Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speed % nerf via Ascension points
In the past speed % boosts for ascension points were 5% and 10% for auto and click speeds. Now as more people have begun to play the percentages have dropped to 2% and 5%. I realize the balancing issues have to do with the server and what it can handle; however, cutting down our dps to ensure server stability isn't actually a balance as far as damage is concerned. While speed %s were decreased auto/click damage (5%/10%) should have increased to make up the difference.

My main concern is that as the popularity of this game rises and more and more people play. Those percentages may continue to decrease while cutting down into players overall dps.

While some may argue that pet damage did increase, not all of us have invested much into our pets as others have. Whereas we all have invested in auto and/or click damage. Which would benefit the majority as opposed to the minority. With that being said I propose a change for an increase in auto/click percentages in ascension upgrades. To what extent, I'll let the mathematicians figure out an ideal increase but I'm assuming 1% or 2%, nothing game breaking.

Agree, disagree?
I dont mind the changes when it comes to more DPS.

However, let us keep in mind that " Not investing " in something is not a valid argument, because at the end of the day we all made our choices regarding the path we decided to follow in the game.

I do understand what you are saying, but rather than changing already existing formulas, why not think of something to " add " to the game, that will provide the required DPS/Speed and buffs.

That way, you dont change anything, but rather improve.

I agree with you from one point of view, and I disagree from an another.
IGN             Phr34kness      lvl 93           IOU         6019
Guild           Z Warriors                           IOU         72746
(08-03-2015, 04:38 AM)Phr34kness Wrote: I dont mind the changes when it comes to more DPS.

However, let us keep in mind that " Not investing " in something is not a valid argument, because at the end of the day we all made our choices regarding the path we decided to follow in the game.

I do understand what you are saying, but rather than changing already existing formulas, why not think of something to " add " to the game, that will provide the required DPS/Speed and buffs.

That way, you dont change anything, but rather improve.

I agree with you from one point of view, and I disagree from an another.

Well when I started playing pets were crap. So our paths weren't the same. Pets have become 10fold as strong as they were when the game was first released. So I disagree with you on valid or not.

In addition, if you read my initial post and think that I want more speed, you misread it. Speed is the problem, adding another source of speed won't rectify the problem. Whereas adding a percent or two, to the already existing 5/10%s ascension damage would. Why would we need a whole new source, I don't understand the logic behind that.
Nevermind.
IGN             Phr34kness      lvl 93           IOU         6019
Guild           Z Warriors                           IOU         72746
Balancing the dps via damage buff to compensate for speed nerf sounds reasonable.

Anyone got some calcs?