biggest difference isn't the support level anyway, it's the account upgrades. I'm at 90/100 he's at 25/60, my support level gives me a 8% exp bonus ahead of him, but my account upgrades give me a 40% boost. My support level again gives me a 8% boost over him in gold but my account upgrades give me a whole 65% boost over his. Oh an my support level gives me a tiny 4% boost to damage over him, which is far less than challenges, levels, cards, upgrades, pets, and basically anything else in the game that effects damage.

From a business perspective it gets even worse since support level is a major reason people have spent a lot of money on this game. Take that away and all you really have is the account upgrades. After a couple hundred bucks there is no reason to spend anymore, you have them maxed. And yet those players will still have a huge advantage over f2p players, it just won't be obvious.

Basically all this talk about support levels is crazy since that isn't what is slowing down f2p over p2w players. Instead ask for more diamonds so you can buy more account upgrades.
^

Yes. Please Ray, make it rain even more Diamonds, AP, Petfood, Events, and Codes.

RAIN RAIN RAIN~~

Till everyone is OP and rather you paid/pay or not doesn't even matter anyway since the whole world is flooded with free AP, diamonds, pet food, cards, and codes anyway Smile yaaay
---Retired---
I'm mostly f2p (I did by one event pack to be supportive), but I agree 100% with Ragekai. If paying doesn't give you something, people stop paying, Ray stops developing, and the game shrivels up and dies.
I like the idea of a separate bonus for longevity, similar to the difference in support levels and event milestones
Andez - Click Heroes