Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Progress towards support lvls
(09-24-2015, 03:10 PM)Brouwer Wrote: From Ray's blog:
Quote:
  • Call me p2w all you want, but I'm looking at ways to reward all dedicated players progress towards support levels, regardless of spending. Likely based on active days, potentially on referrals and other things as well down the road. 
I actually shared this on chatzy and few poeple said good things about this, so let me post it here.
You can modify support system to be base on support points. 

1. All diamond requirements are transferred to support points requirements. If you needed 140k diamonds for support 10, now you need 140k points for that.
  2. Each diamond is worth 1 support point.
  3. Support points can be earned, as mentioned above, based on active days. They are called passive support points and they are claimable at the same time daily reward is claimed. The number of points you claim is proportional to number of days played (see trophies).
  4. More about passive points - the amount you earn can be equal to 3*X (X=days played). This will allow f2p to reach 200k support points (support lvl 11) after, suprisingly, exactly 1 year. After that time points per day cap at 3*365. The cap is to prevent too fast growth, which with this system is of square rate (polynonial of order 2). Support 12 is reached at day 456, 13 at 632, 14 at 730 and 15 past 1k days. If this is too much, amount can be 2*X, capping at 730 after 1 year. Support 10 is reached at day 374, 11 at 456, 12 at 593, 13 few days after 1k.
  5. Support points are retrospective, so if you already play 100 days, you are given all points you missed.
  6. If you miss claim at day X, you also miss 3*X points. The next day you can claim 3*(x+1) points (as this matches to day X+1).
  7. Referalls can provide you 10% of their daily support point claims. This rounds down to neariest integer. Also, to prevent abuse, you can only have 3 referalls from which you can benefit.
  8. Daily activity can give support points. My idea is that for each challenge completed you earnd 1-5 points, according to their difficulty. However, to prevent abuse, only 15 points can be earned per day. 
I guess that is all for now.

Support 11 in a year just for having an account?
Thats $1,150. $90/month.

Ok.

Anyone who actually paid for their support 11 before that is either going to be obviously irate; or they are stinking rich.
---Retired---
Currently the game is legitimately free to play, paying money does make you significantly stronger, but nothing in the game is unreachable for free players. If that won't change with future content, then outside of maybe making it easier to reach support 5, I see no reason to mess with the way support works.

You could expand space expeditions if you want more game modes where free players are on about an even footing with paid ones. Keep having expedition points be unpurchasable and add in the things listed as coming soon. By giving good rewards for completion of that stuff, you'd reward long term players.
(09-30-2015, 10:44 AM)uwnim Wrote: Currently the game is legitimately free to play, paying money does make you significantly stronger, but nothing in the game is unreachable for free players. If that won't change with future content, then outside of maybe making it easier to reach support 5, I see no reason to mess with the way support works.

You could expand space expeditions if you want more game modes where free players are on about an even footing with paid ones. Keep having expedition points be unpurchasable and add in the things listed as coming soon. By giving good rewards for completion of that stuff, you'd reward long term players.

Solid.

There are plenty of Diamonds and AP raining from the sky with codes and events as it is.
Quite Frankly being support 5 F2P is pretty high already after most players havent been playing longer then 2 months.

The diamonds come with play as it is. No need to cheapen the advantage of collecting them ; especially after they were for sell.
---Retired---
I think your numbers are way way too high. 3xdays played even if it caps at 365 is a huge number, over 1k support points a day.

I'm all for giving ways for f2p players to reach a higher support level, my brother is f2p. But this is insane, that's 1095 points a day, and averaged out over that first year it's nearly 600 each day. That is nearly equal to spending around $6 a day buying diamonds. Granted you don't get the diamonds to actually spend, but it's still a lot and it takes away one of the main reasons that people support the game and buy diamonds. And you are talking about getting it retroactive, so anyone that has been playing for two months would instantly start getting 180 points every day.

There are already a ton of ways to get diamonds in the game. And I wouldn't mind seeing some ways to get diamonds and contribution points for a higher support level. In fact I'll go ahead and list a bunch.

In dev blog or other posts by Ray *haven't heard if they will give diamonds but likely
1. More Challenges (already planned)
2. More content (already planned)
3. Helping others beat challenges (already planned*)
4. Global beasts (already planned*)
5. Weekly events (already planned*)
6. Major events (already planned)
7. Guild beasts (already planned*)
8. Guild challenges (already planned)
9. Expanded expeditions with pvp (already planned)

In suggestion list
10. Mini games*
11. Random chances to get diamond loot from hunting and crafting
12. Quests*
13. Gambling system*

Anyway are you getting the point yet? There are a ton of features that haven't even been implemented yet that will make diamonds easier to get without any need for just handing out 1k support points every day. All of those combined will probably still be less than 100 a day. With that said it wouldn't be bad if instead of giving out diamonds you got 5-10 times as many contribution points. For instance maybe every time you help someone beat a challenge they haven't beaten yet you get 10 contribution points instead of 1 diamond. Perhaps a mini game is added to the game that you can play 10 times a day and each time gives you 10 points.

Support level should only come easily if you are actually spending money on the game. You shouldn't get 50 times more support level from just logging into the game each day as you get from everything else you do in the game combined.

If you are going to implement this system then you should multiply diamond purchases addition to support by at least 10 times retroactively and going forward. That or only have this go up by 1 every week and max at under 100.
I don't like the idea of multiplicative days needed for next supporter level (126 for next supporter level, 252 for another, 504 for another, etc).
Necro-bump, but only because I like this idea.
The idea is pretty good, but getting the equivalent of 1000 diamonds per day in support means that days played is the biggest factor in support even for mid-level supporters. A lowered version would be very appropriate though.

I would also like the Expedition system to be expanded. It is atm the only feature that is entirely F2P and that depends on how any days you have played.... and it is maxed after what... 90 days?
(12-26-2015, 03:15 PM)Khanate Wrote: The idea is pretty good, but getting the equivalent of 1000 diamonds per day in support means that days played is the biggest factor in support even for mid-level supporters. A lowered version would be very appropriate though.

I would also like the Expedition system to be expanded. It is atm the only feature that is entirely F2P and that depends on how any days you have played.... and it is maxed after what... 90 days?

I believe the best possible solution would be an expanded expedition system also.
https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1766
You can usually find me here!
(12-26-2015, 03:15 PM)Khanate Wrote: The idea is pretty good, but getting the equivalent of 1000 diamonds per day in support means that days played is the biggest factor in support even for mid-level supporters. A lowered version would be very appropriate though.

The original idea excluded the amount of rewards that were given with events. That means lots of diamonds from them. 

Also, with the increasing possibilities of future diamon incomes from various features I think that 3*X is way too much, even 2*X. I would stick to 1*X for Xth day, capped after 1 year. 

Support points could still be earned via daily activity with reasonable caps. There is plenty of room for that.

And please don't tell me 365 points/day is much. You need to play 1 year to reach that point.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(12-29-2015, 09:09 PM)Brouwer Wrote:

The original idea excluded the amount of rewards that were given with events. That means lots of diamonds from them. 

Also, with the increasing possibilities of future diamon incomes from various features I think that 3*X is way too much, even 2*X. I would stick to 1*X for Xth day, capped after 1 year. 

Support points could still be earned via daily activity with reasonable caps. There is plenty of room for that.

And please don't tell me 365 points/day is much. You need to play 1 year to reach that point.

I was just commenting on the original suggestion. 

I do agree with the proposal and think it should be paired with increase in diamond revenue for long-term players. It's not like F2P players are competing with P2W players in any way, shape or form nowadays.