Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 4 :: 2015 :: February
Finally the 6 man group battle emerges...this testing was not the most fun part of the development running 6 clients at once several times to test it, but alas, successful test and challenge completed!

I have a massive todo list now that i'll be starting tomorrow. Aiming for this weekend for the next big patch.

Alright! A good amount of the next patch is ready to go. I still have clix balancing changes to go, and some other other things i'll be leaving for future patches but i'm definitely releasing this patch this weekend.

On a less exciting note (for me), I ran some logs on players who exploited the challenge system....based on my findings it's possible it was just lack of realizing there was an issue with the balancing of the challenges for some. Due to the count, i'll be resetting everyone's challenges who have completed difficulties:

Platinum (beyond the first challenge)
Ragestone difficulty (All)

Note, i'll only be resetting the challenge stage status to the 3rd zone for those specific challenges at those specific difficulty levels. I'll also be looking at the most exploited players and making judgement on the existence of their accounts as a whole from this point on.

The downtime for this next patch will be 5-15 minutes for the initial release. But due to the potential bugs it could be extended after coming back up for up to another 30 minutes.

All of this mess in the last 1-2 weeks will finally come to an end over the next few days with the most complicated feature in the roadmap being out, and it will begin to feel more like business as usual with more frequent patches Smile
All clix balance changes complete, among several additional fixes. This update is feeling just about ready.
Thumbs Up 
Happy February's End!

This month was pretty insane for me for IOU development. I decided to take the most difficult and complex system and turn that into the main priority for February....

It proved even more complicated, and still has a few improvements to go, but it's out and I don't suspect it will be as much of a commitment for the next updates.

So what's next? Follow the Dev Diary 5 :: 2015 :: March. I'll be posting the plans for March shortly Smile