Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
inferno
(10-14-2015, 05:43 AM)SonGoku Wrote: when people say go for xp over cards they don't mean stay on the same stage for an extended period. They mean farm at an xp optimum tier rather than the optimum for cards

you say 10-44 like it's the best exp? After at3 you go by mob lvl or hp by altering the difficulty tier.
he's saying sitting on 10-44 because that was one of the options suggested in the question that spurred this latest sub-thread:
Quote:This seems to be at odds with collecting cards though? I just hit 130 and I'm confused that the method of progresssion has shifted so radically from levels to cards. Should I really be farming 1-1 and leveling slowly instead of 10-44? Maybe farm 10-44 until I'm closer to 200 then switch focus to cards?

The advice I've found was to farm cards to 50 from 1-1 and up, but that may be outdated. It just seems like 10-44 will provide much more exp and gold to boost damage (and other upgrades) without relying on rng drops.

Sorry for bumping a month old thread but I figured it made more sense than making a new one on the same topic.

There are three separate issues:
(1) You can optimize inferno tier for best xp, gold, cards, or some linear combination thereof. Conventional wisdom suggests to maximimze xp gains.
(2) Whatever you choose in (1), there is no reason to sit on one stage (e.g. 10-44) over another. Adjust the inferno tier instead to reach your desired monster level (before inferno the only way to change monster level is to change zones).
(3) Whatever you choose in (1) you should also try to be effiicient with cards while you are farming. Prior to the changes to cards, 50 was the most effiicient number to farm. Now it's 100.
I'm room 7's vanderbuzzard on kong if you wish to find me.
I was just pointing out that unlike prior to inferno there is basically no reason to not focus on cards as long as your inferno tier is set right. Prior to inferno focusing on exp meant staying on one specific zone. Even in inferno I can imagine there are people that stay on one specific world. Going up or down a world makes so little difference, especially at higher inferno tiers, that it's not really worth focusing on compared to making sure you move zones every 100 cards.

So yes focus on exp when you set your tier. Then focus on cards in that tier, or at least that is what I have done and I've outpaced everyone in my guild.