Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
level cap = bad
Lightbulb 
I read somewhere on Kong forum that game is capped at lvl 300.

I think this game should not have a level cap. It goes against the nature of the idle/incremental genre. Thats kinda one of the things cool about this type of game is that it goes on to infinity.

If there is a cap (for coding purpose) it should be something crazy someone will never get like at least 999.

Also, I'm against any kind of cap really the skills especially. It would be more fun without caps.
Theres no fun in caps.

Boo caps, boo.
---Retired---
Level 300 cap is a false rumor. Proof - when I hit level 265 causing the level bug, I got up to level 1018 before being reset. Minimum level is at least 1018.
(09-09-2015, 12:33 PM)Kaotikus Wrote: Level 300 cap is a false rumor.  Proof - when I hit level 265 causing the level bug, I got up to level 1018 before being reset.  Minimum level is at least 1018.

ah...cool. Smile
---Retired---
(09-09-2015, 12:33 PM)Kaotikus Wrote: Level 300 cap is a false rumor.  Proof - when I hit level 265 causing the level bug, I got up to level 1018 before being reset.  Minimum level is at least 1018.

Wow..with that level, your dps must've been like 10 million lol
I agree! I think it would be alot more interesting if the skills didn't have caps, that way there could be more variety in what people do, instead of just cranking autodam levels.

It's not JUST the cap, though, but also the dimishing returns have to be not so steep. .01% for a level double attack, for instance, is a bit silly.

Sure, some things inherently have a limit (regen times, for instance) but most don't have to. Opening thing up would be fun Smile
(09-10-2015, 05:47 AM)Wildfire2099 Wrote: I agree!  I think it would be alot more interesting if the skills didn't have caps, that way there could be more variety in what people do, instead of just cranking autodam levels.

It's not JUST the cap, though, but also the dimishing returns have to be not so steep.   .01% for a level double attack, for instance, is a bit silly.

Sure, some things inherently have a limit (regen times, for instance) but most don't have to.  Opening thing up would be fun Smile

agreed .01% and the like upgrades are a joke..and ridiculous. It takes you who knows..? Ten years playing? To make the gold back lol.

The upgrades should be limitless , and getting them should have a noticeable affect. For most fun Smile
---Retired---
(09-10-2015, 02:53 AM)lp9 Wrote:

Wow..with that level, your dps must've been like 10 million lol

Actually, the 5 minute average DPS was over 43m, but I was getting a level every 3-4 seconds, so the DPS at that level was a lot higher than that. That was all just from inferno bonuses as well, not from other purchased upgrades.

That was a glitch in the game.

Quote:What a crazy last couple weeks....fraud, blackmail + attacks on the game (lol), Yahoo server issues, and other fun party-worthy occurrences. I have been absolutely bombarded with unfortunate events, but excuses or not, more communication will be made now. Alas, we keep on moving forward [Image: smile.png]

First thing's first...please don't take any silence as a way of thinking the game's development is stopped - I am officially and contractually FULL-TIME on this project until 2017 and beyond....this game will continue to evolve time and time again over these years.

I'm sure a lot of you are getting impatient with wanting to know what's in the works, and rightfully so....so here's the new short-term road-map!
  • Card Pack System
  • Soul Stone System
  • Support Level Updates
  • Halloween Event
  • New Challenges

Here's the long-term road-map:
  • Global Beasts
  • Challenge Trials
  • Guild Beasts
  • Guild Challenges
  • Guild Buildings
  • Weekly 'Activities' (Smaller events)
  • Complete customization supported avatar system
  • Complete crafting system (with visible gear on your avatars)
  • New game mode/content expansion for late inferno
  • Mobile support
  • Battle ship game-play system
  • more..don't get ahead of yourself!

I was actually anticipating working out global beasts with the upcoming updates, but unfortunately I have to put it on the back-burner while stability changes occur.

It's a continual effort to get things organized for further growth, and further updates. More than occasionally, that takes away my attention from the community - this is why we have a community manager to help with those efforts when I simply am drowning (and loving it) with work, but I will continue to make as much effort as possible to connect with you guys as often as I can.

Ray

Read the part I put in bold, italic, and underlined, also if you think of it, having a cap works for ascension points.
  • No cap means unlimited ascension points that would make the ascension point reset useless,
  • Would have to add more to ascension upgrades, or stop giving an ascension point every level once you hit a certain level.
  • The last time he said he was adding a new game mode inferno came out.
  • The inferno leveling cap maybe 100, or even at most 200, meaning a max of 300-400 levels, why the level 300 cap rumor because of people on test sever said it stops at level 300 (100 inferno); granted that was a few weeks ago.
So we wait and see what the "New game mode/content expansion for late inferno" well bring us.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos