Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Arena vs Pet Dmg updates
With recent update our pets got buffed in damage, in two different ways.

Also, with the same update pet arena was made "a bit" harder to compensate damage increase.

Actually, 

Quote:Pet arena monsters have higher Max HP (but will still be easier to defeat with the new pet damage bonuses)

which, based on my calculations, is far from being true.

I made a small spreadsheet to compare how did they change relative to each other. The results aren't very good... 

To point out the most basic results:

1. Initial arenas are in fact easier. A lvl 250 can experience easier arena until challenge 17, assuming he has 2x exactly the same robobess lvl 1.

2. If you want to push through few more challenges, you will most likely find them harder.  Not that much harder, but few more rounds with weak pets and low inferno lvl will quickly jump into 1.5x harder challenge.

The sheet you can test this is avaliable here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Taking my pets, 2x lvl 8 rhinos, and my inferno lvl, until challenge #14 monsters are easier. If I decided going for #22, I'd find it 1.1316x harder. #27 is 1.2x harder. And if something is harder, it requires more AP to win. So basically, if you didn't do a push before update, you have to spend more AP to do it up to the same point as you would before. Also, to have the same difficulty of #22, I'd have to be ~60 inferno lvls higher than now...

So to conclude that quite long and boring post, pet arena is a bit easier early, but gets hurder/much harder the higher arena challenge we try. On the other hand, early challenges gets easier with higher inferno lvl. 

// All formulas used to make this sheet are of mine discovery (including new pet base dmg and new arena monster hp)
To know how much harder/easier wouldn't you need 2 additional factors? Percent increase from pet points , and percent from ascension point upgrade. I could be wrong, formulas aren't my thing.

EDIT: Anything that compares base numbers to a system that has better numbers the higher lvl/amount of time will always show that its way harder in the very beginning.
Regards,
xCannon
Harder than before the patch :v
i dont need to do big calcs. of course your sheet help others to get information on their particular stage of pets. but, i just have a look at my stage:
* before patch i was on #31, which got 16m hp and my pets were doin 27k each
* after patch i am still on #31, which got 46m (+30m) hp and my pets doin 110k each

dmg raised by 4.07 and hp by 2.87. its okish, not that bad. you forgot the pp perks for pets tho + guild perk + asc upgrade if you use that.

p.s.: all in all, a nice improvement. not that big like i wanted, but at least somth. cause at grinding/challenge, double+crit hits are happening and its nice to see those 200k+ hits by pets x) *finally
but if u DONT have any upgrade for pet then what :| it clearly became harder for F2P player *of course u dont know cause u focus ur money on pet and u told me when u still in our guild LOL * not everyone have money to spend on game u know :|
(09-23-2015, 11:27 AM)demwaral Wrote: * before patch i was on #31, which got 16m hp and my pets were doin 27k each
* after patch i am still on #31, which got 46m (+30m) hp and my pets doin 110k each

dmg raised by 4.07 and hp by 2.87. its okish, not that bad. you forgot the pp perks for pets tho + guild perk + asc upgrade if you use that.

Stars: this increase is impossible. Show me screenshot or it never happened.

// My guildmate has two brainfesters. He did ~31k each before patch, and after patch ~68k each. He has pretty good upgrades too.

About the last quoted sentence - no, I don't need other factors to find out the ratio between new and old dmg given I know exactly how pet dmg formula looks like. And I know it.
(09-23-2015, 02:16 PM)Brouwer Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 11:27 AM)demwaral Wrote: * before patch i was on #31, which got 16m hp and my pets were doin 27k each

Stars: this increase is impossible. Show me screenshot or it never happened.

// My guildmate has two brainfesters. He did ~31k each before patch, and after patch ~68k each. He has pretty good upgrades too.

About the last quoted sentence - no, I don't need other factors to find out the ratio between new and old dmg given I know exactly how pet dmg formula looks like. And I know it.

This is about to change again so no worries, as for my pets it does seem a little easier for me to do my arenas; before patch 14 hits to kill opponent 15 now 10 hits.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
Yeah I know more changes are about to come. 

To cast even more shadow of doubts on previous 27k->110k jump:

1. Maximum dmg increase factor from inferno lvls is 1.6x

2. The highest base dmg increase factor (wyrm lvl 1) is 1.723x

This gives no more than 2.7568x more dmg. 

4.07 is only possible with pet perks. If you had them in mind, you made a terrible logic mistake.
i got clockworks 5/4, i didnt touch the pp upgrades for about 3 weeks, since i skipped on arena for about 2 weeks (got bored of it, event was more funny). both are at 540% from perks. the lvl 5 does 111,908. the lvl 4 does 110,512. before patch they were around 27k.

i dont have to prove anything, i know what i have =)
(09-23-2015, 09:43 PM)demwaral Wrote: i got clockworks 5/4, i didnt touch the pp upgrades for about 3 weeks, since i skipped on arena for about 2 weeks (got bored of it, event was more funny). both are at 540% from perks. the lvl 5 does 111,908. the lvl 4 does 110,512. before patch they were around 27k.

i dont have to prove anything, i know what i have =)

Do you have ascension perk (pet dmg) maxed? If you have it now, and didn't have before, then what is the point of such comparision?

We can resolve this if you share all your upgrades: PP bonus, guild xp, stable and inferno lvl. You can pm me if you don't want to show them public (I already know your pets). I can do the math for old vs new dmg.