Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dev Diary 1 :: 2014 :: Nov 16 - 23
A development diary is now being started to keep track of the progress of the development of IOU for record-keeping, and information for the user-base upon beta release.

Continuing from last weeks completion of Abilities and the 2nd and 3rd planets brings a new list of work.

This weeks todo entails:
  • Scoring System
     -Total Score -Adventure Scoring -Pet Scoring -Upgrade Scoring -Ability Scoring -Trophy Scoring
  • Statistic Logging
     -Battle Stats -Currency Stats -Event Stats
  • Ranking System [Same categories as the scoring system]
    -Total -Adventure-Pet-Upgrade-Ability-Trophy
  • Pet tier 2-10

Scoring System
The scoring system will be a fun little feature to keep track of your personal progress. This is intended later to tie into some trophy challenges, ranking, unlock rewards, events, and hopefully more.

In Development Shot:
[Image: char_stats_1.png]

Statistic Logging
This system is a major requirement for the future of Trophies (aka Medals / Achievements). Things like most damage dealt, total damage dealt, creatures killed, total gold earned, total chest claims, and so forth are being logged here. This system has been designed to be pretty flexible in terms of additions, as are all the features being added into the game for major expansion post-release.

Rank System
This system has a lot of potential for rewards and competition. For now it can be looked upon for fun as it fills with new data after the release.

WIP Screenshot:
[Image: toplists_1.png]

Uncertain what priority will take, but eventually there will be a player inspection system to see all their stats/build/progress.

Pet tier 2-10
The pet system is already complete, with upgrades and the whole shabam, however as pets evolve they have no new look. This week i'll be finishing up on the 2nd to 10th tiers for that. There is no decision yet whether to allow pets to evolve beyond the 10th tier, as that should take a very very long time.

This weeks progress has gone extremely well and i'm well ahead of the to-do. I think a week or two the game can start being prepared for a small private alpha testing phase with a few people.