Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@Ray
I can't remember where but I think Ray was saying that the ultimate goal is that players will be in the thousands of levels. But he's going to have multiple ascensions on the way there. I believe that at one time level was capped at 200 before Inferno, I didn't play back then so you will have to ask some experienced players.

The point is he is probably going to cap it because right now the top couple dozen players are quickly outpacing everyone else. The top player right now is level 306, the 50th player is only 255, a 51 level difference.

Once he releases that new game mode I doubt he wants to release it for players that are already past the level for it. Imagine if he released it for level 400 (inferno 200), the top 50 players would probably be past 500 at that point. So he would have to release it for level 600, and then it would take anyone not in the top 200 months to see it. Instead he will probably cap it at 400 or something like that, depending on release date, and then only the top 200 will hit that cap before it is released.
(09-24-2015, 08:45 AM)Aaron Storm Wrote: The point is he is probably going to cap it because right now the top couple dozen players are quickly outpacing everyone else. The top player right now is level 306, the 50th player is only 255, a 51 level difference.

Once he releases that new game mode I doubt he wants to release it for players that are already past the level for it. Imagine if he released it for level 400 (inferno 200), the top 50 players would probably be past 500 at that point. So he would have to release it for level 600, and then it would take anyone not in the top 200 months to see it. Instead he will probably cap it at 400 or something like that, depending on release date, and then only the top 200 will hit that cap before it is released.

And because of this, If only the new major game system is introduced, inferno lvls need to be capped at reasonable point. Anyone would like to reach that point and if one would see it'll take him 1 year to reach inferno lvl 200, he will quit. 

With current system, as f2p player who does not abuse game system to lvl faster (some people from tops do), I need 1.5 days to lvl up (almost lvl 250). If only I can keep that speed for the eternity, that would take me ~2.5 months just to reach lvl 300. If the cap was 400, you guess it: 7.5 months... That does not encourage...

There few two solutions:

1. Set hard cap at 350-400. If tops reach that, then they have to wait for future system. Sorry, you were rushing so much, you can now blame yourself.

2. Set hard cap past 400. But also increase somehow lvl speed so anyone can hit the cap in reasonable amount of time. This will however piss anyone who reached decent inferno lvl, as the time they spent lvling isn't worth the same. Just compare 1-200 before and after kong release.

3. Introduce other systems allowing to earn exp. Global Beasts, for instance, could give experience (reasonable amounts).
I think the mmo aspect of the game requires a level cap. Think about it, without one, competitive new players (aka potentially spenders) would be discouraged seeing they will NEVER catch up the top ranked players in levels, and that's related to potential damage.

Older players need an advantage, yes. But they'll have that in cards (which will get a boost later today) and we'll have to wait the new features to find out if they'll fit in this or not.
This seems a bit invalid to argue, even if a cap is put in it's always been a first to reach the cap will stay at that rank. So even if cap was level 400 for example and you were new to the game, the top rankings would be full of people who already hit 400 and at that point the rankings would be set in stone. This discourages me even more, when I join a game and think "hmm there is literally no possible chance of me being even in the top 100, ever, no matter what" then I wouldn't even start playing.

As a whole I think a cap, and with caps comes and end to progression, would be horrible, especially since so many people have spent thousands supporting this game. Just the fact that Ray hinted there will be a cap assures that I personally will never spend another penny on this game.
IGN: Gannon               Guild: MDK
(09-25-2015, 05:21 AM)Gannon Wrote: This seems a bit invalid to argue, even if a cap is put in it's always been a first to reach the cap will stay at that rank. So even if cap was level 400 for example and you were new to the game, the top rankings would be full of people who already hit 400 and at that point the rankings would be set in stone. This discourages me even more, when I join a game and think "hmm there is literally no possible chance of me being even in the top 100, ever, no matter what" then I wouldn't even start playing.

As a whole I think a cap, and with caps comes and end to progression, would be horrible, especially since so many people have spent thousands supporting this game. Just the fact that Ray hinted there will be a cap assures that I personally will never spend another penny on this game.

*sigh*
This is the hole sentence.

Quote:
  • I'm thinking of capping inferno leveling at some point in preparations for the next major game mode

It would be nice if people read the hole thing before hand. Here are are few thing to note:
  • Game use to cap at A2 before kong beta release, and A3 was added
  • Then stopped at lvl 200 before kong live release, then inferno was added
  • Now he said he is going to cap inferno for next major game mode and people are crying?!?
It's not a big deal there have been caps before and some people got stuck at them too, not many just some, so the cap in question may not even or ever effect you.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
I haven't had a chance to fully look through this thread at comments and so forth.

Regarding Inferno level cap...Inferno is the post-200 game mode...the cap would not be an end-game cap at all. In fact, I intend on ensuring that there truly is no cap to the game on several fronts. The cap would be a limit to inferno game-mode, introducing a new game-mode beyond inferno.

One thing I dislike about most idle games is that the difficulty just grows on the EXACT same gameplay elements, over and over, with nothing new to work on other than difficulty. This is not how I want things in the game where it's a pointless grind up to infinity. I would like to add a new challenging element to the game for a nice change in pace for after Inferno. Until those details are final though and in the works, there will definitely be no cap....I really don't think there's anything to worry about here. Inferno will still be a part of the game regardless of the new game-mode.

Ray
(09-26-2015, 03:40 AM)Ray Wrote: I haven't had a chance to fully look through this thread at comments and so forth.

Regarding Inferno level cap...Inferno is the post-200 game mode...the cap would not be an end-game cap at all. In fact, I intend on ensuring that there truly is no cap to the game on several fronts. The cap would be a limit to inferno game-mode, introducing a new game-mode beyond inferno.

One thing I dislike about most idle games is that the difficulty just grows on the EXACT same gameplay elements, over and over, with nothing new to work on other than difficulty. This is not how I want things in the game where it's a pointless grind up to infinity. I would like to add a new challenging element to the game for a nice change in pace for after Inferno. Until those details are final though and in the works, there will definitely be no cap....I really don't think there's anything to worry about here. Inferno will still be a part of the game regardless of the new game-mode.

Ray

Like I said, I doubt you'd cap the levels...but instead have something after the "inferno level cap". Can't wait to see it, and maybe I'll be close to the cap by time you get to it.
You can usually find me here!